PDA

View Full Version : Electronic vapor cigarettes

Taz Baby
08-11-2013, 11:48 PM
we have been trying to quit smoking for awhile now and Have tried cold turkey, e-cigs (Battery only type) and the pills but to no luck. Then a friend told us about the vapor e cigs, she has the Rocky top vapor one and loves it. With so many kinds out there, now that they are the new thing to do, (only because of the restrictions on smoking now days) I was wondering if anyone here has heard of them and do you use one? If so which one and tell me about the trail and era you went thru so I won't repeat that. Here is the link to the one the friend told me about.

http://www.rockytopvapor.com/

Sniper-T
08-12-2013, 12:20 AM
A friend from work uses them in between cigarettes. by the time he has a smoke, he's snarley. all it does (according to him) is give him something to fiddle with.

I am currently on Day 11 smoke free. Nicorette gum, and nicorette candies.

FL-Jeeper
08-12-2013, 12:36 AM
Dixievapor.com

I've smoked his stuff for over three years. Used to be a pack a day guy, now I only vape.

helomech
08-12-2013, 01:39 AM
I tried to quit for years, pills ( no way in hell would I recommend them to anyone), patches and so on. I quit cold turkey almost 3 years ago. Once you are ready to quit it is not that hard to do, but if you are not really ready to quit, it won't happen. I told myself if I quit I would use the money to buy me a side by side atv. I bought my 2010 honda big red the month after I quit and it is cheaper than what I was spending on cigarettes.

BTW I was smoking almost 3 packs a day and had been smoking for over 20 years.

Katrina
08-12-2013, 02:55 AM
Got the Blu one according to their site all ingredients are made in USA, no glycol like the ones made in China. They also have the cartridges without nicotine but are flavored. My DIL said if you fly you can't use them on overseas flights. She found out when she flew to Namibia last year. However I had mine with me when I took kids back to CO. and used it in ladies room.TSA didn't bother confiscating it but rules maybe different for overseas flights.I never thought to check before I flew.

ElevenBravo
08-12-2013, 07:52 PM
YMMV, but Ive smoked for decades... the ONLY way for me to successfully QUIT was COLD TURKEY.

It is very difficult, but I realized that only once I have enough determination to just say no, only then was I really ready to quit.

Everything else IMHO is a crutch and hinders the ultimate goal of quitting.

If you can sleep for 8 hours and most/all the nicotine from the last cig has been flushed from your system then you can certainly do 8 hours awake. You have to be your own coach, and just get through one hour at a time. There really is no better measurement of determination than having the ability to go cold.

GL,
EB

Taz Baby
08-12-2013, 09:58 PM
Well we went today to get our vapor cigs and I got the ego stardust kit and I did the "create your own kit". Mine came with 2 cigs and a case. Dh got a more manly one But only 1 cig. Anywho, we got 5 different flavors and we will see how it goes. I love the blueberry pomegranate and the reg tobacco flavor. It should only cost us $14.00 every 2 weeks VS. $38.00 every week or 10 days.

Sniper-T
08-12-2013, 10:01 PM
Good luck Taz!

Taz Baby
08-12-2013, 10:05 PM
You would think that with me only smoking almost a pack a day normally, it would be easy to quit but with 4 people under 1 roof who all smoke, its hard and believe me we all set deadlines on today we all are going to quit and some how we can't seem to do it. But maybe with this we all can.

ladyhk13
08-13-2013, 02:46 AM
Good luck Taz...I'm rooting for you guys!

Katrina
08-14-2013, 12:10 AM
Rooting for ya too. I'm still working at it.Unlike some When I quit ,I developed an ulcer (twice) so warm chicken for me right now. Down from 3 packs a day to about 8 cigs a day.Had major set back when Pop died but I've gotten back down to about 8 cigs a day again.

Grumpy Old Man
08-17-2013, 06:10 PM
It's easy to quit smoking! I've done it hundreds of times! LOL! I'm just not in the mood to try anymore. I'm getting ready to enter in to my seventh decade (i.e. I'm completing my sixth decade) orbiting Sol and I'm not real excited about living into my eighties, so I will enjoy my few remaining vices and enter into Eternity a happy, if somewhat decrepit, soul. For all you younger folks than are trying to quit, I pray the Good Lord blesses you in your efforts and that you enjoy many long and fruitful years because of it.

As for me I'll have a cigar and a glass of Ghost and toast you!

ETA: By way of explanation, when I turn 60 next month I will have completed 6 decades of life and enter into my seventh decade which I will complete when (if) I turn 70.

piranha2
08-17-2013, 10:40 PM
What Grumpy said.