PDA

View Full Version : In need of prayer

Buddychrist
07-27-2013, 06:16 AM
Yesterday hit me like a freight train like no other. I mean nothing could have prepared me for the amount of loss that has jumped in my lap in the past 24 hours.

We have been taking care of my grandmother on my moms side full time since my grandfather died January 1st. She was moved to the hospice house today because she is going to die at any moment. So my mother is there now and its something we have been anticipating for awhile. So her passing isn't much of a shock but it is still a sad loss nonetheless.

But what really broke me down was my grandmother on my dads side got her test results in today and she now has stomach cancer that has already taken up 50% of her liver and is inoperable so she has six months to live at the maximum. Since I was practically raised by my Nana I still call her everyday and see her as much as possible. She has come to terms with the fact that she is going to die very soon but I am struggling to hold it together. I mean she is that one grandmother that just loves unconditionally and never asks for anything.

I just never thought I would lose all of my grandparents in the same year.

ak474u
07-27-2013, 02:01 PM
Prayers sent.

Taz Baby
07-27-2013, 02:16 PM
I am so sorry to hear that. Spend as much time as you can with her and let her know how much you love her and admire her. So she will know that now. Also tell her that you will miss her deeply but you will be OK. When someone knows that they will pass, they worry about their love ones they are leaving behind. Prayers sent.

bacpacker
07-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Praying for you buddy. I understand exactly what your going thru. I lost my gradn ma to cancer a few years ago. And like we were very close. It still bothers me to this day. Spend as much time as you can with her and treasure those moments. My deepest sypmathy goes out to you and your family.

Grumpy Old Man
07-27-2013, 05:39 PM
My prayers are going heavenward for you Buddy!

4suchatimeasthis
07-27-2013, 06:10 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, I too was nearly raised by a Grandmother, she is the woman I look up to more than any other. I dread the day I get that phone call.

Praying for you and yours.

Katrina
07-27-2013, 09:44 PM
Buddy,
My prayers and thought go out to you and your family.
I am so sorry to hear that.My Grand mamma was my best friend and confidantwhen I was growing up.She came here from Victorian Enland and stubborn as all get out as well as a proper lady.She passed the day I was having some surgery. I never got to say my leave of her, so spend as much time as you can with her.

Buddychrist
07-29-2013, 02:13 AM
Thanks everyone, I am getting packed up and ready for the trip to to take her back to Nc when she passes so she can be buried next to my grandfather.

My other grandmother will be moving out to my house after i get back from the funeral in Nc so she can spend time with my 4yr old son before she passes. I will be taking her to a better cancer center to get a second opinion from a more advanced team.

Stormfeather
07-30-2013, 01:13 AM
You and your family are in my thoughts Buddy, and wishing you the best of life and love from your family during this hard time.

msomnipotent
07-31-2013, 06:12 PM
Sorry to hear. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Buddychrist
09-04-2013, 01:13 AM
Well it keeps rolling in, I buried my 8 week old puppy a few days ago. She had a seizure and died in a coma on the way to the emergency vet. She was a sweet little pup. I'm more upset that my son had two weeks with her to get really attached to that teacup chihuahua. But I explained it quite a few times and he finally understood, cried a little, and moved on.

On a good note I'm buying a beretta nano 9mm from my brother for a great price. I just need to find a IWB holster that's comfortable.

msomnipotent
09-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Sorry for the loss of you puppy. All you can do is focus on the good things and carry on. I've been have so much bad luck the past month that I'm really starting to believe someone cursed me. I keep trying to tell myself that positive thoughts bring positive outcomes!