PDA

View Full Version : "Do you have any survivalist stories?"

ElevenBravo
09-18-2013, 08:48 PM
Im not asking you..... My daughter asked it of me!

I was stunned.... WTH! She had shown some good awareness of our little hobby, we talk often... but this took me by surprise!

I said yeah, hang on a minute.. So I grab my Kindle and run to the computer, I delete all the JDY stories on it, I was reading though... (next was TOM, et all)... I did this to simplify the use of the device. So I load up the TXT version of Lights Out!

Shes on chapter 2 and wont put it down.

LO was the first story I ever read and it really opened my eyes and mind, Im hoping it will expand her awareness and thinking in a similar fashion. I honestly couldnt think of a better first story to get her hooked. Patriot shall be next, or maybe One Second After.

Anywho... I wanted to share.
EB

robsdak
09-19-2013, 02:10 AM
i would think the first draft? of Patriots? by John Wesley Rawles. i downloaded and printed it back in 99'? sent him $30 bucks for his efforts. very good read. i tried to read it at least once every couple of years, but have lost both the printed and 3.5" floppy copies in the last move.

working title may have been TEOTWAWKI ???

Sniper-T
09-19-2013, 02:16 AM
kudo's on lights out. that's the only 'prepper book I've gotten the wife to read, an it serves as a basis for comparisons, of every day idiot life that we see in our travels.

next, I would give her 'one second after'...

bacpacker
09-19-2013, 11:49 AM
One second after wod be my pick. It is a very true to life secnario of how things could go in an event like that.

I gotta read lights out. Haven't lpicked that one up yet.

ElevenBravo
09-19-2013, 11:48 PM
LO is a fab read! OSA is the next one, maybe Patriots... either way its a win win read.

After those, I think she will be wanting to buy ammo and MREs with your xmas money! HA HA!

EB