PDA

View Full Version : Ready for a good laugh? Trash can tornado shelter...

ElevenBravo
01-08-2014, 05:46 PM
Okay, so this video just might have some merit.. below ground shelter is better than laying in a bath tub in a f'in trailer...

Anywho, this lady is dead serious, 100% subscribed to the project, which makes it even MORE hilarious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPfcqZjcO7s

Believe it or not, I found this comedy piece by accident.

EB

Sniper-T
01-08-2014, 09:26 PM
given the glass and debris that would be around after a tornado, I think she should have taken her shoes in with her.
Not actually a bad idea, but replace the lid with a steel one, that can be secured down.
Kudos to her for thinking outside the box, but...
lol

ak474u
01-09-2014, 12:55 AM
It's not a terrible idea, its badly executed. Even fiberglass shelters have a steel door, so that would be a big plus. Not being able to lock the door is bad for high winds, and the fact that the house would be on top of them is also not good.

ElevenBravo
01-09-2014, 01:06 AM
You sit on the hump where the wheel is, and you have a whistle so they can find you, a plastic lid with no way to secure it and bicycle helmets that are not secured under the chin.

Its like a car that *wants* to run correctly, but just doesnt drive right...

Anyway, I found a lot of humour in it and figured, what the hell... Im probably not alone!

EB

Sniper-T
01-09-2014, 10:17 PM
Don't get me wrong EB, I laughed too, but as said, it would still beat a bathtub!

ElevenBravo
01-09-2014, 10:44 PM
She seams like such a simpleton... OMG, I laughed the whole time.

I honestly feel sorry for people like this.

BTW, I suggest the whistle on a lanyard, and the lanyard around the neck... so not IF but WHEN they search for your ass, they can hear the whistle, even miles from the trash can!!!

EB

mercury
01-29-2014, 08:32 PM
It seemed too hard for the older lady to get into. Maybe some sort of steps she could navigate. By the time she got in, the tornado had already rolled over them!