PDA

View Full Version : New here, a little introduction

HighSpeedLowDrag
06-16-2011, 06:38 PM
Greetings,

Found this forum while doing Google searches for FO shelters and i like what i see.

A little about me: Since I could remember being prepared for worse case scenarios has been a part of me (maybe I grew up watching too many post-apocalyptic movies as a kid in the 80s). Example, At age 8 I was practicing throwing my mothers kitchen knives at palm trees in the back yard because I wanted to be well rounded (which then my mother & father taught me how to take a beating :D ). I received basic combat training from the US Army and through a sponsorship program in Laredo, TX I was able to go through the police academy where I learned some tactics that aren't usually taught to regular cadets, unfortunately I have a color depiction problem so I could not go combat arms in the military (all I wanted to do with my life) nor could I pursue a serious law enforcement carrier (i.e. SWAT). I'm now pursuing a masters as a physician assistant. I do my best to stay prepped mentally and physically for any situation. I look forward to having some solid discussions with like minded individuals about when SHTF.

RedJohn
06-16-2011, 07:12 PM
Hey welcome here. Tag and free premium on its way.

The Stig
06-16-2011, 07:48 PM
Welcome aboard HSLD. Look forward to seeing your contributions.

Thanks for deciding to spend time with us.

bacpacker
06-16-2011, 09:54 PM
Welcome in HSLD. Some good folks on here. Lots of information flowing as well. can't wait to read what you have to contribute.

piranha2
06-22-2011, 11:47 PM
welcome, my friend.