PDA

View Full Version : German Field Phones Good price

Brownwater Riverrat 13
08-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Found some German field phones great reviews (current) $28 for one, you'll need a pair of course but they are compatible with the US TA-312's. You can't beat the price just get you some wire and "D" cell batteries. These are real handy for inter neighborhood comms, out on your BOL, for your OP back to your house or command center, etc. But still a great buy and hey........... they're made by ze German's how could you go wrong? Just putting it out there. Hope it helps someone.

http://www.keepshooting.com/german-field-phone.html

ElevenBravo
08-06-2013, 07:14 PM
At the bottom of the page, it says it cannot guarantee they work.... more of a collectors item.

A little info on field phones. The ones shown are pretty inexpensive, and Id be very tempted to get a pair in hopes they work.

However, keep in mind some good commo wire is going to be expensive. Two phones and a spool of commo wire is HEAVY so you dont be humping it in your ruck/ILBE...

I know you might be thinking... "Ive got GMRS/FRS/Etc radios, why would I want a field phone?"

Any RF that is transmitted, can be intercepted. Even if you are using codes in your communications, the worse part is that someone can now determine they are in close distance to your location. I know for myself, Id really, really, really like to keep my location low key.

How we did it in the Army. Typically an LP/OP was placed a distance ahead of our biv site, typically in the direction of most likely attack. If needed, more than 1 LP/OP were posted. Field phones were wired out. Crank it up and the other end gets a buzz (ring ring) and they answer.

Twisted pair comms are about as secure as it gets, which is a big plus.

Also, uses very little power compared to handheld radios.

Yes, there are down sides too.... I am pointing out how important they are in a fixed position.

HTH!
EB

Brownwater Riverrat 13
08-07-2013, 01:48 AM
I've never bought any of these so I don't know, was reading the reviews. If you have any basic electronic skills you could probably fix the problem if there are any. I posted this thread for those on a budget............

As for the Wire, check ebay. I found the US GI WD1A 0.5 Km A1 rolls/spools still in the box for $33. These were brand new never used and 1/4 mile in length. I got four.

EB, I'm right there with ya on your post. What you say is true, you can't be intercepted or overheard. Not to mention they can't vector in on your position by your transmissions.

ElevenBravo
08-07-2013, 07:28 PM
I posted this thread for those on a budget............
Well hell, you were speaking directly to me then! :-)

check ebay. I found the US GI WD1A 0.5 Km A1 rolls/spools still in the box for $33.
THAT, would be the WIRE OF CHOICE. Stuff is strong enough to yank the devil out of hell, and last for decades if taken care of just a little.

Not to mention they can't vector in on your position
Yes, you are fully in stealth mode... until one of them trips over your commo wire. HA HA!

Thx for the follow up bro..
EB