PDA

View Full Version : Aljazeera America?

helomech
11-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Not sure where to put this thread, but channel 215 is now Aljazeera America. What is up with that?

Possom
11-06-2013, 01:44 PM
They bought out current tv from al gore. I refuse to watch it just because of the influence of the Middle East on their reporting. Then again the majority of news on the television is propaganda these days anyway. Just depends on who you want to get your propaganda from.

Sniper-T
11-06-2013, 01:54 PM
we're getting more and more channels like that here too. Strange, I don't remember getting any rebates on my satelite bill for the channels that I am paying for yet can no longer watch.

Stormfeather
11-06-2013, 06:47 PM
While I understand your feelings, remember that you can gather intel on mindsets by watching what "they" do. I make it a daily habit of checking "Al Geez" as well as BBC, and other international MSM's. It allows me to see what they world is seeing, not just what CONUS is seeing.

izzyscout21
11-06-2013, 10:55 PM
I actually tune in every so often just to see whats getting spewed.
FWIW, i also tine into CCTV (central china news network) every so often.

bacpacker
11-06-2013, 11:57 PM
I to watch BBC and AJ news. They tell different stories along with the stuff MSN puts out. Sometimes the way it's spun gives a different look at the same story.

ladyhk13
11-07-2013, 12:47 AM
This is kind of a sore spot with me. Al Gore refused to not only sell his station to Glenn Beck but wouldn't even accept a bid from him. He said he wanted to sell to someone with the same 'values' as his. So he sells it to a known terrorist backed station that airs for FREE to spew its shit here in America while I have to pay for NatGeo and any number of good ol American stations. I refuse to turn that station on in my house...why? Because every American that watches it creates ratings for that station. Ratings for that station means that terrorist Muslim piece of shit stays on and in our country. I will not be a willing party to bringing that trash to America. I cringe every time I see one of their commercials full of their slanted truth. Look up the word taqiyya or read http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/170073093#fullscreen and never trust the motives of what they say and do. Sorry, just makes my blood boil.

Stormfeather
11-10-2013, 04:13 PM
LadyHK, I fully understand where you are coming from, trust me when I say I do. And I agree fully 100% as well! I take a different approach to it, because while I have the same emotional response you do, I also view it as a portal into what else goes on in the world. and as a FYI, I was a talking about "Awww-Jeez-Maa" the non-US version, im watch the one put out overseas, not the one that is shown as an American network with American programming. That channel is about as bad as the Oprah Winfrey Network as far as I am concerned.

ladyhk13
11-10-2013, 07:12 PM
I agree that if you watch the one that is actually aired over in the Arab nations you will see the actual news they are spewing to their own people but this thread was about the American version so that is what I responded to.

What they are trying to do with the American version is make them sound like they are harmless, normal people just like us. The want us to think they are giving us the other side of the story that our own news won't tell us so that our people will start to trust them as they worm their way into our system and indoctrinate the viewers. The more Americans they can get to watch it and then come over to their side the better for them. Most Sheeple will do so without a thought.

David Armstrong
11-12-2013, 07:23 PM
Every news group is biased these days, be it Al Jazeera, MSNBC, Fox News, CNN, LPB or mainstream. People tend to watch what they already agree with. Personally I do like Stormfeather and try to pull in info from multiple sources then try to make sense of it. Some of the most dishonest stuff on the tube today comes from the far right as well as the far left and plenty of the so-called Christian broadcasts are as misleading and propaganda filled as is the Al Jaz stuff. Just need to keep that in mind that all of them are questionable in different ways like Possum said.

MegaCPC
11-16-2013, 05:51 AM
I don't watch TV, so I'd probably never see it anyway.

That said, I read the news online, from far left to far right and most stuff in between. I'm assuming that Aljazeera America is probably the same as any other modern reporting agency, biased and absent of straight facts.

nevermind
11-17-2013, 11:57 PM
I turned off the cable TV because of too much liberalism. I do occasionally hit their website to see what is going on in their society. Their culture and religion produces thoughts and concepts which seem very radical to Americans.