PDA

View Full Version : Convoy to D.C. – Truckers To Shut Down America in October

Stg1swret
09-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Just a heads up, the MSM isn't covering this yet.

Convoy to D.C. – Truckers To Shut Down America in October
Posted By yihan On September 18, 2013 @ 5:22 am In Featured Stories,Tile,U.S. News | No Comments

Mac Slavo
SHTFplan.com
September 18, 2013

Last year the American Truckers Association prepared a report for Congress highlighting the susceptibility of the nation’s just-in-time delivery system, the majority of which is made possible by the transport and delivery of freight. In the event of a catastrophic disaster such as a war that drives fuel prices through the roof or even a natural disaster such as a solar flare that renders electronic trucks inoperable, there would be a “a swift and devastating impact on the food, healthcare, transportation, waste removal, retail, manufacturing, and financial sectors,” according to the report.

The backbone of commerce in the United States are the truck drivers who spend long hours on the road ensuring our very survival as a modern society.

But with fuel prices continuing to rise, wages dropping, jobs becoming harder to find, and rampant corruption in Washington D.C. furthering the country’s economic death spiral, America’s truck drivers, like the majority of our fellow citizens, are fed up.

Between October 11th and 13th they have called for a general strike, asking truck drivers around the country to refuse to haul freight, a move that could carry with it a significant impact on the American economy.

The protest calls for truckers to make their way to Washington D.C. in a massive convoy in an effort to call attention to, among other things, the Benghazi cover-up, the recent attack which killed 25 members of Seal Team 6, ever rising fuel prices, and claims that President Obama has engaged in treasonous crimes.

Moreover, they’ve requested that the American people join them in solidarity by not shopping or engaging in any economic activity that benefits the government or their corporate interests.

The American people are sick and tired of the corruption that is destroying America! We therefore declare a GENERAL STRIKE on the weekend of October 11-13, 2013! Truck drivers will not haul freight! Americans can strike in solidarity with truck drivers!

Breaker 1 9 calling on all Trucker to shut America down for three days October 11-13. The American people are bleeding out with no relief in sight, It is time to change the NEWS. Let us show our elected officials that we are 100% fed up with corruption and the blatant disregard of the Constitution that they swore to defend.

Bob tail it hammer down to the bull$hit city with flags flying high.

My fellow Patriot this effort is to support the truckers in a major shut down of America ion a 3 day strike October 11th thru 13th.

Obamacare will be in effect and most people will be ready to take action. No commerce on those days stock up on items that you will need. No banking no shopping no money transactions. It does not matter If a million or 50 roll through DC in this effort. Congress will listen to We The People. Which is remove Obama from office for crimes of treason and misdemeanors. We want Congressional hearing on Benghazi and Seal Team 6. Louis Learner put in jail. No amnesty, remove all Muslims in our government that do not uphold the Constitution. Remove Eric Holder from office for crimes against the people and the Constitution. Last but not least is Fuel prices.

Via: The Truckers to Shutdown America Facebook Page

The protest comes on the heels of a massive biker rally held in Washington D.C., and other grass roots efforts to hold the government to account for various Constitutional transgressions including everything from stripping Americans of their right to bear arms, to forced health care mandates soon to be implemented across the country (with exemptions for members of Congress and corporations with insider access, of course).

Calls of accountability have grown louder over the years from all political sides, starting most notably with the Tea Party movement and progressing to Occupy Wall Street.

The corruption and need for real change in America’s government has transcended political lines.

If the hundreds of thousands of truckers across America who keep our delivery systems running efficiently were to join together and stop hauling freight for even a week, the impact would be devastating and could not be ignored.

There’d be no food on the shelves, no fuel at our gas stations, and no medical supplies at our pharmacies and hospitals.

Congress and the President, who would like nothing more than to be perceived as our saviors and benefactors, would have no choice but to address the concerns of freight haulers, because the American people would feel the effects of the protest directly. And, chances are they’d be in the streets protesting themselves because of lack of access to essential goods they can’t live without.

We may often feel as if we, as individuals, have no power against the mighty United States government, but as Karl Denninger points out, we have much more power than we think.

If we get just 10% of America on board the entire game changes.

Especially when the business world — and government — realize that the next one is Black Friday weekend.

Just 10% of Americans can change the course of history, much like they did during the Revolutionary War.

Whether it happens in October, during Black Friday sales this November, or at some point in the future, this seemingly untenable situation is coming to a head.

Robert Kennedy may have said it best:

A revolution is coming — a revolution which will be peaceful if we are wise enough; compassionate if we care enough; successful if we are fortunate enough — But a revolution which is coming whether we will it or not. We can affect its character; we cannot alter its inevitability.

Robert Kennedy
Senate Floor
May 9, 1966

The snowball in America continues to roll down the hill, gaining speed and mass.

Mark the date, and fuel up before that weekend. If they pull it off, life will be interesting by the time the weekend is over.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
09-18-2013, 07:47 PM
Maybe you should have changed the title. "You beat me to the punch "Scope Dope", I just got a phone call about this , it was on Glenn Beck's radio show, ..........and was going to pass it on. It should have read. NOW HEAR THIS! GET TO PREPPIN DUMB ASSES THE TRUCKERS ARE GOIN ON STRIKE! Beans, bullets and band-aids. OK maybe not like that. But everyone better get their pantries and gas tanks topped off because "if" this goes with maximum participation. We could put a dent in their little dome up there. Like it reads we could be in for a lapse in product.............Everyone needs to pass this intell along to their friends via email , face book, yadda, yadda, etc. I have 2 brother-in-laws that drive I don't know what their input is on this but I'll be checkin shortly.

"BZ"......Great job brother!

Domeguy
09-18-2013, 09:41 PM
[QUOTE=Brownwater Riverrat 13;65986] "We could put a dent in their little dome up there."

What ta heck is this world comen to when a mild mannered dome builder en lifer, who is trying to skrape owt a levin on my small piece of top land, whit a damn good looken dome...no...strike that....a damn fine, guud lukin dome. Wha has weinz ever done to youens clan. Why I ota just march rite over ta uens plase en nock yore nose a tiime er tuu.

I'm DOMEGUY, and I approve this message.
Paid for by the committee to promote knocking the nose of all dome hatters. No noses were actually knocked during the posting of this or any other postings. Any resemblance to any one on off this forum is purely coincidental. No river rats were kicked, stomped, had their nose knocked, poked with a sharp, pointy stick, or generally mistreated during the posting of this post being posted. How ever, we said nothing of later tonight.

bacpacker
09-19-2013, 12:26 AM
I heard about the strike last night. If it is pulled off there will be disruptions just from the lack of truck deliveries. Even if 10-25% strike it will have an effect. If a good % of the rest of the population participates, there is a small chance it could have a big impact over all. Not sure how much it will change things but it may be enough to get the ball rolling.

Sniper-T
09-19-2013, 02:30 AM
as awesome as this sounds from a prepper point of view. And as much as I would push this... I seriously doubt that it would be allowed to happen...

just my HO...

Domeguy
09-19-2013, 04:10 AM
as awesome as this sounds from a prepper point of view. And as much as I would push this... I seriously doubt that it would be allowed to happen...

just my HO...

If I may, what do you mean by it would not be allowed to happen. The US is just about the only place it could be allowed to happen.
I remember the truckers slow down/strike in th early 80's, and that one worked out pretty good in the end for them.

Stormfeather
09-19-2013, 04:46 AM
Ok, no offense, but at what point in time during an attack did we lose 25 members of ST-6?

WE HAVENT. If they are referring to Extort 1-7, that wasnt a chalk full of ST-6. It was def a SpecOps Team, and there was some ST-6 there, but thats not all that was there, and it sure as hell wasnt 25 of them.

Somebody please vet this info from more than one source please, just because it came off Glenn Beck doesnt mean its legit. I know it would be nice and all, but sometimes drivel like this just pisses me off.

bacpacker
09-19-2013, 10:20 AM
The one thing that I see that could dereail this strike. There are not as high a percentage of Independant truckers as back in the 80s. Many more drivers are employees of a transit co now and dont own their own rigs.

The Stig
09-19-2013, 10:40 AM
Ok, no offense, but at what point in time during an attack did we lose 25 members of ST-6?

WE HAVENT. If they are referring to Extort 1-7, that wasnt a chalk full of ST-6. It was def a SpecOps Team, and there was some ST-6 there, but thats not all that was there, and it sure as hell wasnt 25 of them.

Somebody please vet this info from more than one source please, just because it came off Glenn Beck doesnt mean its legit. I know it would be nice and all, but sometimes drivel like this just pisses me off.

Yea - I've heard threats of a trucker strike off and on since I was a kid.

Not getting too worked about about a chain email sort of "intel" that so far I'm only seeing on infowars types of sites.

Now, if truckers are able to pull this off then the effects would be severe and dramatic, no doubt. Let's keep our ear to the ground but for now I'm not giving this once too much credence.

Stormfeather
09-19-2013, 01:51 PM
Yea - I've heard threats of a trucker strike off and on since I was a kid.

Not getting too worked about about a chain email sort of "intel" that so far I'm only seeing on infowars types of sites.

Now, if truckers are able to pull this off then the effects would be severe and dramatic, no doubt. Let's keep our ear to the ground but for now I'm not giving this once too much credence.

Just like you, Ive heard rumblings of this sort for years upon years, while it could be almost devastating, business's wouldnt allow their truckers to do it, they would simply fire them, and hire the next guy waiting in the wings for a good job to do the work. The unions wouldnt allow it, because it doesnt fit into their agenda, and as previously mentioned, most truckers dont even own their own trucks anymore, they are owned or leased by the freight forwarding company.

helomech
09-19-2013, 02:05 PM
Can you say sick day. It is very easy to get a doctors excuse.

Stormfeather
09-19-2013, 05:57 PM
Not when you are in a company vehicle driving a $50000-$100000 load of equipment/electronics/food. It just isnt going to happen.

helomech
09-19-2013, 06:41 PM
Not when you are in a company vehicle driving a $50000-$100000 load of equipment/electronics/food. It just isnt going to happen.

Sure it is, let them fire you with a doctors excuse. That is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Hell I am in the transportation industry and fall under the exact same rules as then and I dare my company to fire me with a doctors excuse. Heck it is hard enough to fire someone that even screwed up.

ditchmedic
09-19-2013, 10:01 PM
Google led me to different versions of this over the last several years. Sounds like this got its start as a chain email.

Stormfeather
09-20-2013, 02:41 AM
Sure it is, let them fire you with a doctors excuse. That is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Hell I am in the transportation industry and fall under the exact same rules as then and I dare my company to fire me with a doctors excuse. Heck it is hard enough to fire someone that even screwed up.

I see what you are saying, and the direction you are heading, but even with a doctors excuse, why would a company allow you to take one of their vehicles to Washington DC? Its one thing if you own the Tractor/Trailer, but no company is going to let someone abscond with one of their vehicles, with a loaded trailer, with a doctors excuse, and drive to DC with it, making the company lose money. Aint gonna happen brother.

ladyhk13
09-20-2013, 02:42 AM
Someone told me that Glenn Beck had it on his show the other night...i didn't actually see it so i don't know what exactly what was said. been getting emails from other people about it too. I need to email my brother and see what he says. He works for a major trucking company so he would know what the truth is if anyone does.

ladyhk13
09-20-2013, 02:55 AM
Remember, this is on a weekend and which greatly reduces the amount of trucks on the road as well - they still run but many have a much smaller crew out. If this was going on during the week it would make a greater impact. Now are they asking for trucks all across the country to not run? I forgot already...they don't all have to take off and drive to Washington, correct?

bacpacker
09-20-2013, 11:40 AM
To me the point is not so much drivong to DC. That would be very expensive since those rigs get 5-10mpg and fuel is close to $4 a gallon. The big think would be deliveries not being made. I know right now with the end of the fisical year later this month if deliveries were held up it would become a nightmare real quick. Food and fuel deliveries even more so.

It may or may not happen but even with just the independants that are left. They could make a pretty good statement.

helomech
09-20-2013, 12:45 PM
I see what you are saying, and the direction you are heading, but even with a doctors excuse, why would a company allow you to take one of their vehicles to Washington DC? Its one thing if you own the Tractor/Trailer, but no company is going to let someone abscond with one of their vehicles, with a loaded trailer, with a doctors excuse, and drive to DC with it, making the company lose money. Aint gonna happen brother.

No doubt, not trying to say they would let. But if just a few thousand showed up and 30% or more called in sick their point would be made loud and clear. Not everyone has to do something for it to be effective. I know if only 30% of our pilots and mechanics didn't show up it would effect our company in a big way.

ladyhk13
09-21-2013, 07:17 AM
Got an email from my brother who works for a major nationwide trucking company and he said he hasn't heard of any strike but that doesn't mean anything...most trucking strikes are a joke anyway since you can never get two truckers to stand together on anything.
So, that's the word from him. I'm waiting on an answer from my brother in law who is an independent trucker to see if he's heard anything from that side.

ladyhk13
09-24-2013, 03:00 AM
Talked to my BIL yesterday ho is an independent trucker and he said there will be no strike. Truckers won't do it.

Stormfeather
09-24-2013, 05:38 AM
Guess that makes it a done deal.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
09-24-2013, 04:33 PM
Yes, both BOL's said that that there wouldn't be enough truckers to actually do it. The companies wouldn't do it for loss of contracts. One said there aren't enough independent truckers out there anymore and they would be afraid of losing what they have for contracts as well. Also he didn't here any buzz on the radios. So that kinda covers Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Florida and Georgia. So it looks like this thing isn't going to gain much traction.

My opinion..........I think that's too bad, cause I'd kinda like to see it happen. "See, we can shut down the country too assholes, now do as your told and do your job."

Oh well..........

bacpacker
09-24-2013, 11:42 PM
It is too bad. Truckers used to stick together pretty well. Most of the independants have been forced out of business and the trucking companies are loading up with any body that will do as told, including illegals.

ladyhk13
09-25-2013, 07:27 PM
Yeah, once NAFTA hit us we have a butt ton of Mexican truckers out there running the roads. That really hurt us.

Stg1swret
10-08-2013, 10:01 PM
This is back in the news again See story here: http://townhall.com/tipsheet/heatherginsberg/2013/10/08/truckers-plan-to-block-up-the-capital-beltway-in-protest-n1719633

Sniper-T
10-08-2013, 10:31 PM
They had one here a few weeks ago. planned event as a fundraiser. lol

http://www.chrisd.ca/2012/09/14/worlds-largest-truck-convoy-special-olympics-manitoba-fundraiser/

ladyhk13
10-09-2013, 01:33 AM
^did you notice the dates on that article? It was a year ago.

They were talking about it on the radio yesterday and the commentator said he didn't understand why they would bother doing it on a weekend since there would be absolutely no impact on traffic or anything. Bad idea in his mind. Obviously D.C. Is dead on weekends. Guess we'll see what happens.

Stg1swret
10-09-2013, 01:39 AM
A spokes person was on TV with Greta Van Sustren on Fox this evening.

ladyhk13
10-13-2013, 09:13 PM
Any news?

bacpacker
10-13-2013, 09:38 PM
What little I saw about it, very few showed up and really didn't cause any issues that I heard of. Damn shame!

ladyhk13
10-13-2013, 10:08 PM
Figured.