PDA

View Full Version : Veterans Day

mitunnelrat
11-11-2013, 12:09 PM
"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." -John Fitzgerald Kennedy

I'm going to twist things a bit this morning. I expect that I, as every other veteran here, will hear many thanks today, and I will take nothing away from any of that. What I will say though is this:

Thank everyone here, veteran or not, for not just uttering words, but living by them, for JFK's words ring true. I am honored and blessed to stand alongside each and every one of you.

eagle326
11-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Don't believe I could of said it any better Tunnel Rat.
I salute all my fellow Ants for their steadfastness and brother/sister hood.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
11-12-2013, 01:20 AM
Happy Veteran's Day you two, Proud to have served with you.

eagle326
11-12-2013, 01:39 AM
Happy Veteran's Day you two, Proud to have served with you.

Back to you bro.

bacpacker
11-12-2013, 01:41 AM
While not a vet, please believe me when I say this. I thank each and everyone of you who have served and sacrificed for this country! It is much appreceiated.

Stormfeather
11-12-2013, 02:49 AM
I posted this today on my facebook, because I wanted to do a little something different!

On this Veterans Day, I wanted to do something a little different than usual. Today on Veterans Day I want to say, as a soldier, I appreciate what you folks do for us, and we are always grateful. But sometimes, there's a group of people who get lost in the mix, that's the support structure we Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, and Airmen have those other 364 days a year. So today, Im honoring not only my fellow warriors, but I'm honoring the wives, the mom's, dad's, the friends, that person who couldn't join, yet feels the yearning every day in his/her heart, down to those folks at the USO. I feel so awkward when somebody thanks me for my service, yet I have no compunction thanking them for their support. Each and every one of you, I honor you today. It is because of you folks, that I am reminded the real reason behind what I do each and every day.
So please do me a favor warriors, pass this on to your support network, let them know we appreciate all they do for us, even when its not a federal holiday. They don't take our sacrifice for granted, lets not take them for granted either.

MegaCPC
11-12-2013, 05:22 AM
A big thank you(!) to all that have served past and present.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb146/megacpc/AmericanFlag_zps0498f922.jpg (http://s210.photobucket.com/user/megacpc/media/AmericanFlag_zps0498f922.jpg.html)

eagle326
11-12-2013, 12:40 PM
Outstanding post Stormy. Another great way to look at Veterans Day.
Those in the shadows and background are the base from which we stand and defend. Thanks for giving this old boy another way to look at this day.

Salute brother: