PDA

View Full Version : Apple Pie

bacpacker
09-18-2013, 02:03 AM
I wasn't sure where this one should go. Since liquor can be considered a seditive of sorts, I decided to put it here. Mods if you feel it's better suited somewhere else, please move it there.

http://livindolcevita.wordpress.com/2012/07/29/thes-kings-apple-pie-moonshine/

I have not tried this so i don't know if this is a great receipe or not. I don't think this size quantity would be wise in anything less than a SHTF event.

Sniper-T
09-18-2013, 02:14 AM
interesting... pretty high boom factor... 0n more than one level... but interesting...

ladyhk13
09-18-2013, 02:33 AM
This is the site I use. I have made two of the strongest apple pie ones and two variations of the blackberry (both the long version though, just adding different favors).
The stuff is really strong and yummy. Ask izzy.
http://goodoleways.com/category/dogs-secret-recipe-file/moonshine/

bacpacker
09-18-2013, 02:34 AM
i'll give that a look as well.

ladyhk13
09-18-2013, 02:44 AM
Btw, I don't use everclear we use genclear or some other 190 proof pure grain alcohol.

Gunfixr
09-18-2013, 04:01 AM
I'm working on getting the recipe, but it's better with cider instead of juice. You can also skip the sugar.
A very good recipe, using Everclear.
Most Everclear recipes aren't that good, having more "bite", but this is smooth.
I have some real 'shine apple pie that is very smooth, no bite, about 130 proof. It's good cold, room temp, or warm as a "hot toddy".

It is actually legal to make 'shine, provided you make no more than 2 gallons per drinking age adult in your household. You cannot sell it legally, although you can give it away.

izzyscout21
09-18-2013, 04:07 AM
This is the site I use. I have made two of the strongest apple pie ones and two variations of the blackberry (both the long version though, just adding different favors).
The stuff is really strong and yummy. Ask izzy.
http://goodoleways.com/category/dogs-secret-recipe-file/moonshine/

Oh dear God, it sooooo good.

Gunfixr
09-18-2013, 04:11 AM
Lol. Yes, it is so good, and you drink it up, and suddenly you cannot get out of the chair.

Oh, Izzy, I'll be putting something in the mail for you tomorrow.
Oh, after midnight. Later today.

ladyhk13
09-18-2013, 05:28 AM
It's even better if ya let it sit and mellow a bit especially the stuff I sent home with Izzy...I found 100 proof Hot Damn to add instead of the normal low proof stuff. Added that extra kick to the already extra kick it had to begin with.

Stormfeather
09-18-2013, 06:27 AM
Apple pie is the devil. . . . . Ive had to kill that devil by consuming him. . . . he hates me in the morning. . .NommmNommm

Domeguy
09-28-2013, 01:53 AM
While DG and I were canning apples to make some pie filling, we had some of the juice left. This stuff is liquid gold, oh, so good. I was just going to put in a glass and sip it like an expensive brandy. I then remembered the bottle of Jack Daniels I keep in the freezer. I put about a cup of apple goodness in the bottle and stuck it back in the freezer. A couple of hours later....oh, so good.

izzyscout21
11-10-2013, 04:08 AM
It's even better if ya let it sit and mellow a bit especially the stuff I sent home with Izzy...I found 100 proof Hot Damn to add instead of the normal low proof stuff. Added that extra kick to the already extra kick it had to begin with.

Just for the record, I just killed off what you sent home with me. :)

The last half of the jar was even better than the first.

ladyhk13
11-10-2013, 07:14 PM
So it was aging nicely? Guess I'm going to have to hide what I have left from BWRR before he drinks it all!

izzyscout21
11-10-2013, 09:20 PM
So it was aging nicely? Guess I'm going to have to hide what I have left from BWRR before he drinks it all!

:)

Yeah, it was really good. Dont let him drink it all.

Grumpy Old Man
11-10-2013, 10:35 PM
How I make mine for Rendesvouz.

2 gallons apple juice
2 gallons apple cider
6 sticks of cinnamon
2 TBSP whole cloves
2 tsp crushed crystallized ginger
2 liters of everclear (reasonable facsimile, wink)

Combine juice, cider, cinnamon, cloves and ginger in a big pot and bring just to boiling. Shut off heat and let steep overnight.
When cool, strain into a gott cooler to which the 2 liters of everclear has been added.
Bottle in clean quart jars.
ENJOY!!