PDA

View Full Version : Prevent Burgleries

Sniper-T
06-28-2013, 09:48 PM
Mostly common sense, but a good reminder

https://www.flsheriffs.org/uploads/Home%20Burglary.pdf

Katrina
06-28-2013, 10:52 PM
Good list.One thing we do is put a 1x1 in the track of the sliding door. That way a burgler won't be able to lift the door and open it even if you've locked the door. That's how we got broken into when I was younger. The thieves came in thru the slider by lifting it out of the track and sliding it open

ak474u
06-29-2013, 02:12 PM
I just installed door jamb armor because we locked ourselves out in the early morning at our new house, and it took me ONE barefooted light kick to open the back door. It took 15 minutes to install not counting the repair of the door frame resulting from being kicked open, and its very strong now.

helomech
06-29-2013, 03:02 PM
I really can't remember the last time I locked my house. Someone is almost always home though, and even when no one is home we have the 3 large dogs, and a gate that is a half mile from my house. It is always locked. So someone would have to break down the gate or walk in, and the dogs would greet them. We also do have cameras on the drive way.

robsdak
06-30-2013, 02:24 AM
Ditto. on not locking the house. when i moved from the last house, i replaced the front door locks, i LOST the key!!!! : ) the new house, someone is always around.

just a note of caution to a would be burglar - just remember, no vehicles in the driveway doesn't mean no one is home and an armed society is a polite one. LOL