PDA

View Full Version : Her first winter camp

ElevenBravo
11-02-2013, 12:02 AM
Well, its time for her first winter camp. Temp forecase is about 42, so I suspect temps in the mountains will be about 35... Not as cold as I had hoped for... but I already took vacation today for tomorrow's overnight camp so Ill have to take it as it comes.

So, I got her her own Grand Trunk hammock, I got two new sleeping bags, cheap $18 Stansport versions for using as underquits, running USGI intermediate sleeping bags... Camo tarps from Harbor Freight, running Coleman camp lanterns and camp stove off white gas... Will have 357 on me at all times with Hill People kit bag, even when I sleep.. Will have SKS suspended over me in the hammock for added security...

I have a few activities planned for the trip... Honestly I cant wait for bed time, I know Ill sleep like a new born baby! (I hate sleeping on the ground)/

This will be her first hammock camp, so I hope she will enjoy it all..

Ill have video when I get back, will post here...

EB

RedJohn
11-05-2013, 12:37 PM
I must have missed an episode somewhere. Who's "her"?

Sniper-T
11-05-2013, 09:42 PM
lol

I've been wondering the same thing.

bacpacker
11-05-2013, 10:51 PM
My $ is on the daughter. But I have been wrong this year, once!
:)

Sniper-T
11-05-2013, 10:53 PM
and what were you wrong at, carrying over the thousandths column in your wrong count? :p

bacpacker
11-05-2013, 10:54 PM
Dam you caught me.

Sniper-T
11-05-2013, 10:55 PM
lol!

Stormfeather
11-05-2013, 11:25 PM
and what were you wrong at, carrying over the thousandths column in your wrong count? :p

HAHAH! ohhh snap, got green tea coming out of my nose!!!

- - - Updated - - -

So did the Daughter make it thru the weekend ok?

Domeguy
11-05-2013, 11:37 PM
Yes, it is his daughter. I sent her some ammo to train with a couple of months ago.

ElevenBravo
11-09-2013, 03:02 AM
Yeah, daughter... Havent got to shoot the ammo yet Dome, were taking it next range trip.. The entire tray is hers.

It got a little too cold, the damn inexpensive sleeping bags I got to use as hammock underquits were NOT sufficient and to top it off I had a terrible headache that would not go away, so we packed up in the dark and came home. Ill try to post video of what we DID get to do... Had a good time, but next time some 2" sleeping pads and bivy bags will be used. It was quite a chore teaching her to get in a hammock and THEN get in a bag. Everything is a lot easier when your ON the ground, but I sleep best in a hammock.

EB