PDA

View Full Version : 7 more sleeps

Sniper-T
05-02-2013, 09:04 PM
They are opening a new Cabelas here next week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glYpBPAfYSs

I've got a VIP invite 2 days before opening, and employee pricing. I'm hoping there will be some decent prices to be had!

:cool:

ElevenBravo
05-02-2013, 09:07 PM
We have a Gander Mountain, but IMHO its not all that...

Now, on the other hand... my local Sportsmans Warehouse is my party central!

EB

mitunnelrat
05-02-2013, 09:07 PM
Niiiice.

Stormfeather
05-02-2013, 09:14 PM
We have a Gander Mtn here, it was the 2nd location to get a Gander Mtn Academy. I was the head instructor there, and let me tell you, with my employee discount, in-store purchases werent worth it at all, I was still paying local retail pricing!

mitunnelrat
05-02-2013, 09:36 PM
It was the same as an employee here too. The only saving grace was finding some mis priced Remington Golden Sabers, they were priced well below retail with my discount so I scooped them up.

Oh yeah, employee appreciation days were nice too. I got a good price on my 92 that way.

Sniper-T
05-02-2013, 09:39 PM
I've been to a few 'employee days' at their old store (POS hole in the wall), and the best deals are on the 'Cabelas' brand stuff. usually around 40%. Most other things were 10-15%. They do however put about 100 other things on for 60-75%, but don't tell anyone what they are. If you happen to buy it, you get a nice surprise at the till.

bacpacker
05-02-2013, 11:22 PM
Very Cool. I wish we had one here. I've been to the one in Mi and liked it. Around here we just have Gouger Mtn, Academy Sports, Bass Pro Shop, and Dick's. They are all way over priced.

Evolver
05-04-2013, 12:19 AM
It was the same as an employee here too. The only saving grace was finding some mis priced Remington Golden Sabers, they were priced well below retail with my discount so I scooped them up.

Oh yeah, employee appreciation days were nice too. I got a good price on my 92 that way.

I like your brand of choice! :p

If you need to find Sniper on that day you'll find him perched atop the fish tank with rod in hand or... If he's not there... just follow the drool droplets to the Gun Library. (Wink)

Domeguy
05-04-2013, 03:02 AM
Oh yeah.....well......we have a Dollar General store.

mitunnelrat
05-04-2013, 03:37 AM
[QUOTE=Evolver;60761]I like your brand of choice! :p

QUOTE]

Its been a good pistol. I was crying recently about the safety, but that was a training issue. I may get something new yet, but in the mean time I'm working on some necessary changes to run it more effectively.

Sniper-T
05-07-2013, 12:48 AM
Whew! What a crowded store! I thought it was tomorrow, but it was today (good thing I checked my ticket).

I picked up one of those Bradley pellet digital smokers, a layout blind for goose hunting, a new Henckles Steel, some pellets, seasonings, cures, etc. plus a misc of other things. In total, I used up all the gift cards I had kicking around, got a thousand bucks worth of stuff saved 400, carded 250, and paid 350 out of pocket.

All in all, I'm a happy guy.

rentprop1
05-07-2013, 04:25 AM
Sniper, how were they fixed for ammo ??

my sister got a job at the new store that opened about a month or so ago in Columbus OH and said they only had limited ammo and no p-mags

Sniper-T
05-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Every shelf was packed to the top. Every caliber, every brand. There wasn't any great deals on ammo, so I didn't buy any, but I window shopped a bunch, and there wasn't a single caliber that I knew of that wasn't well represented (en masse). Including pallets of mil surp .223, 7.62x39, 7.62x54.

It was truly a happy place!