PDA

View Full Version : One year in hell…surviving a full shtf collapse in bosnia

Richarddbeck
05-14-2013, 03:21 AM
I just came across this story. If you haven't read this yet it's a must for preppers. It's a story of a been there done that survivor.

http://silverdoctors.com/one-year-in-hellsurviving-a-full-shtf-collapse-in-bosnia/

prepguide
05-15-2013, 12:15 PM
A really good, real world experience. Much to learn from that. Thanks for sharing that with us.

ElevenBravo
05-15-2013, 09:50 PM
Its a "good read", nothing there any seasoned prepper/survivalist couldn't already think up on there own.

Honestly, I think it was a made up story to encourage the purchase of silver from there website, or "one of there advertisers".

EB

Evolver
05-19-2013, 02:06 PM
Two years ago(2011) I watched his story unfold on a forum board that I was visiting. The guy (Selco) was a member to the site and was literally bombarded with questions from other members and was praised for him sharing his story and his willingness to try to answer each and every question.

No made up story here, it did go viral and ended up in many places.

He even posted before, during and after photos of the town that him and his family survived.

ElevenBravo
05-19-2013, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the follow up E, the name wasnt mentioned, or I missed it... at any rate a little Google Fu brought some level of validation to the OP link.

https://www.google.com/search?q=selco+balkan&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

TU,
EB

Willie51
05-20-2013, 02:50 AM
Evolver is correct and I saw it too around the same time on another forum.

Evolver
05-20-2013, 10:52 PM
Your welcome EB. There is so much BS out there I understand why you thought the way that you did. :)

The Stig
05-31-2013, 04:52 PM
We removed all the doors, the window frames from abandoned houses, ripped up the floors and burned the furniture for heat.

So in today's "modern" houses with the proliferation of plastic, synthetic wood, concrete floors, damn-near cardboard doors what, inside the home, could be burnt for heat?

It does not matter what will happen: an earthquake, a war, a tsunami, aliens, terrorists, economic collapse, uprising. The important part is that something will happen.

AMEN!

Lighters were precious.

Noted

Items and supplies will inevitably run out, but your skills will keep you fed.

Amen....we talk about this a lot here. Let's keep focused on it.

We usually collected rainwater into four large barrels and then boiled it. There was a small river, but the water in it became very dirty very fast.

This is a great point, especially for anybody near a city.

The windows were blocked — some with sandbags

Do you have sandbags in supply?

I think defense is very important, but it must be carried out unobtrusively. If you are in a city and SHTF comes, you need a simple, non-flashy place, with lots of guns and ammo.

How much ammo? As much as possible.

Make your house as unattractive as you can.

Hide in plain sight?

Hygiene is very important, as well as having as much medicine as possible — especially antibiotics.

Sobering thought.

-------------------

Folks, this article is awesome. We should be studying it, pulling out the nuggets and discussing deeper. There is a lot to be learned here.

Stormfeather
05-31-2013, 06:58 PM
I kept up with Selco's story on FalFiles ( I think that was where it was when it first came out) and found it a hell of a read.