PDA

View Full Version : Job alerts

LUNCHBOX
03-28-2013, 04:32 AM
I was reading and have seen a few posts about members jobs going away for whatever reason. I am putting up this thread as a pass on log to others about jobs in there area. I saw that Grumpy posted there where some jobs in his neck of the woods as well as Izzy. If those two guys could give more details about what might be available....

I am located in Ohio north of Cincinnati and there are a few jobs here. Mostly small stuff like fast food, some part time at branch stores. The better ones would be in the prison system as a officer.

Anyone else have info to pass on????

Grumpy Old Man
03-30-2013, 08:41 PM
The oil patch is in full boom mode in the Midland Odessa area. Truck drivers with CDLs are in high demand. Most drilling companies will hire and give ojt. Well site support services are hiring too. San Angelo will be booming in the next year or so with oil driven economies. Also, a fair amount of construction is going on, so there may be jobs there. I'll post more as I see them.

ElevenBravo
03-31-2013, 01:22 AM
I worked for 7 years as a C.O. and I can tell you, I wish I had NEVER done it. Pay was decent, but the toll it takes on your mind & body is significant. Not worth the money IMHO.

EB

ladyhk13
04-01-2013, 06:08 AM
Don't forget the Veteran's Administration. They are always hiring in almost every state.

Sniper-T
04-01-2013, 09:49 PM
If anyone is looking to move north, we have one of the lowest unemployment rates around, with decent paying jobs in most fields just looking for people to fill them.

I don't know what's involved, but if you're hurting for work, it might be worth checking out!

Dropy
04-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Lots of jobs in western ND. Oilfield here pays very well.