PDA

View Full Version : Repurposing as a survival jacket

Possom
06-21-2013, 01:37 PM
I have been going through my shtf set up and inventorying my gear and checking that everything is still in order. It occurred to me that my jacket as part of my gear isnt used year round but is a very important part of my bug out gear.

i have been a coon hunter ever since I was a kid, been through every briar patch in the tristate area I would say. I used to always see people wearing these ugly OD green jackets and bib overalls. Never understood why they would want to wear them. That is until I got one myself. Nitelite inc makes them and mine is now part of my survival gear since i no longer coon hunt. I just want to pass on a great survival jacket that isnt marketed as survival gear that I have field tested through some pretty rough country. I have the 3 season coat with a zip in liner and more pockets then you will ever use. Also has a game bag on the back of it which comes in handy for carrying just about anything. It is as waterproof as my goretex and as warm as any Columbia jacket I have ever worn. It isn't the most fashionable jacket in the world but it really gets the job done. It will not rip on snags or brush, briars and thorns won't stick through it. I have put mine through hell and it still looks brand new.

http://www.huntsmart.com/Nite-Lite-Outdoor-Gear-3-Season-Deluxe-Coat

Dropy
06-21-2013, 02:03 PM
I like that coat. good idea. AMd it doesn't scream Prepper.

bacpacker
06-21-2013, 09:58 PM
Good looking coat.The removable liner is a huge plus in my mind.

sigma pete
06-22-2013, 03:58 AM
Is the exterior finish noisy when it rubs against brush? Is it as shiny as it looks in their stock photos?

ElevenBravo
06-22-2013, 05:14 PM
I like, I saved the URL of NL since theres a few products there Id like to have...

EB

Sniper-T
06-22-2013, 09:42 PM
I like it too.

Possom
06-22-2013, 11:51 PM
Is the exterior finish noisy when it rubs against brush? Is it as shiny as it looks in their stock photos?

They are scratchy and noisy until you brake them in good. A few trips through the washing machine should soften them up quite a bit.Mine doesn't make any noise at all. Mine is a dull OD green. Not shiny at all. Even new I wouldn't say it stood out in the woods.