PDA

View Full Version : U.N. Arms Treaty

Stg1swret
09-25-2013, 11:51 AM
Just a heads up, this is going to be the new agenda. Expect executive orders to make an end around run to make this actually happen, since the Senate must ratify all treaties to make them enforceable.

John Kerry to Sign UN Arms Trade Treaty Wednesday
Katie Pavlich | Sep 25, 2013

Secretary of State John Kerry is expected to sign the UN Arms Trade Treaty sometime Wednesday after opposition from Americans and the National Rifle Association. More from Reuters:

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, in a move that puts the Obama administration at odds with the powerful American gun lobby, will sign the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty regulating the $70 billion international conventional arms business, diplomats said on Tuesday.

A senior State Department official said President Barack Obama's administration would notify the U.S. Senate on Tuesday and Kerry would sign the treaty on Wednesday on the sidelines of the annual U.N. General Assembly in New York.
In order to be put into full effect, the treaty must be ratified by the U.S. Senate, which won't happen, but that doesn't mean Second Amendment supporters don't have anything to worry about.
On June 29, 130 Republican House members sent a letter to President Obama and Secretary Clinton arguing that the proposed treaty infringes on the “fundamental, individual right to keep and bear arms”. The letter charges that “…the U.N.’s actions to date indicate that the ATT is likely to pose significant threats to our national security, foreign policy, and economic interests as well as our constitutional rights.” The lawmakers adamantly insist that the U.S. Government has no right to support a treaty that violates the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Democrats have accused Republicans of making this a political issue, maintaining that the treaty poses no Second Amendment threat. Others, such as former U.N. ambassador John Bolton, caution gun owners to take this initiative seriously. He believes that the U.N. “is trying to act as though this is really just a treaty about international arms trade between nation states, but there is no doubt that the real agenda here is domestic firearms control.”

Stock up now, you may not get another chance. The Obama administration is showing its true colors, and they aren't Red, White and Blue.

Stormfeather
09-26-2013, 01:37 AM
I was reading how he did sign it, was watching to see how much movement this had all day, that and how much exposure this would get in the MSM. Obviously it didnt get much, but the nation is watching, even if the press isnt.

bacpacker
09-26-2013, 02:00 AM
Intentional NON-REPORTING.

Stormfeather
09-26-2013, 02:32 AM
yup, thats the way Im looking at it. When MSM has a choice between reporting a news story like leaked security cam video of a man who goes on a shooting spree in the navy yard, versus a dry "non-topic" like Sec of State signing a treaty that more than likely wont pass the Senate, you know exactly where they are going to go, with the thing that brings in ratings.

ak474u
09-26-2013, 06:05 PM
yup, thats the way Im looking at it. When MSM has a choice between reporting a news story like leaked security cam video of a man who goes on a shooting spree in the navy yard, versus a dry "non-topic" like Sec of State signing a treaty that more than likely wont pass the Senate, you know exactly where they are going to go, with the thing that brings in ratings.

Keep in mind though, the shooting video helps advance the agenda of gun control, so it dovetails into the arms treaty.

ditchmedic
09-26-2013, 06:56 PM
Im not convinced that even IF ratified, this does anything more than puts the US governemnt out of the arms dealing business. Even then there is no penalty, so I doubt it even does that.

Grumpy Old Man
09-29-2013, 06:59 PM
Panic now and stock up! Avoid the rush!

ElevenBravo
09-29-2013, 08:47 PM
Yup, eyeballed another WASR (like I need another? Well, I do... one for me one for daughter...) at the LGS today, looks like lay a way time!

EB

izzyscout21
09-30-2013, 12:29 AM
Panic now and stock up! Avoid the rush!

Aw hell..... The panic never stopped here. Ive not seen ammo in a long, long time

greg48
10-01-2013, 08:37 PM
ammo is slowly coming back on the shelves here, the 223 and 308 etc...yet the 22 rds is still very sparse? i was very suprised to see Rural King stores [despite the MSM anti-gun crap] start selling fire arms, a very nice selection.

Stormfeather
10-01-2013, 09:03 PM
ammo is slowly coming back on the shelves here, the 223 and 308 etc...yet the 22 rds is still very sparse? i was very suprised to see Rural King stores [despite the MSM anti-gun crap] start selling fire arms, a very nice selection.

We've got ammo all over in my area. .22 is still available as its always been. The prices have risen a bit, but it is still available.

bacpacker
10-01-2013, 10:33 PM
There is very little .22 around here, but most other rounds are available althought quantities are very limited in .308, 9mm, & .45. Prices are still much higher than it was, but it is gradually coming down. Reloading supplies are starting to show up as well.

Sniper-T
10-03-2013, 12:36 AM
oddly enough, Canada is actively fighting the UN over this, refusing to sign on board

google it, and you can find sign up pages to support our fight against Obama and the UN.

It will only help you guys too...