PDA

View Full Version : The Faraday Cage Discussion Thread

ElevenBravo
09-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Watch this first, then lets discuss more...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t23iXhEiQUc

EB

helomech
09-12-2013, 05:17 PM
As in the video the cage only works for certain frequencies. His microphone worked, but the am radio did not. A small cage may protect from small impulses, but I am not convinced they will protect from all impulses. He brought up the car also, but energy can jump through the car, just because you are safe inside does not mean the electrical system is safe. My buddy found this out when he was driving his truck and it got struck by lightning. The truck was total loss. Everything was fried, 2 tires popped, tailgate welded shut, and many more things where messed up on it. I know lighting is not the exact same thing, but they are all forms of electrical magnetic energy.

Domeguy
09-24-2013, 02:07 AM
I'm with you. My biggest fear out there is not man-made, even though they are #2 on down the list to infinity. My biggest fear is from the sun. A huge solar flare could put us, or anyone else on the planet, back into the stone ages. I don't know much about natural EMPs, but I am learning as much as I can. But what really surprises me is the fact most people don't even have a clue what tomorrow could bring...or maybe they do, and switch into steeple mode so they don't have to deal with it.

Illini Warrior
03-03-2018, 03:53 PM
http://www.askaprepper.com/reinforce-sh ... emp-proof/

totally amazed today ... very familiar with bloggers blatantly repeating wrong info - outrite copywrite violations of others work - and writing about topics that they are totally unqualified to discuss much less preach ....

but this guy out did himself on this one - combined two constantly discussed prepper topics that are usually mangled to death - burying a CONEX shipping container and Faraday cages .... and managed to inter-mangle the two together - a new achievement in blogger prose ....