PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think about Ben Bernanke's press conference yesterday 6-19-2013

Richarddbeck
06-20-2013, 03:27 PM
I did capture the entire press conference on video but my computer blue screened and I lost it. Sorry I don't have it for those of you who didn't see it. It may be available on the web I just having found it yet. Did anybody watch it? What do you think? Anything jump out as alarming or was it just business as usual?

bacpacker
06-20-2013, 05:24 PM
I didn't see most of it. But what I did was Pretty much SSED (same shit every day) as usual. It did get the market to spike down 200 points though.

bacpacker
06-20-2013, 11:03 PM
The past month has had big run ups in the market and a lot of big players have been pulling their funds out. Just in time for Bernake talking about pulling the rug out and over two days the market loses 550+ points. I expect that to continue for a while longer.

prepguide
06-21-2013, 12:09 PM
Agree with BP, I think we'll the market trend downward for a while yet though it may be as dramatic as the previous two days trading. I used an analogy in a conversation about the situation likening the Dow to a hot air balloon, the guy in the basket just announced that he was turning off the fuel to the burners. IMO QE4 is all that is keeping the so called market gains going and with the announcement that it is coming to and end the market reacts appropriately. See what precious metals did yesterday? Gold down over 73 dollars an ounce, got preps?

Stg1swret
06-21-2013, 12:33 PM
Don't look at just what Bernake had to say, but what else is going on. Sure the market is going down, intrest rates are going to climb and The "Affordable Care Act is going to kick in big time in October or there abouts. It is going to get real bumpy for awhile. The Fed has printed enough money to make the dollar almost useless. The fat cats on wall street knew it was coming, and they got theirs, the little guy is going to take a pounding from both sides. It is pretty much business as usual for those with connections.

The only one who can look out for you is you. Plan accordingly.