PDA

View Full Version : Had a great day.

mitunnelrat
08-17-2013, 02:36 AM
I touched on it in another thread, but I went in to work this afternoon to grab my check, and had an awesome surprise. My back pay! I had four years of being shorted almost $1.00 per hour, and it had added up. The taxes on it sucked, but I still walked out of the bank today a very happy man! :D

Long story short, my emergency cash reserve is exactly where I want it now and my dad is going to get the exterior of his garage redone this year. My original plan was to take out a huge chunk of my debt, but I'll pay him for a year's rent instead. We'll both be less stressed and I'll still be able to get my debt paid off before my original goal. Life is good.

Oh yeah... I (of course, lol) "had" to meet a planned spending goal with a portion of it as well, so I have a brand new M&P15/ EOTech sitting next to me right now. :D

Did I mention I have a HUGE :D on my face right now?

:D

bacpacker
08-17-2013, 03:13 AM
Congrats on the "Cha Ching".

Katrina
08-17-2013, 03:26 AM
Congrats good job.

eagle326
08-17-2013, 12:11 PM
Daddy Warbucks and his new toy. :cool: Congratulations on getting your back pay.

Taz Baby
08-17-2013, 02:35 PM
It is always a good feeling when something goes right for a change. Congrats on the new toy and keeping your daddy happy.

Grumpy Old Man
08-17-2013, 06:02 PM
Reminds me of a song my Dad used to sing:

My Father makes book at the corner,
My Mother makes bathtub gin,
My sister sells love for money,
My Lord how the money rolls in!

Congrats on the windfall; use it wisely and enjoy!

ladyhk13
08-18-2013, 05:15 AM
Less stress and mo money makes a wonderful marriage indeed. Oh happy days!

Domeguy
08-18-2013, 03:15 PM
Now you can pay me back that that 5 bucks you borrowed last year:). Just kidding, I'm happy for you.