PDA

View Full Version : Ham License Study book Pass around

2die4
04-26-2013, 01:51 AM
I am currently studying for the Technician exam to get my Ham radio License and will be taking the General exam the same day. I'm hoping I can achieve both licenses.

I have been studying out of the ARRL Ham Radio License Manual Level 1 Technician book. Real easy to read and understand, but still do some of your online research and take the practice exams.

I am going to offer this book up ($30.00 at Barnes&Noble) to a colony member that plans to take the their test around June/July time frame providing I pass next month. I got the book because I like to study from hard copies. I study better from them. I'm sure there are others like me hence why I'm offering this up.

My intent is to get more Ham operators on the network and to save people some money that they could use for another prepping item.

I will pay the shipping to you. All you have to do is come back to this thread and offer it back up to the next Colony member who wants to take the test.

All I ask:

1. Be serious about taking the test. Don't hog the book for 6 months
2. Pay for the shipping to the next member that wants to study up and take the test.

First person who wants the book, post!

Willie51
04-26-2013, 02:08 AM
2Die4, That's very generous and a great idea. I have the same AARL Tech book with CD practice exam, and Tech Book by Gordon West and I too will share these books and offer the same deal in case you get more than one taker. It would be nice to get more people involved in HAM Radio. Once yours is gone, please advise and whoever needs mine can PM me and I will send out.

2die4
04-26-2013, 03:30 AM
Great! Ill let you know.

Willie51
04-26-2013, 01:33 PM
Great! Ill let you know.

Awesome! Didn't want to rain on your parade, but just in case more than one jumped on your offer and the next person did not want to wait. Mine has just been sitting around collecting dust. The General book and test is totally different than the Tech.

idahobob
04-26-2013, 01:46 PM
O.K.

I'll take you up on your offer!

Bob
III

2die4
04-26-2013, 09:43 PM
Great. You're first in line.

Willie51
04-27-2013, 03:15 AM
NEXT?

2die4
05-20-2013, 07:52 PM
Well I didn't pass. With work I just didn't get to study long enough. No big deal but with training exercises coming up this summer I wont be able to retake until August-September time frame. Until then we will have one book floating around courtesy of Willie51. Get your names in!