PDA

View Full Version : Something Interesting Happened to Me the Other Day

Willie51
04-07-2013, 07:51 PM
We were at the music store the other day getting Songbird her birthday present (electric piano and some additional sound equipment for her gigs) and the young gentleman (about 30 years old) helping us in the store also wanted to help me load the trailer. While loading up outside, out of the clear blue, he happened to mention that he was thinking of moving to Chile and starting a new life with his wife and baby. I asked him why Chile! He proceeded to tell me that he and his wife just had their first child (who was about 2 months old) and they and many of their friends were afraid of what was going on in our country and a collapse of some kind was coming. We talked for bit and then I smiled and we told him not to panic and maybe we could help him. I rarely tell anyone, especially folks we don't know that we are Preppers. But I felt there was a reason he picked us to talk to because we were dressed business casual and I felt compelled to let him know and try to help guide him in the right direction. I then reached in my truck and handed him the book "Preparedness: The Basics and Beyond" by Mark A. Smith. I gave him that book because it is a common sense basic approach to being prepared and applies to anyone and everyone. I also gave him the name of this forum and told him to stop listening to Jesse Ventura! He couldn't believe his eyes when I handed him the book and thanked me over and over and gave Songbird a big hug. I will see him again in the coming weeks and see how's doing.

Just wanted to share. :)

Evolver
04-07-2013, 09:26 PM
Great story and thanks for shearing.

prepguide
04-08-2013, 12:55 AM
I've been sitting here trying to figure out what to write in response to this post. I work with a variety of people all over the country helping them prep and hopefully doing some good and then I see this and smile. Willie thank you for this. It really made my day. :)

Stormfeather
04-08-2013, 06:07 AM
And we once again affect (infect?) another person! I just scored a ton of free equipment from the military, and guys were asking me why would I want 35 of the 5 gallon water/gas cans? I just simply said. . . so Im prepared for whats coming. Strangely enough, they kind of looked at me, and started grabbing cans and gear themselves! Im the type of soldier that quite a few come up and ask advice from, on a myriad of topics. So afterwards a few asked me straight up if I was a prepper and I told them I was. Gave them some basic insight, and topics to study, this website, and simply said, check it out and make your own decisions on it. So hopefully they may show up here!

Sniper-T
04-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Nice job Willie. If he doesn't move, he might just work into your MAG group

ElevenBravo
04-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Cool story, good move. Everyone I meet are oblivious to the world, cant be reached... cant be helped.

EB

Willie51
04-10-2013, 02:34 AM
I've been sitting here trying to figure out what to write in response to this post. I work with a variety of people all over the country helping them prep and hopefully doing some good and then I see this and smile. Willie thank you for this. It really made my day. :)

No problem brother. I just happened to have my next to the last book in my truck for a prepper friend of mine who could benefit from the book. It's funny how it worked out though. Like I said, we were dressed up and it was ironic that he started talking about it with us. So, I felt we were supposed to pick him that day and he picked us. The book is perfect for situations like this, instead of me trying to explain too much. I figured he could read it and then we talk later. :)

Oh and BTW, I went over 3 days later and gave my last book to my semi-prepper friend. He's like a brother to me and he's been slacking off lately and thinks his money can buy his way to safety.

Willie51
04-10-2013, 02:41 AM
Cool story, good move. Everyone I meet are oblivious to the world, cant be reached... cant be helped.

EB

EB, I agree most are and don't think anything drastic could ever happen here or don't seem to care.