PDA

View Full Version : Meat Glue the Meat Industries Dirty Little Secret

Taz Baby
10-20-2013, 01:45 PM
(Copied and pasted)
OMGosh This is awful

What is Meat Glue?

"Meat glue is an enzyme called transglutaminase. Some meat glues are produced through the cultivation of bacteria, while others are made from the blood plasma of pigs and cows, specifically the coagulant that makes blood clot.

When sprinkled on a protein, such as beef, it forms cross-linked, insoluble protein polymers that essentially acts like a super-glue, binding the pieces together with near invisible seams. The glue-covered meat is rolled up in plastic film, followed by refrigeration. Some manufacturers have gotten so proficient in the practice that even an expert butcher can't tell the difference between a piece of prime beef and one that's been glued together with bits and pieces of scraps!

http://www.healthy-holistic-living.com/meat-glue.html

izzyscout21
10-20-2013, 09:01 PM
ew.....

Sniper-T
10-20-2013, 10:05 PM
search cant find it... but I remember this coming up about a year ago.

and ya... ew!

ElevenBravo
10-20-2013, 11:06 PM
So, Elmers school glue is the new protein replacement??

EB

helomech
10-20-2013, 11:54 PM
Sure glad I don't buy any meat, except for the few times a year I buy hamburger meat.

Taz Baby
10-21-2013, 12:07 AM
Yea it has been around for a few years but they are really using it now. And if that
doesn't make you sick then check out vitro meat or test tube meat. I knew about all this but do you really think that is what we are buying from the store? It makes me wonder when I buy a steak and it tastes like it has been soaked in water and is funny smelling. Just saying to watch out when you eat out that's all.

2die4
10-21-2013, 03:39 AM
Well now I'll be looking at my t-bone a little differently.

Stormfeather
10-21-2013, 07:43 AM
ewww.... is there no end to companies making a buck by being scandalous?

Taz Baby
10-21-2013, 02:01 PM
I think that if you can find a store that has a butcher in it, then that might be a better place to buy meat. Because it has to come off the animal verses already packaged and the store just re wraps it with their stickers on it. That is if you can not raise your own meat, buy the whole animal and have it butchered or hunt. I for one am going to find a farm that I can buy the animal and then take it to a butcher and have it processed. Providing the farm does not feed their animals store bought grains and feed and does not use hormone growths and such. I would much rather pay a high price than to be killing myself off before my time with all the craps they are putting it this stuff they call meat and food.

helomech
10-21-2013, 02:11 PM
I think that if you can find a store that has a butcher in it, then that might be a better place to buy meat. Because it has to come off the animal verses already packaged and the store just re wraps it with their stickers on it. That is if you can not raise your own meat, buy the whole animal and have it butchered or hunt. I for one am going to find a farm that I can buy the animal and then take it to a butcher and have it processed. Providing the farm does not feed their animals store bought grains and feed and does not use hormone growths and such. I would much rather pay a high price than to be killing myself off before my time with all the craps they are putting it this stuff they call meat and food.

The problem with a lot of butchers is that you may not get your meat back. Say you bring in 100 lb carcass. A butcher knows that he will get about 33 lbs of meat off that. He then gets all the stuff people brought in and makes x number of hamburger, x number of steaks, and so on. He then gives you 33 lbs of meat. It may or may not be what you brought in. That is why I never let someone process my kills for me.

Taz Baby
10-21-2013, 02:26 PM
The problem with a lot of butchers is that you may not get your meat back. Say you bring in 100 lb carcass. A butcher knows that he will get about 33 lbs of meat off that. He then gets all the stuff people brought in and makes x number of hamburger, x number of steaks, and so on. He then gives you 33 lbs of meat. It may or may not be what you brought in. That is why I never let someone process my kills for me.

Yes that is true and that is where you have to get to know the butcher, ask neighbors, friends about the butcher. It is sad that you can't trust a mans word these days anymore, and a hand shake is not a sealed deal either. So if you can hunt, process and store your meat, then start doing it. If you can't, all you can do is trust someone or stand there watching them. Why can't it just go back to the Gunsmoke days or the Little House on the Prairie days where neighbors helped each other and you paid the Dr. with a chicken or a pie. Guess I am going to have to make my own little town with family and friends. Maybe call it Tazville.

Sniper-T
10-21-2013, 09:45 PM
You're more than welcome to move on up to Sniper-ville.