PDA

View Full Version : First Crop in!

David Armstrong
05-24-2013, 03:22 PM
Got to pick the first tomotoes of the season today, a Sweet Grape and a Sir Speedy. Corn is tasselling well, peppers are growing big and the strawberries are really coming on. Looks like a good crop here in SW Louisiana.

On the down side, my Father in Oklahoma is currently having to plant for the 3rd time.....weather has wiped him out twice already.

bacpacker
05-24-2013, 04:18 PM
Sounds like you are doing well. Sorry to hear aborut your dads. I hate having to replant if its not a succession crap.

Stormfeather
05-27-2013, 03:51 AM
Havent even had a tomato yet. . .still waiting for it to stop raining here so we can plant!

mitunnelrat
05-29-2013, 09:13 PM
Same here. Between that and the frost over a couple nights I'm kinda happy I haven't filled our containers yet. Only potatoes so far, and they're holding up pretty well.

Stormfeather
05-30-2013, 12:25 AM
Got flowers on our tomato plants. . . its a start!

LUNCHBOX
05-30-2013, 03:40 AM
My plants are blooming as well. Looking forward to just walking out and pulling right from the plant.

David Armstrong
05-31-2013, 03:19 PM
Just a FWIW, the early producer is a new variety for me, called Sir Speedy. I'll be planting a few more of them next year, as they have come along and produced well ahead of the others. I think I'll be picking corn around June 10!

Taz Baby
06-01-2013, 02:00 AM
I have planted a container garden again this year due to no place for a real garden. But everything is growing on schedule and looking good.

bacpacker
06-01-2013, 03:09 AM
I picked close to a gallpn of cherries tonight. Got our first bluebery and mulberry as well. The wife is growing several strawberry plants in a big metal tub on our deck. Shes been picking a handful about every day this week.

ladyhk13
07-08-2013, 05:02 AM
Got our first black zucchini this week. Pulled some of the garlic up and it's drying. Need to get the rest out but have been out of commission the last almost 3 weeks with shoulder surgery so haven't gotten much done. I get the staples out on Tuesday so hopefully I'll feel more like getting out there and using both arms. Potatoes and sweet potatoes are growing well, all the peppers and tomatoes are doing well in the containers but I've been a little worried due to so much rain this past week. Hoping the stuff won't rot! The apples are a mess. We have so many that are already ripe but all the water has rotted much of them and now the June Bugs are here and eating everything in sight. Makes me crazy.