PDA

View Full Version : Obama care how would it change your lives?

muzz24
11-22-2013, 10:20 PM
Hi everyone I would like to know out of interest how this would effect tthe average citizen ,and do you think it is a sign of more things to come?

From what I understand its basically nationalisation of your medical insurance industry, which is never a good idea. We have something similar in the pipeline over here

Murray

bacpacker
11-22-2013, 10:32 PM
Huge cost increase for the individual. Huge take over of 1/6th of our economy by the .gov. Loss of coverage and choice of what Dr you can use.

Nothing good I can see coming from it.

ak474u
11-22-2013, 10:36 PM
My insurance went up $65/mo total, not as bad as others are getting hit, and I get to keep it until Nov. 2014 before I have to change policies. Lots of people are gonna suffer. I've always believed we could easily take care of people with catastrophic illnesses who don't have insurance by just cutting off funding of foreign aid to countries that hate us, and help our own citizens. Of course, that makes sense, so it will never happen.

David Armstrong
11-22-2013, 11:59 PM
Didn't change much for me as I'm on an employer-sponsored plan. The changes that have impacted us so far have been good. No lifetime cap, no denial due to pre-existing conditions, and the ability to keep my daughter on the policy after she graduated. I'm uncomfortable with the concept and not at all sure this is the right way to fix it but given the state of U.S. health care compared with many other parts of the world I'm all for trying to fix the system, it is clearly broken.

muzz24
11-23-2013, 12:43 AM
it is pretty much the same idea as ours and there are better ways of achieving the same goal but as ak474u says they wont be used.
our n.h.i as its called isnt law yet but there are pilot projects running and it will be law in a year or two. thanks for answering my question

MegaCPC
11-23-2013, 03:24 AM
Currently unaffected, but I expect that to change.:mad:

I think that the U.S. has more of a health problem, rather than a healthcare problem. Not liking where this seems to be leading.

ditchmedic
11-23-2013, 05:21 AM
Im on an employer supplied plan and we havent had changes.

The real problem will be getting a paycheck since healthcare is my job