PDA

View Full Version : The value of barter - I scored !

prepguide
07-12-2013, 08:51 PM
As you may know I operate a preparedness consulting business. I was contacted by a small group asking if I would be willing to be the primary speaker at a small community event discussing the need to be better prepared. I was interested, I've done similar presentations before so didn't think it would be any problem. The group couldn't pay me per se but asked if I would be willing to do it for trade. I said I would be willing to listen, sure.

Turns out they had put together a collection of food (nearly a months worth for me) including a large number of current shelf stable milk quarts so I said yes indeed!

Its a small town (pop. 220) about 25 miles from me so not far out of my way at all and I will hopefully be able to help some people. All in all a good day!!

Just wanted to share that.

ElevenBravo
07-12-2013, 08:57 PM
You got paid, just not in communist cash! Good score, keep being a soldier for preparedness!

EB

Stormfeather
07-12-2013, 09:12 PM
Thats awesome! Ive done the same thing when I teach CCW classes, If they cant pay, I will usually take a form of Barter, works out great so far!

bacpacker
07-12-2013, 11:56 PM
Great work PG. You just can't beat a trade like that. Hopefully the group will pay close attention and put your information into action.

Katrina
07-13-2013, 01:13 AM
Great score, I also hope they put your teachings to good use.

Echo2
07-13-2013, 01:24 AM
Outstanding!!!