PDA

View Full Version : 25 Most Dangerous Cities and Neighborhoods

The Stig
08-02-2013, 11:53 PM
So first up is cities.

According to THIS (http://www.businessinsider.com/most-dangerous-cities-in-america-2013-6?op=1)story on business insider

Violent crime rose in the U.S. in 2012 for the first time in six years, according to preliminary crime data released by the FBI.

Business Insider analyzed the report to determine the cities with the most violent crime per capita. In the three years we have published this ranking, many cities have repeatedly made the list.

From the decaying Rust Belt, Flint, Mich. emerged as the most dangerous city in 2012, 2011, and 2010, according to our analysis.

Detroit, Mich.; Oakland, Calif.; and St. Louis, Mo. were also consistently among the most dangerous cities.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/most-dangerous-cities-in-america-2013-6?op=1#ixzz2arIR2QFj

From 25 to 1

Milwaukee WI
Hartford CT
Atlanta GA
Minneapolis MN
Kansas City MO
New Haven CT
Dayton OH
Buffalo, NY
Stockton CA
Cincinnati OH
Baton Rouge LA
Little Rock AR
Memphis TN
Philadelphia PA
Newark NJ
Baltimore MD
Jackson MS
St Louis MO
Cleveland OH
New Orleans LA
Bridgeport CT
Oakland CA
Detroit MI
Flint MI

This is the list for 2012 based on the 2011 UCR from the FBI

The Stig
08-02-2013, 11:55 PM
25 most dangerous neighborhoods

Original story HERE (http://www.shotgunnews.com/2013/08/02/the-nations-25-most-dangerous-neighborhoods/) at shotgun news

http://www.shotgunnews.com/files/2013/08/chart.jpg

The Stig
08-02-2013, 11:57 PM
Now with any rankings based on statistics you can tear apart the numbers seven ways from Sunday. Lots of things from isolated crime events to how the locality defines "a city" can effect the numbers.

That said, I thought both of these lists painted an interesting picture of some of the more dangerous parts of the country.

How close are you to any of these locations?

Could wayward adventurers from these areas head your direction should a SHTF event make their locale more unpleasant than normal?

How do these lists effect your prepping, if at all?

bacpacker
08-03-2013, 12:12 AM
The closest city is about 3 hours from here. We do pass thru a couple of the neighbor hoods on the way to my sisters. Also one of the cities is about 30 minutes from my nephews when we visit him. Up north some of the family in laws lives in or close to the top 2 on the list. I don't care to go to those areas and usually have extensive preps on board when we do.

Katrina
08-03-2013, 01:23 AM
We are two hours away from Detroit if it wasn't for dh's job we'd be still struggling there.Trouble is we are 10-15 minutes from State Capital and the scum living there.But I saw ,don't remember the site that we are in a supposed safe area and the thinking was that the looters will think someone else raided the house and by pass us and go farther into subdivision and hit the rest of the houses. It sounds lgoofy , I don't subscribe to that idea just have to keep planning and prepping.

ak474u
08-03-2013, 03:10 AM
I'm 4 hours from Houston. But crime is everywhere, I just keep preparing like normal. We live in an incomplete neighborhood with about 12 vacant lots that have yet to be built on, and 3 under construction with 2 more sold and to be built soon, so I always expect the construction sites to attract some crime, and maybe even bring in some less than desirable contractors out for a quick buck on a theft.

helomech
08-03-2013, 03:49 AM
That is interesting, Texas has 3 of the largest cities in the U.S., but none of them make the list. If I am not mistaken Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio make the top 10 list of largest cities.

- - - Updated - - -

Crime is very rare in my town, of course it helps to have less than 300 people in the town.

ak474u
08-03-2013, 04:03 AM
That is interesting, Texas has 3 of the largest cities in the U.S., but none of them make the list. If I am not mistaken Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio make the top 10 list of largest cities.

- - - Updated - - -

Crime is very rare in my town, of course it helps to have less than 300 people in the town.

My policy is... "Expect your neighborhood to be bad, or get bad, then you won't be disappointed"

helomech
08-03-2013, 04:16 AM
My policy is... "Expect your neighborhood to be bad, or get bad, then you won't be disappointed"

Well my closest neighbor is set up better than me, is 90 years old and almost 2 miles away, I think I am fine. If the shtf no one will be able to drive a vehicle within 4 miles of my house within a couple hours. But that being said, other than the 90 year old neighbor there is only 1 other person I trust for the next 400 miles.

ak474u
08-03-2013, 04:32 AM
Well my closest neighbor is set up better than me, is 90 years old and almost 2 miles away, I think I am fine. If the shtf no one will be able to drive a vehicle within 4 miles of my house within a couple hours. But that being said, other than the 90 year old neighbor there is only 1 other person I trust for the next 400 miles.

That 90 year old could be the head of a MZB gang. 90 is the new 80. Lol

helomech
08-03-2013, 04:44 AM
That 90 year old could be the head of a MZB gang. 90 is the new 80. Lol

LMAO, he is one tough man though. Still takes care of his garden and the aquaponics system I helped him set up. He is a huge asset for me and my family. He still coach's baseball, and is more active than most 50 year old people I know. Me and him think almost exactly alike. We are the only two family's that live on my road. He served under General McMillan. The General took him every where with him and used him as his units baseball coach.

apssbc
08-03-2013, 12:26 PM
I live about an hour from Detroit and almost an hour and a half from Flint. Do dont go deep into the cities very often if ever. I stick to the expressways and drive through them as fast as possible. However I do work 10 minutes from Detroit which sucks and take patients to one of the major hospitals in Detroit. The other day Detroit EMS brought in a woman who was shot 12 times because she ran up her boyfriends credit cards...she survived. Its virtually every night I work that I see someone coming into that hospital shot, stabbed, beaten, or run down.

Prep wise there isnt much I can do at work. I cant carry a gun or much for supplies. If a major event happens I plan on driving very fast the other way. I do carry a large knife with me at all times. The only other worry I have is my BOL is approx 3 hours north of Detroit. So We will probably have to deal with people leaving that area and heading north come a major event. However I thing I have a few ideas to deter people from advancing too closely to the property.

Flint is a non issue because there is a very large area for people to disperse into around it without getting to me. Detroit the go north and possibly south to the more woodsy areas.

Stg1swret
08-04-2013, 02:23 PM
I m 10 miles from downtown Philadelphia, and 15 miles and a number of bridges from Newark, NJ. I see some of the Philly spill over, but most of the Philly dirt balls don't have transport except by bus or trolley. That tends to keep them in their own neighborhood.

Gunfixr
08-07-2013, 01:08 AM
Right now, closest one is 6-8hrs away by motor vehicle.
Post-shtf, on foot, it'd be a lot longer, and they'd have to pass several places that probably almost made the list.

Of the 5 or 6 cities here in my immediate vicinity, meaning borders touching, I do live in the one with the highest crime rate, according to some local paper recently.
There were about 4 shootings last week, and another 4 or 5 about 2 weeks ago.