PDA

View Full Version : SHTF-Ready Gift Exchange?

Stormfeather
12-11-2013, 09:07 PM
Has anyone ever thought of doing a gift exchange on here? Simply, everyone interested puts their name on a list, and somebody draws out names and we do a gift exchange? It can easily be limited to a small dollar amount so as to not break the bank, and everyone interested can even put down a "wish-list" by their name so the person who draws them can have an idea of what to get?

Anyone interested?

ETA:
Names of People In So Far. . .and what they would possibly be interested in

1- Grumpy Old Man
2- Stormfeather (Cheap Headlamp for oldest sons GHB, or Water Filtration, or Firestarting )
3- 2Die4 (prepper or tactical items)
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-

ElevenBravo
12-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Cool idea, not sure about the logistics... but Im interested!

EB

apssbc
12-12-2013, 12:07 AM
Everyone who wants to do it can say their in. Then some how all the names need to be paired together randomly. Then the shipping info can be exchanged and taken from there. We could set a limit.

I think it's a great idea.

Grumpy Old Man
12-12-2013, 01:44 AM
I'm in folks!

Brownwater Riverrat 13
12-12-2013, 03:03 AM
Dude! Wadda you nuts? My wife's going nuts just with her own Christmas list and you want to start some sort of SECRET SANTA SHIT! You're a braver man than I thought............I can't make this decision without her permission..................sniff, sniff. Here hold my little girly balls. I gotta go home..............at's all I got.

Stormfeather
12-12-2013, 05:24 AM
OK. . . on that note BWRR. . . we will wait for confirmation from HH-6 upon T.R.O.T.* of whether you and HH-6 want to join in!

So lets set the ground rules in stone. . .

1- $20.00 limit unless YOU want to spend more. since we are "Preppers", lets make the gifts prepper-oriented!
2- Each person handles shipping on their end.
3- Since its close to Xmas, if your package doesnt get their by Xmas Day. . . Deal with it, we're all big kids here.
4- If you're in, please say you are in exactly like Grumpy Old Man did, simple. . .easy.
5- Name draw will be done Sunday Night @ 2100 (9:00 pm) Wisconsin time. Thats deadline for adding name as well.
6- If you want to give your Secret Santa an idea of what you would like, so be it. (EXAMPLE: I would be interested in water filtration, or first aid or fire starting. . .) If you choose not to, then you could be getting who knows what!!! It could be the perfect opportunity to re-gift that ugly sweater under the guise of warm clothing in for a GHB!
7- In case of ODD number of people, I will take a secondary gift name and send out 2 gifts instead of 1.
8- I will update the list twice daily for adding names until 9:00pm Sunday.

Its the xmas season folks, lets not make it complicated, and above all, lets have fun with it ok!

Oh, and for BWRR. . .

* (Tactical Recovery Of Testicles)

I will update the list in each of my posts!

ETA:

1- Grumpy Old Man
2- Stormfeather (Cheap Headlamp for oldest sons GHB, or Water Filtration, or Firestarting )
4- APSSBC
5- DomeGuy
6- SniperT
7- BrownWaterRiverRat
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-

Brownwater Riverrat 13
12-12-2013, 12:17 PM
I really do try to stand up to her but I built her this stool and now she can look me in the eye and ....it's it's..........scary man, I just don't want to end up like her Uncle Joe. .......poor bastard, she made a "mint" off of'em though..........duh.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3681/fex8.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/21/fex8.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

2die4
12-12-2013, 04:45 PM
I'll play. Count me in for anything Prepper/tactical related.

apssbc
12-12-2013, 06:22 PM
I'm in

Domeguy
12-12-2013, 07:23 PM
Count me in to pleeeeeeze. I say pleeeeeeze because if it gets back home, I'm in it with BWRR. I'll be in the cat house, and no the good kind. And BR, I finally found where she hides the safe keys. I can't use my balls, because that would be too obvious. So I thought maybe for a day or to, maybe you old hold my balls for me.

ElevenBravo
12-12-2013, 08:19 PM
BRR,
I found your testicles for you...

There in here....

http://modernvintageman.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/purse-1.jpg

HA HA HA!

Not to worry, I got grilled about "where did all the money go" here about 5 minutes ago.

Im going to ask for mine back in a day or two after the steam settles. :-)

EB

Sniper-T
12-12-2013, 11:30 PM
as long as people are ok with it being late, I'm in. chances of getting it on time from Canada are slim to nil by about now...

ladyhk13
12-13-2013, 12:02 AM
Ok, just so you know I have NEVER told him he couldn't buy something he wanted. He has his own checking account that I don't even look at. I have no idea how much money there is in there nor do I care. He saw the movie "The Heat" and has been itching to use that line ever since and boy did this thread open the door for that (y'all gotta see that movie...sooooo funny).

If he wants to play Secret Santa he is more than welcome. I just don't have time to add more on my plate and have some health issues I'm dealing with right now.

So, I do hereby release his Manly Balls to have fun with the boys. But whoever gets him make sure ya send something that I can use ;)

Grumpy Old Man
12-13-2013, 01:09 AM
Done and done Sweetie! You two have a Merry Christmas from ol' Grumpy high BP!

ladyhk13
12-13-2013, 01:50 AM
Merry Christmas back Grumps! I hope it's wonderful and filled with joy, happiness and health.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
12-13-2013, 02:31 AM
FOUND'EM! Them old ol'puckered puppys were snuggled up next to my "Fuckawee" warmin in the sun. Maybe that was shrivelin in the cold I'm not sure which.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2982/ky6b.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/32/ky6b.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

I'm in! I'm in! OK what are we doing again?

Stormfeather
12-13-2013, 02:52 AM

1- Grumpy Old Man
4- APSSBC
5- DomeGuy
6- SniperT
7- BrownWaterRiverRat
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-

Gunfixr
12-14-2013, 12:57 AM
Oh, what the hell, I'll play.

I don't need balls. It's not like I have a use for them.

Don't know what I need. Well, I do, but it's out of the budget, so I'll take what I get.

Stormfeather
12-14-2013, 04:53 PM
updated list!

names of people in so far. . .and what they would possibly be interested in

1- grumpy old man
2- stormfeather (cheap headlamp for oldest sons ghb, or water filtration, or firestarting )
3- 2die4 (prepper or tactical items)
4- apssbc
5- domeguy
6- snipert
7- brownwaterriverrat
8- gunfixr
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-

Stormfeather
12-15-2013, 11:24 PM
2.5 Hours left. . . please get in now while you still have a chance!

1- grumpy old man
2- stormfeather (cheap headlamp for oldest sons ghb, or water filtration, or firestarting )
3- 2die4 (prepper or tactical items)
4- apssbc
5- domeguy
6- snipert
7- brownwaterriverrat
8- gunfixr
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-

Brownwater Riverrat 13
12-15-2013, 11:32 PM
Oh as far as the gift goes, practical, tactical, prepperably pleasing. Thank you whomever.

Stormfeather
12-16-2013, 02:09 AM
And this years Secret Santa's are. . . . .

grumpy old man & 2Die4
Stormfeather & BWRR
GunFixr & APSSBC
Sniper-T & Domeguy

So. . .send a PM and get their address, or if you already have it, then by all means, go ahead and send them a gift!

After Xmas, we can update this thread with the cool gifts we got from each other!

Merry Xmas Folks!

Metrocruiser
12-18-2013, 12:29 AM
Im late. Poop :/ missed it. .

Merry x mas all shtfers

Gunfixr
12-19-2013, 02:58 AM
My gift ships tomorrow, should arrive in time.
Got it as quick as I could, it's been crazy lately. Just found out my dad has cancer, stage 4 non-hodgkins lymphoma. Been going to doctors many days a week. Just started back with a chiropractor after more than a few years away, so several times a week. Wife's best friend from nursing school just passed away after a 5yr battle with thyroid cancer.

I have yet to get to work this week at all, should get there tomorrow and Saturday.

apssbc
12-19-2013, 03:38 AM
I'll be shipping tomorrow or Friday depending on work. Sorry to hear about the rough week ginfixr. Prayers out to you and yours!

Stormfeather
12-20-2013, 12:05 AM
Sorry to hear about all the homefront health issues, my thoughts go out to you and your family this holiday season brother.

Oh yea, BWRR. . .that Megapack of Extenze is on the way, Merry Xmas!

Brownwater Riverrat 13
12-20-2013, 01:47 AM
You are in our thoughts and prayers Gunfixr.

And uh....Hey, I didn't ask for that stuff! WTFO, everybody thinks they're sooooooooo smart, don't stand to close to a naked man.........

Gunfixr
12-20-2013, 01:34 PM
Thanks to all for the wishes. Off today, more appts.
Got it sent yesterday.
I think apssbc will be pleasantly surprised, at least with part of it.

apssbc
12-20-2013, 05:32 PM
I'm sure I'll be surprises with any and all of it. I hope you are as well and can put them to good use. Well know by Monday :)

apssbc
12-24-2013, 05:09 PM
My gift arrived today!!! Many thanks Gunfixr I'm so excited.

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu198/emmettfire45/425775E1-1630-45F8-98A5-65C8F87D5473_zps3o7ikpsk.jpg (http://s647.photobucket.com/user/emmettfire45/media/425775E1-1630-45F8-98A5-65C8F87D5473_zps3o7ikpsk.jpg.html)

Grumpy Old Man
12-25-2013, 04:57 PM
I shipped mine Monday the 23rd. I've been ocupied with health issues this last month, so my apologies 2Die4, but you should have it tomorrow.

Gunfixr
12-25-2013, 05:22 PM
Received mine yesterday. Opened it this morning with the rest. My wife was eager to see what I got, as she had seen what I sent.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k31/Gunfixr/2013-12-25141104_zps0cde2574.jpg (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/Gunfixr/media/2013-12-25141104_zps0cde2574.jpg.html)

Sniper-T
12-25-2013, 05:39 PM
Nothing in the mail as of yesterday, so I'll check again after new years. Canada post sucks!

2die4
12-26-2013, 04:54 AM
I shipped mine Monday the 23rd. I've been ocupied with health issues this last month, so my apologies 2Die4, but you should have it tomorrow.

No worries Grumpy. Hope you feel better. Did you get mine?

Brownwater Riverrat 13
12-26-2013, 12:05 PM
Got mine in plenty-o-time. I had to sit and stare at the box for a few days. Stormy got me a "Life Straw". Great gift man I really needed one of those! I've spent my Christmas wrapped up in blankets with the flu thanks to those damn kids! Been hidin in the corner the last few days. But at least I know everyone got their bellies full.

OH, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE seeings I missed it. and thank you Stormy for the wonderful gift.

Grumpy Old Man
12-26-2013, 11:02 PM
I got mine Last Friday and opened it yesterday and got a swedish firesteel and a box of fatwood. Thanks a bunch 2Die4. That is something I will definitely use.

Stormfeather
12-27-2013, 02:53 AM
BWRR hooked me up with a headlamp that I was needing and some wetfire tinder! Awesome gifts and thanks BWRR! I hope you are feeling better!

BWRR - was there a letter enclosed in the gift? I had my son package it up, and told him about the letter, he cant remember if it was in there or not, and he cant find it!

Brownwater Riverrat 13
12-27-2013, 12:34 PM
Nah, not really. Just a note telling you all to have a Merry Christmas. Hoped you liked to stuff, you know that kinda junk. Glad you liked it. Looked like a good head lamp.

Guess he swiped the bore brushes for himself huh? Figured you could always use extra bore brushes, guess he did............:cool:

Stormfeather
12-28-2013, 04:57 AM
Nah, not really. Just a note telling you all to have a Merry Christmas. Hoped you liked to stuff, you know that kinda junk. Glad you liked it. Looked like a good head lamp.

Guess he swiped the bore brushes for himself huh? Figured you could always use extra bore brushes, guess he did............:cool:

hahah! Yea, he told me there was bore brushes in there and he put them in his cleaning kit! The little shit! He forgot the nice long letter I wrote with all the sappy holiday greetings in it! Ah well, I guess since its all in common use gear, its ok! Once again, thanks!

Brownwater Riverrat 13
12-28-2013, 03:41 PM
hahah! Yea, he told me there was bore brushes in there and he put them in his cleaning kit! The little shit! He forgot the nice long letter I wrote with all the sappy holiday greetings in it! Ah well, I guess since its all in common use gear, its ok! Once again, thanks!

We reap what we sow eh? And we missed out on the mushy letter from you.........golly, that sucks. We could have seen the feminine side of you, would have made a nice incriminating post........damn.

ladyhk13
12-28-2013, 09:21 PM
We reap what we sow eh? And we missed out on the mushy letter from you.........golly, that sucks. We could have seen the feminine side of you, would have made a nice incriminating post........damn.

Darn, and I missed it! The kid saved you!

Stormfeather
12-28-2013, 11:20 PM
Not really, it was a simple letter thanking you and Lady H&K from HH-6 and I, thanking you for all the friendship, and good times on the forum, and the wife saying thank your Mrs for making her feel welcome to the forum. I signed it in blood from a albino yak to erase all signs of mushiness.

2die4
12-29-2013, 03:04 AM
http://s23.postimg.org/448a35o9n/knife.jpg My present from Grumpy. Thank you grumpy! Definitely will put to this to good use in my EDC bag.

Sniper-T
01-07-2014, 09:46 PM
Just got mine from Dome guy today!!!

Sweet little EDC knife almost identical in style to the one that I broke just before X-mas.

too awesome!

Thanks Domeguy!

and a nice card too, from the dome-clan!

:)

Domeguy
02-07-2014, 10:05 AM
I feel so bad. I thought I had already posted this, but I must have screwed up. I want to thank Sniper-T for his Christmas gift to me. It arrived to me on the same day he got his from from me. I was feeling a bit down that day, and spent most of the day just wandering around the house for some reason. I didn't even feel like making any dinner for myself. About 4pm, I drove down to get the mail, and to my surprise , there was a package for me from our neighbor to the north, Canada. I was pleased to find a shot gloss with the flag of Canada embossed on it, two small bottles of Canadian Mist, and best of all, a bottle in the shape of a maple leaf containing 100% pure maple syrup. My mood suddenly changed, and I ran into the kitchen to get the griddle hot and started mixing up the pancake batter. Oh, the syrup was soooooo good, and I was in the best of moods all night as I opened a bottle of the Canadian Mist, and drank a toast to you. It was the perfect gift at the perfect time, thank you very much Snipper -T.

Sniper-T
02-08-2014, 03:18 PM
Thanks Domeguy, I'm glad you liked it! was a little worried. lol