PDA

View Full Version : Another prayer request

bacpacker
04-09-2013, 12:22 AM
I've known for some time that the wife was looking at surgery. We found out for sure last week that Thursday is the day. We would sure be thankful for your prayers. She's gonna be out of commision for quite a while recovering and going thru PT.

We decidied to take the last two weekends and do a little camping and hiking to relax and try to get our heads right heading into this. I may or may not be on much for a while coming up, but I will try and keep things up to date.

Evolver
04-09-2013, 12:51 AM
Prayers outbound my friends for a steady, accurate and precise hand to the surgeon and peace, calm and trust to her and yours that all will be well.

mitunnelrat
04-09-2013, 12:59 AM
Prayers out brother.

Tealcat95
04-09-2013, 01:21 AM
I will keep you and your family in my prayers... God Bless.

Taz Baby
04-09-2013, 01:34 AM
May Gods hands be the one's doing the surgery.

http://www.emmetfox.net/Praying%20hands%20pic.jpg

http://fellowshipofminds.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/gods-palm.jpg?w=500

http://www.apwin.org/wp-content/uploads/Pictures-Illustrations/Our%20Lord%20Jesus%20The%20Christ%20-%20Exhibit%20A/Guiding%20hands.jpg

Katrina
04-09-2013, 05:28 AM
Prayers are being sent.

Grumpy Old Man
04-09-2013, 12:12 PM
Prayers sent to the Great Physician BP.

eagle326
04-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Prayers and thoughts for her good recovery are on the way my friend. You got my number ; keep us informed.

bacpacker
04-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Thanks everyone. It's good to know so many folks are helping out.

Kodiak
04-09-2013, 01:17 PM
We'll be praying for you and your wife, BP.

Sniper-T
04-09-2013, 11:22 PM
Holy Crap Buddy! I hope it isn't as serious as it sounds. Wishing you both all the best through your trying times ahead, and praying for a quick and speedy recovery.

Willie51
04-10-2013, 01:52 AM
Sending prayers out tonight brother. Songbird and I will pray for a speedy recovery and good health.

bacpacker
04-10-2013, 02:10 AM
I didn"t mean to imply anything life threatning. It isn't. Just gettin her shoulder fixed. She will out of commision for a good long while for it to heal and go thru therapy for it. But she is not looking forward to it. At all.

Willie51
04-10-2013, 02:19 AM
I didn"t mean to imply anything life threatning. It isn't. Just gettin her shoulder fixed. She will out of commision for a good long while for it to heal and go thru therapy for it. But she is not looking forward to it. At all.

I don't blame her. I hate being out of commission with anything!!! Makes me ill. :mad:

Grumpy Old Man
04-10-2013, 11:23 PM
As the resident curmudgeon I'm here to tell you getting old ain't for sissies! I pray that the recovery doesn't get her down and that she will be blessed with the healing spirit of Our Promised Comforter. May Yahweh enfold you both in his protecting arms.

bacpacker
04-11-2013, 12:37 AM
With all the prayers going up both from here and many other places, she will come thru this with flying colors. After her car wreck 20 some years ago and all she had to go thru then, this won't be to bad. She's been thru worse.

We feel blessed to have so many friends lookin out for us. Thank You all so much!

Stg1swret
04-11-2013, 02:09 AM
BP , I'll be praying for your wife and family. By His stripes we are healed.

bacpacker
04-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Thanks for all the prayers. Surgery was successful and she is now home.

Taz Baby
04-11-2013, 10:19 PM
great to hear.

Katrina
04-12-2013, 02:57 AM
Fantastic!! Hope she isn't in too much pain

4suchatimeasthis
04-12-2013, 04:02 PM
Sorry I missed this thread, BP, but prayers of thanks for her successful surgery, and continued ones for recovery.

mitunnelrat
04-13-2013, 03:46 AM
That's awesome news BP!

bacpacker
04-25-2013, 10:51 PM
We got an update from the Dr and PT today. This was her 2 week post op visit. The Dr had been following her progress with the PT and while she is not exactly where he would like her to be, he is happy and confident that she will have a full recovery. She also got to remove the pillow from the sling which should lead to a better chance at sleep. in 4 more weeks she should be coming out of the sling totally. But at that point she will still be very restricted in what she can do and will still have a lot of PT left to do.

The PT took measurements of the range she has achieved from the exercises she has been doing. She has made progress in the degree of movement she can make each time she has visited. They told her today that she can cut back the visits to once a week if she keeps up PT at home. That will be a huge time and money savings for us.

I was half way expecting the Dr to give her a small butt shewing. After surgery she tried taking the pain meds as perscribed and that just wasn't working. She spent the day after surgery puking her guts out. so she cut way back on the meds and spent the next several days in so much pain she wasn't able to do the number of exercises she was suppose to. The pain meds also messed up her stomach so much it was keeping her from eating due to the pain and the less food the less the meds. Just a viscious cycle. She finally got to feeling better last Saturday and has been eating pretty good since then and other than not sleeping well and still having moderate pain, she is pretty much back to herself.

We really apprecieate everyone praying for us. It has meant a lot. Thank you all.

eagle326
04-25-2013, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the update B.P.
Just keep taking care of that Southern Belle as I know you're doing and she'll have her Bossie back on in no time. ;)

bacpacker
04-26-2013, 12:45 AM
Now Eagle, she never lost her Bossie! May even have made her a little meaner.

:)

Stormfeather
04-26-2013, 04:32 AM
Thanks for all the prayers. Surgery was successful and she is now home.

Awesome news! Glad to hear shes doing good!

Katrina
04-26-2013, 04:50 AM
Good to hear she is recovering Prayers still going out

Willie51
04-26-2013, 01:35 PM
Good news BP. Glad to hear she is doing so good.

eagle326
04-26-2013, 02:39 PM
Now Eagle, she never lost her Bossie! May even have made her a little meaner.

:)

Ouch!!! B.P. ; Nothing worst than a southern women with an attitude when she's in pain. Hoping you got your Med. pack close to you. ;)

bacpacker
04-26-2013, 07:13 PM
Keepin one handy. Nah I cant complain. I know shes hurtin and not a damn thing I can do for her.

Evolver
04-26-2013, 11:13 PM
My Grandpa use to say... The only thing thats good for pain is... nothing... and if you the more nothing you take the faster you'll feel nothing.

I do agree with his old ways but I also believe in modern medicine and a dose of an "Inti-inflammatory" is a tad better than nothing. :)

Domeguy
04-27-2013, 07:28 AM
I just caught this thread, and I am glad Mrs. backpacker is doing better.
Now I mean this seriously. I just live I'm guessing 3-4 hours drive away. I am retired with not much to do, and Ive got a lot of free time on my hands. If you need any help with anything, at any time, just give me a call, and I can hit the road in a few minutes. I mean it, if we are supposed to be a close knit family, lets be one. I can PM you with my phone number if you would like it.
And again, I am glad she is doing well.

bacpacker
04-28-2013, 10:31 PM
DG, Thanks for the offer. That's very nice of you and much apprecieated.

After this past Thursday the number of trips she needs to make are going to be much less, coming up. She has a couple of friends that are close by and retired that have been helping out where I can't get off work. I would hate to have you drive 4 hours to come up here if we can manage it. I will certainly keep the offer in mind if we see we're going to get in a bind over something. again such a nice offer. THANK YOU!

Taz Baby
07-15-2013, 05:30 PM
I was just told that my Son In Law is having surgery today at noon for for his lung. He has blebs/ blisters on his lungs that they say he was born with it. The left one collapsed on him 2 years ago and they went in and scraped it to make it stick to his chest wall. They found out the right lung also had blebs in Jan and have been seeing Dr ever since but it partially collapsed in him yesterday. Still unsure of long term/future treatments or outlook. Please pray for him and the family as they really need it. Last time he got an infection afterwards from the Hospital and almost died. Thank You in advance.

bacpacker
07-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Prayers on the way Taz.

Just a short update on the wife. She went to the Dr Thursday and he is pleased with her progress. Seems everything is healing well. She has started on weight therapy now (mostly isometrics) to build back the strength in her arm. That will mostly be done at home so just a handful of PT trips left. YEA! I want to thank you all for the prayers. Hopefully life gets back to near normal soon and we can get caught back up and get to prepping again.

Taz Baby
07-15-2013, 07:07 PM
Glad to hear that BP. Just remember that because she is at Home doing those, doesn't mean she can cheat on them, lol.

bacpacker
07-15-2013, 09:37 PM
No I keep on her if she lets up. But she has been good about doing the. Since she wants full use back.

Katrina
07-15-2013, 10:32 PM
Glad to hear she is recovering Still praying for good fortune
Taz,
Sorry to hear about son,I sincerely hope that he is doing better. Many prayers are being sent up for all to be in good health.
Got word late last night that son2's best friends(we call him son two and a half) brother in law passed. He had extremely virilent form of leukemia, only in his late thirties.Leaves wife and three little ones under age of 8.Please pray for them.

Taz Baby
07-16-2013, 12:14 AM
Update on son in law, Surgery did not go as planned they had to open him up. Blister was bigger than expected. He is in ICU and it is not good at this time. Our ant family is needing prayers everywhere so I will give one.

God may you hold each and everyone of our ant families love ones in your hands, watch over them in their time of need and it is your will how it all turns out. Please Lord give us all the strength that we need to get through what it is that we all are going through. Lord I pray for peace at this time because of the uproar of hatred in peoples hearts that is eating at them to cause them to wish ill will on others. I pray that you will take that evil away and replace it with peace or at least an open door that those people can see is a peaceful answer to their hatred. God I thank You for watching over us and holding us in your heart I praise your name lord, AMEN.

bacpacker
07-16-2013, 01:20 AM
Amen

Taz Baby
07-16-2013, 01:42 PM
update on son in law. Just found out that the Drs. opened him up through his back not his chest like you would think to get to his lungs. They can not get the pain under control and the morphine is not working at all. Please continue to pray for my Daughter and her family. Thanks

Katrina
07-16-2013, 02:17 PM
As always we're praying for your family

bacpacker
07-16-2013, 03:15 PM
Prayers contiue

4suchatimeasthis
07-16-2013, 06:17 PM
Praying.....

ladyhk13
07-17-2013, 03:25 AM
Prayers sent Taz...keep us updated.

Taz Baby
07-24-2013, 02:46 AM
Thank you everyone for the prayers you said for my daughter and her husband. Prayers really do work. He is home with his family and although he is still hurting while healing, he is going to be just fine. The only thing left is to find out why this keeps happening to him. This ant family is the greatest family a person can have, and I am blessed by having you all.

ladyhk13
07-24-2013, 02:55 AM
You know we're always here for you and even just a phone call away Twin.