PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered a chemical toilet

ElevenBravo
06-26-2013, 02:21 AM
I think its the Thetford 209b... anywho... Just ordered my first chemical toilet... and some chemicals.

I honestly think this is a big necessity... Sanitation is high on the priority list.

Ive researched and found, so far.. the Thetford brand is hands down the best investment, so I got the 2.5gal/2.5gal model advertised good for 27 flushes... partly for price, partly for WEIGHT. 2.5 gal of water is about 25 pounds... After a few flushes it time to empty tank and freshen up.

I also ordered a privacy tent that pops up... will double doody (pun intended) as shitter tent and shower tent.

I *ALMOST* bought a Coleman hot water on demand, but... I think after reading the reviews Ill just heat my BIG ammo can on a Coleman stove for 30 minutes and have 10 gallons of HOT water for a BIG shower using my Zodi shower unit.. The one I have is JUST the shower pump... no heater.

So, me and the daughter will enjoy camping a LOT more.... and they are GREAT emergency preps too!!!

EB

mercury
07-24-2013, 01:28 PM
I know there is a good reason, but: why a chemical toilet instead of an outhouse for home, or a latrine for camping?

The Stig
07-27-2013, 12:00 AM
Cool stuff.

When you say "good for 27 flushes" does that mean after 27 flushes you need to clean it out....or that after 27 flushes it's done?

Gunfixr
07-27-2013, 12:53 AM
I couldn't find a 209b, but did find Thetford.
I don't have one of these, but do have one of the ones that use the bag with the powder in it. Of course, you could use any bag that fits.
The powder bags do work, good for 3 to 5 uses, "depending".
Used it while I redid the bathroom floor earlier this year, had our bathroom down for about 4 days. Got 4 people here. Set it up out in the lean-to built against the shed, which got it outside, but with privacy.

Daca102090
07-30-2013, 03:32 AM
I think he is referring to a recirculating toilet.

These use around 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 gallons of water and a little of the blue deodorant for trailer waste tanks.
These allow you to go for a few days of toilet use (YMMV) before dumping the waste into a tank or septic tank.
This allows you to minimize water usage while maintaining sanitary standards and controlling smell.

A dozen years back I bought an older well used camper that had one of these in it and have salvaged that toilet in case of future developments.