PDA

View Full Version : Hit close to home

Possom
07-13-2013, 05:34 PM
My wife's great uncle (71 year old) went missing on the 9th. His grand daughter (14 year old) was in the house sleeping. He was out watering his garden and just disappeared. His truck was missing as well. He has diabetes and other health issues. He was reported missing and a search was started that night. He lived in a small town of about 1,000 people but is located close to a town of 50,000.

Yesterday they found some papers and personal items out of dans truck in a wooded area outside of his town. No sign of Dan or his truck but the sheriffs office put out a statement saying foul play was suspected but they had no persons of interest in the case.

Found out today that Dan's truck was found in another town about 60 miles away. It had been burned.

Search and rescue returned to where the personal items had been found and widened their search. They found dans body shortly there after. He had been thrown off a bluff and left. It is unclear if he was alive or dead when his body was thrown down there.

The way I understand it is police have 2 people in custody and are searching for two more.

You never know when something like this can happen. Be vigilant. There is always someone out there looking for trouble. Be aware of what is taking place around you. It doesn't pay to be trusting of people anymore.

ladyhk13
07-13-2013, 06:54 PM
I am so sorry this has happened to your family. No one is prepared for such a horror to hit home. We can prepare for a natural, economic and financial disaster but how do you prepare for something like this? There just isn't a way. My prayers are with you and yours and I hope that the court system does you justice and although it will not bring Dan back to you maybe it will bring knowledge that these thugs will never do this to another family yet again.

herofb
07-13-2013, 08:16 PM
I'm very sorry to hear that happen and my preyers is for your family , for this kind of issues maybe cameras will not avoid the trouble but at least will help to find what happened

prepguide
07-13-2013, 08:29 PM
Thoughts and prayers out to y'all especially the granddaugher who may be feeling guilty because she was home. Obviously it wasn't her fault and if she had tried to intercede she too may have become a victim. There are evil people in this world.

The Stig
07-13-2013, 08:54 PM
Holy crap...that's horrible.

Sorry for the loss and watch your backside.

Possom
07-13-2013, 09:21 PM
Thank you for the condolences.

People sometimes forget that there is evil in this world. Especially those living in small towns. Hopefully people will take a lesson away from this and be a little more watchful. Know what is going on around you.

If people will murder you like that right now, think how it will be when shtf and everyone has to fend for themselves.

4suchatimeasthis
07-13-2013, 10:19 PM
I am sorry to hear of your loss. It boggles the mind, the evil that people are capable of......prayers for you and yours.

bacpacker
07-14-2013, 02:31 AM
Prayers sent Possom. It enrages me to hear stories like this. They have become all too frequent now days. Small towns and low population counties around here tend to get hit with folks running Meth labs, even driving around town making that crap. You just never know what people are thinking.

Possom
07-14-2013, 02:35 AM
Here is a link to the story as it stands right now.

http://www.katv.com/story/22832437/missing-man-found-dead-suspects-in-custody

Katrina
07-14-2013, 03:45 AM
Possom I am so sorry for you.My cousins mother was taken and murdered a few years ago.It just seems to get worse and worse out there.My prayers going out to family.

robsdak
07-14-2013, 05:42 AM
Possum sorry for your family's loss. good thoughts sent. it's a shame people do things like this to one another. and for what reason?

Stormfeather
07-14-2013, 06:23 PM
Possum, Im so sorry to hear of your familys loss, you and yours will be in my familys thoughts.

As mentioned earlier, imagine how horrific this is, and if/when the SHTF, its only going to get worse.

izzyscout21
07-17-2013, 09:15 PM
Possum,

That sucks. I'm sorry for your loss.

eagle326
07-17-2013, 10:04 PM
Possum ; Sorry to read about your loss. You're in our thoughts and hoping you find strength getting thru this ordeal.