PDA

View Full Version : Meet Recce

izzyscout21
10-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Well, its been a long time coming, but my family finally got a huge prep......

meet Recce. :)

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx288/2crgrunt/null_zps2c81293f.jpg

For those thst are curious, the definition and pronunciation:

Recce /ˈrɛkiː/ may refer to:

Reconnaissance, military scouting
SEAL Recon Rifle, a rifle used by US Navy SEALs also called the Recce Rifle

Recce is a Dutch Shepherd. Very similar to a German, but the breed doesnt tend to grow as big. Recce is 15 weeks old, and is already showing me that she is highly intelligent. She has been in our home for about a week now. Honestly, shes probably the most well behaved puppy ive ever seen. She is watchful and obedient, and has already proven to be protective of my family, especially my kids, all while maintaing a very sweet and even keel demeanor.

she goes everywhere with us, very rarely being on a leash. When a strange person approaches, she doesnt show aggression, but very quickly positions herself between my kids and the stranger and watches until I greet them or they pass.

of course, in true Izzy fasion, i had to experiment. She is not gunshy in the least, and stays by my side during firing strings.

She has quite the nose and prey drive, so im considering getting her into schutzhund activities to develop and take advantage of those instincts.

im excited to have her as part of the family and expect her to be a great addition to our family.

bacpacker
10-12-2013, 07:10 PM
Great lookin dag. I know the kids are excited to have her.

Twitchy
10-12-2013, 08:50 PM
Awesome pup you got there izzy!!!

Grumpy Old Man
10-12-2013, 10:02 PM
God created dogs to teach us unconditional love, Horses to teach us trust and partnership and cats...to teach us to deal with rejection!LOL! What a great looking alert pup she is. I'm sure she will teach you many things Izzy, like to turn around three times before laying down. She's a sweetie. She's got the Official Grumpy Seal of Approval!

helomech
10-13-2013, 04:02 AM
Great looking pup.

Katrina
10-13-2013, 06:18 AM
she's beautiful congrats.

ladyhk13
10-13-2013, 09:23 PM
Oh my what big ears she has!! I'm Glad she's a she or Panzer would not allow her to visit. Really pretty markings on her. So....what languages will she be learning?? :)

Stormfeather
10-14-2013, 04:12 PM
Good looking dog there, I bet she will be a great addition to the Izzy household!

eagle326
10-14-2013, 10:06 PM
Izzy ; you never cease to amaze me. One fine looking dog and I also like it's instincts towards family. As Grumpy said ; you have our seal of approval.

izzyscout21
10-14-2013, 11:47 PM
Oh my what big ears she has!! I'm Glad she's a she or Panzer would not allow her to visit. Really pretty markings on her. So....what languages will she be learning?? :)

All commands and swearwords are in German...... Just so the kids dont pick them up as fast. :) i hast a potty mouth sometimes.....

izzyscout21
10-14-2013, 11:48 PM

And those ears are like radar dishes. She picks up on everything.

msomnipotent
10-16-2013, 12:50 AM
Beautiful!

Gunfixr
10-20-2013, 01:51 PM
Very nice. Another great find.

Congrats.

arthurstjames
10-20-2013, 08:05 PM
:) good one indeed

izzyscout21
10-21-2013, 08:17 PM
http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx288/2crgrunt/null_zps1a20ac08.jpg

bacpacker
10-21-2013, 08:37 PM
Awesome pic bro!

ElevenBravo
10-21-2013, 08:53 PM
Somewhere.... Ive got a CD set of German commands for Schutzund... I used them for my dogs, before I had to let them go (another long story), my black Lab/Shep mix was good on the sleeve... the others, just good companion dogs. (More on that later).

So, got the trust of the landlord where we are now and got Tequila from the pound. Old habits die hard, shes trained in German too...

Which... Brings me to a "Heres your sign" moment when my did while once visiting (the one time he did in several years, which is ANOTHER story), heard me give Teq a command in German... and he asked "She knows German??". Doah!

Great dog, teach it young... but your probably know that.

For a quick reference, this is real good..
http://anacapaworkingdogs.com/Training_Commands.htm

EB

- - - Updated - - -

This one had good links to audio files...

http://www.fundyschutzhund.ca/schutzhund_commands.php

EB