PDA

View Full Version : Needing info on steel building roll over doors

Taz Baby
04-09-2013, 01:54 AM
Hey I am needing help here from all of you. We have one of those Quonset hut metal building and they didn't come with the doors. BIL is wanting one of those garage roll up chain operating doors. Not the roll OVER kind. Does anyone have an idea what company we might could get one from? It has to have a flat tight seal and reflect the water away from the floor and door, not run under the door. Thanks everyone in advance.

ak474u
04-09-2013, 04:17 AM
I would think lots of companies have them. You may want to check with "Overhead Door" company and see what they have

bacpacker
04-09-2013, 09:51 AM
I agree with AK. Overhead door Co does tons of them and alot are commercial grade. They've been around for years.

Sniper-T
04-09-2013, 11:26 PM
the door seal is pretty much irrelevant in keeping water out. you need to make sure the ground is graded away from the building to keep water from getting close. If the floor is lower than surrouning, you're pooched. a sill beam can be added for the door to mate to, and give you some added inches to dam the water out. Think of a speed bump (or speed hump for Evolver) right across the threshold.

and x another one on overhead door. they're even big up here!