PDA

View Full Version : OPSEC Compromised

Grumpy Old Man
08-29-2013, 12:16 PM
Well, I was in divorce court today and a piece of evidence was introduced regarding my thoughts on the divorce. Guess what it was! No guesses?

It was a screen capture from here. It was my OP from last October on "An Eventful 12 Days".

Just another heads up that everything is available to anyone at any time. Be Discreet!

ETA: Thread link http://www.shtfready.com/threads/2581-A-Very-Stressful-and-Strange-Last-12-Days

Domeguy
08-29-2013, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the reminder. We forget to look behind sometimes because we are so focused at what is up ahead.
Just curious, I didn't see anything damaging in all of the posts.

Stg1swret
08-29-2013, 02:15 PM
Lesson learned, never commit anything to paper or the net that may come back and bite you in the ass. Paper and the internet are forever.

ak474u
08-29-2013, 04:53 PM
Doesn't look damaging to me, or a negative blow to your character, but then again, I'm no lawyer. I would expect THIS post to come up as well.

NWPilgrim
08-29-2013, 08:58 PM
It is easy to get in the frame of mind on these forums that we are having a campfire chat. But since it is a public place and "written" we really have to be careful.

Hope it works out OK for you. Thanks for the reminder.

Grumpy Old Man
08-30-2013, 03:21 AM
It's all good! I just told the truth on the stand! But people will try to use anything against you!

msomnipotent
08-30-2013, 02:22 PM
I can't see how that thread would be used against you. If anything, I would think it helps as is states she left you three years ago.

I always forget that friends or family could join up here and read everything I have ever posted. I have always assumed my posts would be used against me while trying to travel to another country.

Immigration official: "It says here that you plan on rampaging through the streets like a beaten circus elephant."

Me: "Uuuhhhhmmmmm......"

Immigration: "ACCESS DENIED!!!!!!"

MegaCPC
08-30-2013, 02:32 PM
It is a good reminder to always watch what you post online.

But people will try to use anything against you!

That they will. Best of luck with everything Grumpy.

Gunfixr
09-01-2013, 10:33 PM
Well, at least there wasn't anything damaging in that thread. You just went to friends for consoling.

For them; much ado about nothing.