PDA

View Full Version : Preps paid off

2die4
07-07-2013, 04:00 AM
I was with the General this evening waiting on a fireworks show at our local park. As we sitting there, my wife said the bugs were getting out of hand and so I reached into my GHB and pulled out some mosquito coil and lit it off. A few minutes later she dropped something I lit up the whole area with my flashlight and retrieved her item. I did a couple of more things that required items not normally carried. After the event was over she tells me, "I knew you had stuff stashed away everywhere but I didn't know you were THAT macgyver'd out!" Definitely made me smile.

Anybody else come across a situation and said "Damn! I'm glad I had that!"?

ElevenBravo
07-07-2013, 07:03 AM
bug coil.. HAHA! We used them a bit when I was a grunt, they work pretty good! Your story is funny but theres a point to it too.

EB

bacpacker
07-07-2013, 03:46 PM
I can't count the times I have used my knife or flashlight that are EDC items.

Echo2
07-07-2013, 04:03 PM
I can't count the times I have used my knife or flashlight that are EDC items.

This +1000

This is why we not only prep....but EDC certain items....:)

ElevenBravo
07-07-2013, 08:17 PM
but EDC certain items....:)

Like pocket knives and a .380 ... Reminds me, I need to rang out my Bodyguard, yet to shoot it... WTH!

EB

Katrina
07-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Don't know if this is silly but I carry screwdriver set,small jack knife and sewing kit in my purse at all times.Get teased about it a lot but when I'm at work,I'm Mrs macgyer to everyone.They really hate it when I'm not there'cause I'm the one that fixes the printers and copier when they go down. Just the minor stuff mind you but If I can figure it out and fix it,we don't have to wait on the repair guy to come and do it.Our copiers and printers get quite a work out even with the "paperless" society we're supposedly in.

Possom
07-08-2013, 03:26 PM
That's not silly at all. Although I am always surprised at what women carry in their purses. Every medication known to man, 5,000 band aids, enough snacks to feed the population of Poland for a week, 3 cans of bug spray, enough hair ties to circle the moon, 3 brushes 2 combs and a pick, and that is just in one compartment.

RedJohn
07-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Reminds me, I need to rang out my Bodyguard, yet to shoot it... WTH!

Me too. It is in a bank vault somewhere in Florida. Don't tell them though. I love this small semi-auto pistol.

RedJohn
07-08-2013, 03:40 PM
"I knew you had stuff stashed away everywhere but I didn't know you were THAT macgyver'd out!" Definitely made me smile.

Nice. She'll be even more supportive now than before.

robsdak
07-08-2013, 05:28 PM
been said, 'that's why we EDC'. : ) i do it all the time without even paying attention to it. bug spray, gerber multi tool, hatchet (carry on the truck) paracord, pocket knife.