PDA

View Full Version : Attempted kidnappings

izzyscout21
07-17-2013, 09:30 PM
Just thought I'd put this out there and solicit some responses.

I live near Muddy Pond, TN, which is a fairly decent size Mennonite community.
It's a very rural area, with 1 main road running through the community.
The other day 2 mennonite girls were almost kidnapped while walking down the road.
They managed to get away, but the fact remains that they narrowly escaped.
The attack happened in broad daylight on the main road.

I think there's a lesson to be learned about situational awareness here.

ElevenBravo
07-18-2013, 12:57 AM
Im telling ya, theres a pervert for every city block! I wont let my daughter out of my sight when we go out, and shes a teenager.

EB

Brownwater Riverrat 13
07-18-2013, 01:12 AM
Holy shit, shit dude I mean was just there with my friend Matt! What's the "atmosphere" out there now. I mean how are the Menonites reacting to the incident? How are the LOE's and locals responding to this?

Possom
07-18-2013, 01:38 AM
It pays to be wary of all people these days. I don't trust anyone anymore. I know that sounds paranoid but it is true. The world has gone crazy.

Glad the girls got away and are alright.

Stormfeather
07-18-2013, 05:46 AM
Im wondering if the perp targeted the Mennonites due to the less possibility of reporting it? Back in Ohio growing up, there was a guy going around raping Amish girls, he would break into the house, rape one or two of the females and leave, this went on apparently for a few months with a pretty fast frequency. The Amish community didnt say anything about it, there was rumors of course, but nobody came forward about it until the guy made the mistake of breaking into a non-amish house. He was greeted by a 12 gauge and kept there til the police arrived. In interrogation, he apparently admitted to having been doing it for quite some time. It took alot of badgering, but in the end, a bunch of Amish folks came forward and admitted that it had been happening in their community. He got life plus a couple times over, ended up getting ass-raped in prison and died there.
Now I know there are fundamental differences between Amish and Mennonites, but they are closely related in culture and religion, so Im wondering how they would react?

izzyscout21
07-18-2013, 01:29 PM
Now I know there are fundamental differences between Amish and Mennonites, but they are closely related in culture and religion, so Im wondering how they would react?

Many of the mennonites that I know personally are packing as much heat as I am.

i had a friend visit recently and we went to the mennonite leather shop and general store. My exact words were "Dont worry about locking the truck. If someone tries to jack it, these guys will shoot them just as fast as I will."

4suchatimeasthis
07-18-2013, 03:41 PM
Call me crazy, but I always assume some sicko nut job is in the vicinity, when I am out and about, especially with my 3 young daughters. If statistics can be believed, 1 out of every 3 girls will be sexually victimized, by either someone they know (more likely), or a stranger. BUT, LEO acknowledge that at least 90% of these incidents go unreported, and the perp is never caught/confronted.

So, mathematically speaking......when you are wandering around Walmart, chances are pretty damn good that there is a sexual offender in the store at that time as well.

Somethin' to make you feel warm and fuzzy.

Just assume someone is out to get you, and yours. Be prepared for it. If you happen to be wrong, hey, you got lucky.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
07-18-2013, 06:07 PM
All the reason for the ol' concealed carry don't you think? As stated above "I don't trust anyone anymore." because of these great people in this country. Keep your daughters in eyesight, earshot, etc. God help them if something happens to them. Nothing more dangerous than a momma bear and her cubs. I'll be on your Jury OK?

Stormfeather
07-19-2013, 12:50 AM
All the reason for the ol' concealed carry don't you think? As stated above "I don't trust anyone anymore." because of these great people in this country. Keep your daughters in eyesight, earshot, etc. God help them if something happens to them. Nothing more dangerous than a momma bear and her cubs. I'll be on your Jury OK?

I would hope I would have a sympathetic ear on the jury after Im done with the guy. . . .The list of charges would read like a Buchenwald Nazi War Crime trial by the time I would be done with them. I would take my time, and ensure that the predator understood the depth of the crime they committed against my child.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
07-19-2013, 01:14 AM
Yes I would be "sympethetic" and yet guilty of "perjury" for I would have to assist you in your efforts. For we would have to combine our techniques. Both us being fathers and having seen and experienced the results left behind in third world countries with let us say..........from certain undesirables.

That is if you don't mind an old Senior Chief as a partner?

izzyscout21
07-19-2013, 02:21 AM
I would hope I would have a sympathetic ear on the jury after Im done with the guy. . . .The list of charges would read like a Buchenwald Nazi War Crime trial by the time I would be done with them. I would take my time, and ensure that the predator understood the depth of the crime they committed against my child.

Yes I would be "sympethetic" and yet guilty of "perjury" for I would have to assist you in your efforts. For we would have to combine our techniques. Both us being fathers and having seen and experienced the results left behind in third world countries with let us say..........from certain undesirables.

a few of you know a few more "in depth" aspects of my past. Needless to say, i was very, very good at that "stuff" i did.

and i have a very vivid imagination.........

if this were to happen to my daughters,

i could make Himmler look like a f***ing choirboy.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
07-19-2013, 02:26 AM
OK we'd better shut up, we're dad's aaaaaaannnd, we're being monitored, DUH. So, What's the word up there Izzy? I mean the general consensus with the community.

izzyscout21
07-19-2013, 02:34 AM
Not heard much else from anyone yet. When i get a chance, i plan on running down there and talking to the ones im friends with.

at least something was said and the parents are being more proactive. These things are usually kept quiet.
Word spread really fast, and even the meth heads here seem to be looking for the perp. Seems like attempted assault of 2 young mennonite girls struck a nerve with almost everyone.

izzyscout21
07-19-2013, 03:16 AM
That reminds me..... I think i need to watch "law abiding citizen" again.....

Stormfeather
07-19-2013, 04:59 AM

I love Senior Chiefs. . they have such. . . . (how can I say this politically correctly?). . . "vivid imaginations" . . .when it comes to the imparting of pain upon a poor soul who may have wronged them. Im sure you know the answer without my having to say it!

Not heard much else from anyone yet. When i get a chance, i plan on running down there and talking to the ones im friends with.

at least something was said and the parents are being more proactive. These things are usually kept quiet.
Word spread really fast, and even the meth heads here seem to be looking for the perp. Seems like attempted assault of 2 young mennonite girls struck a nerve with almost everyone.

Its funny how that all works out, even the meth heads will look for them, because they know that the more law enforcement presence in the area also brings heat upon them. So of course, in their best interests, its good to get the guy caught so they can go back to business as usual. In a former lifetime, I remember some pretty nefarious individuals would come up to me and tell me . . "hey, that guy that messed up those kids could be in such and such area at such and such address. . .that cool for a pass if we ever run across each other?" I would explain to them, greater good and all that, yes, but if I caught them slipping, old school rules went into effect.

eagle326
07-19-2013, 11:38 AM
I understand having 2 grown daughters; over 12 grandchildren and a few great grand kids plus my wife. That being said ; I'm probably the eldest of this group so I'll be using our old world techniques from the jungle times. Might have to get up to speed on what you younger ones use just so I can be more well rounded.
My dark side is only painful for those I dislike. If you put a bottle of Evan Williams close I'll take my time sipping in my rocker while I wait for my desired affect to begin while I plan my next phase. Just saying.

Stormfeather
07-19-2013, 11:04 PM
I would love to sit down sometime and compare notes and techniques, purely from a professional standpoint of course.

bacpacker
07-19-2013, 11:23 PM
I would love to sit down sometime and compare notes and techniques, purely from a professional standpoint of course.

Now that would be a fireside chat for the ages. Maybe could all gather on Eagle's front porch with some Evan and rock away. :)

This thread has really bothered me, and I have no children. The bastards who do shit like this should be given to the fathers for their own special brand of punishment. The hell with jail.

Stormfeather
07-20-2013, 12:02 AM
I fully agree. I know that if someone harmed my daughter. . . heaven and hell couldnt hold me back from reaping my vengeance. The wife has an issue with me saying things like that, but as I explained to her, she falls into that bracket as well. I have very few things that I treasure in this world, my wife and children top the list above all others.

eagle326
07-20-2013, 12:20 AM
There are some people that need practice stitching different degrees of wounds who would love to have a practice dummy. Just sayin' :p

Too bad I would have nothing to numb the pain.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
07-20-2013, 02:18 AM
That reminds me..... I think i need to watch "law abiding citizen" again.....

Great flick...........wrong ending.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
07-20-2013, 02:42 AM
No one messes with my wife, my daughter, my dogs, my family. Yes it brings out that "other" side in you. Hell it doesn't even have to be your family! To witness........to see, well some of you know what I'm talking about. I'm not going to derail the thread or make us look like a bunch of CIA (Christians in Action) types. They're pussies anyway, buuuut certain individuals need to delt with in special ways. So who better to deal with them than well trained fathers and husbands, eh?

So as for that little Grip & Grin on the porch. Deal me in, I'm game, I'll bring a little "hooch" myself. I'd love to compare notes.

OH as for the meth heads! We need to maintain our proficiency anyway. They would make a good recon project in themselves Izzy! Wink, wink, nudge, nudge........say no more.

4suchatimeasthis
07-20-2013, 01:00 PM
Lol, you boys make me laugh, God love ya!

And ya know, just for the record, not all of us damsels are in distress. Or if/when we are, we can pretty well handle our "stuff". I may not have military training, tis true....but I have gutted and butchered thousands of pounds of various critters. Blood hasn't bothered me for a looong time, and hey, I have a copy of Fox's Book of Martyrs. Plus, I am a truly creative person, I take great pride in my warped little mind ;).

I promise you, someone messes with my kids, it will be a deeply, and eternally "religious" experience for them. Cause I'll send 'em to hell.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
07-20-2013, 01:43 PM
I never said anything a about blood letting. There's nothing a good hyperbaric chamber wouldn't cure. Then just leave on the beach with the rest of the jellyfish..........oops, did I say that out loud?

Grumpy Old Man
07-20-2013, 08:34 PM
Well......this has been an interesting thread! Remember, not all children that are abducted are girls; boys get sexually assaulted too. Pedophiles are the lowest of the low. As Morgan Earp said in Tombstone "They're bugs Wyatt! You don't deal with bugs!"
'Nough said!

Brownwater Riverrat 13
07-21-2013, 01:49 AM
Grumpy I wasn't refering to just the ladies and girls. I'm going to lay low on this topic after my earlier posts this morning but I think everyone gets my meaning. Certain individuals need to be delt with in certain ways and I'll leave it at that.

momabear
07-21-2013, 02:58 AM

oh yes we are , i have 4 and 1 son and im a hillbilly and i mean that not a joke im from the nc mountains and i hate it for the one that on my babys .

Gunfixr
07-21-2013, 08:20 AM
I'm glad to hear the girls got away. I certainly hope this will show them to keep a better eye on what's around them, they may not be so lucky next time.
I really do hope none of you guys have to decide whether to follow up on all this talk someday, I really do. When our son was 6, he was molested by a person he thought was his closest friend, a 14 yr old boy. Never mind the age difference, the other boy was the son of some of our closest friends at the time. This is really only the tip of this iceberg, as much more went on over several years.
My point is that, having been there and done this already, you don't want no part of it. It won't matter after what you do or don't do, you won't feel no better.
And neither will your child.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
07-21-2013, 12:37 PM
I understand what you say and it's taken onboard. I can't express what else I feel or words to say about what happened to you or your son. So understand that I am at a loss here, it's just better that way.

Stormfeather
07-22-2013, 06:38 AM
I can only echo BWRR sentiments with all solemnity.