PDA

View Full Version : What people are capable of

The Stig
09-01-2013, 12:11 AM
Original story HERE (http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/30/us/killing-for-hire-payment-stamps/index.html?hpt=hp_t2) at CNN

NYPD: Woman seeking husband's death offered to pay -- with rare stamps
By Julia Lull and Elwyn Lopez, CNN
updated 10:30 PM EDT, Fri August 30, 2013

New York (CNN) -- A Brooklyn woman is facing conspiracy and solicitation charges after allegedly offering an undercover police officer $60,000 worth of rare postage stamps to kill her husband, the New York Police Department says.

Elena Sava-Adams, 57, made a brief appearance in Kings County Criminal Court on Friday, but her whereabouts and status afterwards could not be determined Friday night.

Police said she met in Brooklyn with an undercover investigator posing as a hitman to discuss an alleged plan to have her husband run over by a car after the couple had lunch together on Sunday.

Sava-Adams allegedly gave the undercover officer a photo of her husband, along with jewelry and a stamp collection valued at $60,000, according to the NYPD. The "hitman" was to flee the scene after the he ran over her husband with his car, police said.

Sava-Adams was arrested when she left the officer's vehicle on Thursday, police said.

She is charged with first-degree conspiracy and second-degree criminal solicitation, according to court documents.

Calls to Sava-Adams' attorney were not immediately returned.

Another story I found while searching for new updates to the intel section.....

We all know people are capabile of dispicable acts of all types. Ready any website and you see story after story about murders, rapes and general depravity.

I thought this was a good story to remind us that some people, deep down inside, are inherently evil.

How much more so might they be in the midst of a SHTF event ?

bacpacker
09-01-2013, 12:57 AM
Then some folks are just plain BAT SHIT CRAZY! Hard to tell the difference sometimes.

NWPilgrim
09-01-2013, 10:09 AM
Yes, that is a good to remember. There are many sociopaths and narcissists running around barely constrained by laws, and sometimes they act out their dark thoughts even in good times. When SHTF I expect to see a rash of this kind of crap.

Gunfixr
09-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Definitely. agreed on the many who are only in check out of fear of going to jail. With that removed, and other general lawlessness, they'll feel like it's time for a free-for-all.

izzyscout21
09-06-2013, 01:22 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-puKjqPGy8As/USXNz_oR9uI/AAAAAAAAAXM/wOLK7mOcylA/s320/Epic-facepalm.jpg

cwconnertx
09-06-2013, 02:34 PM
A lot of people know who the psychopaths around them are, and while we might leave the petty theif down the street alone in normal times, if he steals during bad bad times, he might be the one wishing for rule of law to return.

I know a lot of people who are only alive because killing them is illegal. It works both ways.

bacpacker
09-06-2013, 05:12 PM
Well put CW.

Twitchy
09-07-2013, 08:38 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-puKjqPGy8As/USXNz_oR9uI/AAAAAAAAAXM/wOLK7mOcylA/s320/Epic-facepalm.jpg

That about sums up how I feel about the article...

Post SHTF would be an interesting place with all the unconstrained psychopaths... Think of the psych wards / psych hospitals... we worry about jails, what about these locations as well?

Stormfeather
09-11-2013, 08:53 PM
Its going to be those same sociopaths that will be gathering people who are fearful around them. Remember, in times of distress, people flock to their houses, the church, and the nearest person who can make sense and offer solace in difficult times. Sometimes that person can end up being our worst nightmare.

eagle326
09-11-2013, 09:23 PM
Its going to be those same sociopaths that will be gathering people who are fearful around them. Remember, in times of distress, people flock to their houses, the church, and the nearest person who can make sense and offer solace in difficult times. Sometimes that person can end up being our worst nightmare.

And that's the scary part Stormy. Most people have lost their common sense ; logical thinking and critical thought. They flock to them who have the eloquent speech , rosy outlook and end view of mankind. The majority has been dumbed down thru education and lack of wanting to learn to the point of being retarded in the sense of thinking for themselves. Preferring instead to believe those who they think are more highly educated than them.

Why should they go to school to learn when those who do will educate them and tell them how the world works. In their minds all they have to do is listen to the politicians and other sects to learn how to get what's due them without having to labor for it.

Thus we have all these factions each taking their own piece of the retarded population to use as they see fit.
All the more reason to keep our heads on a swivel and antenna's high.

ElevenBravo
09-11-2013, 10:16 PM
Id like to offer spam cans of .39 as a measure of protection PostSHTF...

Id like to also mention, the really sick crap we read/hear/see on the news, of people doing things that are unspeakable.... THESE ARE THE ONES THAT WERE CAUGHT. Multiply that by 3 or maybe 5, or more... Thats more like the actual number of sick twisted people there are doing sick twisted things.

Most people are sheltered from most if not all of this. After working corrections for 7 years, I can assure you... these people are out there, they are AMONG US... at the bank, at WalMart, at the red light... I hate to think Im paranoid, but... I see people that fit the profile every day. It sometimes "feels" there are more of "them" than there is of "us". Be afraid, your fears are not leading you astray.

EB

Stormfeather
09-12-2013, 12:47 AM
... Id like to also mention, the really sick crap we read/hear/see on the news, of people doing things that are unspeakable.... THESE ARE THE ONES THAT WERE CAUGHT. Multiply that by 3 or maybe 5, or more... Thats more like the actual number of sick twisted people there are doing sick twisted things.

Most people are sheltered from most if not all of this. After working corrections for 7 years, I can assure you... these people are out there, they are AMONG US... at the bank, at WalMart, at the red light... I hate to think Im paranoid, but... I see people that fit the profile every day. It sometimes "feels" there are more of "them" than there is of "us". Be afraid, your fears are not leading you astray.

EB

They are out there, and they are in the numbers you are thinking, imagine for every single person that is caught, how many more Ariel Castro's, James Dimaggios, and Phillip Garridos are there in this world? How many of them near where you live? Go on your state sexual predator locator and just look at how many live near you, it will astound you. The center for missing and exploited children says that there have been more than 1.9 million reports of suspected child sexual exploitation have been made to the CyberTipline between 1998 and June 2013. Imagine that... nearly 2 million reports of suspected child sexual abuse. Thats the population of New Mexico. Scary huh?

bacpacker
09-12-2013, 12:54 AM
And instead of cuttin their nuts off or executing them, we turn them loose and put them on a predator locator.

Stormfeather
09-12-2013, 12:54 AM
And that's the scary part Stormy. Most people have lost their common sense ; logical thinking and critical thought. They flock to them who have the eloquent speech , rosy outlook and end view of mankind. The majority has been dumbed down thru education and lack of wanting to learn to the point of being retarded in the sense of thinking for themselves. Preferring instead to believe those who they think are more highly educated than them.

Why should they go to school to learn when those who do will educate them and tell them how the world works. In their minds all they have to do is listen to the politicians and other sects to learn how to get what's due them without having to labor for it.

Thus we have all these factions each taking their own piece of the retarded population to use as they see fit.
All the more reason to keep our heads on a swivel and antenna's high.

Yes, its scary, and yes its extremely troubling to think about, but the bottom line also works in our favor. Those with their heads out of their ass, will always prevail over those with their heads up their ass, no matter who leads them. We are an army of lions, not an army of sheep.

eagle326
09-12-2013, 01:12 AM
Yes, its scary, and yes its extremely troubling to think about, but the bottom line also works in our favor. Those with their heads out of their ass, will always prevail over those with their heads up their ass, no matter who leads them. We are an army of lions, not an army of sheep.

A target rich enviroment to say the least. The lion thought is true. Ever notice how a lion sleeps at night knowing of the potential havoc in front of him? He is secure in the sense of his abilities and doesn't overplay them. A restful sleep in the face of defeat is a sure sign of the enemy being in a world of hurt.

Metrocruiser
09-12-2013, 05:40 AM
And instead of cuttin their nuts off or executing them, we turn them loose and put them on a predator locator.

Maybe the world needs to bring back stoning and public executions.

bacpacker
09-12-2013, 10:10 AM
I think there should be piblic hangings for certain crimes. Murder, sexual crimes against children, you get the idea. It wouldn't stop this crap but at least tthat predatir would be out of the loop.

Gunfixr
09-12-2013, 04:06 PM
They don't even all get on the predator lists.
The boy who molested our son never did. We checked. For years.

Katrina
09-12-2013, 09:52 PM
Now you know why Hitler became so powerful. People will believe a charasmatic quasi knowlegable person without checking if they are scared or worried enough.
I had relative that survived a concentration camp .It wasn't till I was in high school and realized what she said was her phone number on her arm(when I was six , I asked her why she had numbers on her arm) was the tattoo from Auschwietz.

ElevenBravo
09-12-2013, 10:52 PM
I think there should be piblic hangings for certain crimes.
Damn straight, I agree! They should even be made public, too! :-)