PDA

View Full Version : Video of possible scenario

bacpacker
05-09-2013, 01:03 AM
I ran across this video on another site. While I don't really agree with all the topics they hit on, I can see a lot of the points they make. I will be using this to look at holes in my plans that could be exploited in this way.

I would like to hear folks thoughts on this, esp from a Veterans standpoint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DOo9bjLtL3Q

izzyscout21
05-17-2013, 07:52 PM
Thats very interesting. Makes one think

ElevenBravo
05-17-2013, 09:50 PM
MZB et all...

Security and defense is as critical as hunting and gathering.

EB

bacpacker
05-17-2013, 09:51 PM
Yeah, it brought up some things I really hadn't gave any thought to. Not sure yet how to deal with it should those scenario's come to pass here, espically with limited manpower.

The Stig
05-22-2013, 01:10 PM
While we are in no way advocating militia like activities, having a good network of people to increase your available manpower is prudent.

ElevenBravo
05-22-2013, 08:30 PM
While we are in no way advocating militia like activities
Well, there is nothing illegal about that, and I support the effort of any such group, as long as they are a legitimate militia, not a bunch of drunk rednecks looking for trouble.

EB

- - - Updated - - -

things I really hadn't gave any thought to

You need to read Lights Out and One Second After, Patriot is a good read too... Its a story, BUT.. they are chocked full of food for thought bro!!

PM me your email if you need ...
EB

mitunnelrat
05-22-2013, 10:43 PM
EB. I believe The Stig brought that up as a qualifier to his statement because militia's are one of those topics we just don't get in to here, like politics. Discussion of either seems to invite extremism and discord to forums, hence the policy.

ElevenBravo
05-22-2013, 11:14 PM
Gotcha...

EB

bacpacker
05-22-2013, 11:21 PM
I have read One Second After, good read and brings forth many points to ponder. Lights out is on the short list of reading to come.

I realize numbers make a huge difference in situations like these. The thing about it is having enough to secure a area and still being able to do the day to day things that will require getting completed. Just many things to figure out as I know all of you are well aware of.

helomech
05-23-2013, 03:11 AM
EB. I believe The Stig brought that up as a qualifier to his statement because militia's are one of those topics we just don't get in to here, like politics. Discussion of either seems to invite extremism and discord to forums, hence the policy.

It is pretty sad that milita's are thought to be extremism. They are what this country was founded on, in fact all of us between certain ages are part of the militia.

It really IMO seems un American to think of militias as a bad thing. Had it not been for militias we would be servants of the king.

The Stig
05-23-2013, 01:20 PM
When we first started the forum one of the images we wanted to avoid was that preppers were all wannabe ninja warriors who'd run to their spider-hole in the mountains at the first sniff of trouble.

Further, we wanted to avoid any correlation to slack-jawed hillblly rednecks who'd occasionally blast SKS's at old cars in the watermelon patch and then call themselves "militia".

I have no problems with the concept of a true militia.

I have huge problems with what I described above.

Hope this clears things up.

Vodin
05-23-2013, 11:46 PM
My first thought was wow. Upon further contemplation it comes to having a larger group. And to achieve that I need to make more neighbors friends. I live in suburbia so it will need to be done in a method that doesn't upset that person.

When I first became a member here it was to become part of a group of like minded people. Learning new things was secondary. I have learned many things but I still lack the initial desire.

This video was an eye opener for me.

David Armstrong
05-24-2013, 03:33 PM
My basic comment, after watching the video, is that it is not likely as presented. Some interesting thoughts, yes, but generally history has shown us small independent groups that are capable of performing the types of disciplined and organized attacks presented generally are too disciplined and organized to do those types of attacks. Not to say there aren't bad people out there that will do bad things, but usually the same lack of moral fiber and self-control that will lead to that behavior prevents the type of training and discipline needed for that activity. The most common exception is within a large group where the behavior can become institutionalized and allows for neutralization of the normal behavior restrictions (lynch mob/rioters).

Stormfeather
05-28-2013, 08:43 PM
I am going to have to disagree with some of you guys here. There are plenty of people out there who have these tactical skillsets and I am sure more than willing to use them in a WROL event. It only take 2-3 people with those skillsets to teach a few friends those skills, and then you have a squad sized group with tactical training. Hypothetically, what happens when the guys with the skills that taught them to their friends, become casualties? Then the group now has the skill set, and not necessarily the moral compass to follow. Those people now have to fend for themselves, what do you think is going to happen? Another aspect to look at, and its downright scary when you think about it. Airsoft teams. They learn and train tactics on a regular basis, employment, deployment, ambushes, all that good stuff. Now take those same guys, give them real guns, and what do you have? A proficient tactical fighting unit that has a knowledgeable mindset, has trained together and knows each others moves without verbal communication, and the ability to pull a trigger. Take those same guys and deprive them of food, and rules, and where do you see the next logical step will be? Using what they know to survive. Its a short step from law abiding citizen, to parent of a starving child. If placed in that situation, I know what would do to feed my children.

- - - Updated - - -

Counting Scales (http://www.primescales.com/store/industrial-scales/counting-scales/)

I dont get it. . what does this have to do with the conversation?

mitunnelrat
05-29-2013, 09:18 PM
On your update - Not a damn thing, its spam. I just can't handle it from tapatalk, so I notified the rest of the staff and someone should have it removed shortly.

As for the rest of your points, I have to agree. The airsoft observation especially hit home because I've already met a good part of one team with a skewed moral compass.

izzyscout21
05-29-2013, 09:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gqShQTSDCM

izzyscout21
05-29-2013, 09:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmJigJFwayw