PDA

View Full Version : Electric grid shooting

bacpacker
02-08-2014, 02:03 AM
I read a bit about this earlier today and then saw a blurb about it on the news tonight. Some body or group broke in a comms tunnel and cut a bunch of fiber optic cables. Then after that they shot up a bunch of transformers in a substation and knocked out the power to a large area. The last I heard there had been no one apprehended or even suspects.
Two things came to my mind. 1) This was a probe by foreign terrorist to see what needs to be done to hit it on a much larger scale. 2) False Flag event. There just isn't many other things that pop up in my feeble mind.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/02/07/lawmakers-push-to-protect-electric-grid-after-report-on-attack/

LUNCHBOX
02-08-2014, 02:08 AM
You are on it tonight....

True targets or playing around, thats bad business either way with the power.

bacpacker
02-08-2014, 02:17 AM
I don't think Silicon Valley would perform very well in a blackout. That does make me think of a third possibility
3) Eco freaks tryin to make a point.

Possom
02-08-2014, 03:54 PM
You are probably right about the Eco freaks. They are out there. If you haven't already you should read rainbow six by tom Clancy. It deals with Eco freaks on an epic scale.

realist
02-08-2014, 05:57 PM
Couldn't be eco freaks because guns are bad because they hurt things...........These guys did not do too much damage. I wonder if they thought about if they were to bring the area grid down for several days that they would be prosecuted for murdering all those people who depended upon electricity for their medial equipment to live. The thing I didn't like it it took almost and hour for the cops to be called and arrive.

helomech
02-08-2014, 06:25 PM
.These guys did not do too much damage. .

16 million is pretty good damage.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
02-08-2014, 07:24 PM
I've actually looked at substations while driving by them and ran the scenario (oh how I love the word) of how this can be done if you know what you're doing. The persons who did this really didn't, but back to "shot placement", substations are quite vulnerable. Doesn't take much to coordinate and knock out grids. These people wasted a lot of ammo, but I won't get into specifics.

bacpacker
02-08-2014, 10:25 PM
16 million is a lot. But After reading the article, I thought they could have done much more damage. It was surprising that response was so slow for anyone to show up. In the area it's in, I would have guessed a much quicker response time.

greg48
02-12-2014, 11:24 PM
Quite possibly a recon by fire? See how the locals and the law handled it, see how the choosen calibers worked etc...quite possibly a false flag?

Brownwater Riverrat 13
02-13-2014, 12:14 AM
Quite possibly a recon by fire? See how the locals and the law handled it, see how the choosen calibers worked etc...quite possibly a false flag?

OK they said 100 rounds were fired at large transformers. (good footage of the transformer bleeding out by the way) they also mentioned when I saw it first time on Fox that the sparks were gun fire on the electric fence (ok so we know how things get reported, was it?) They cut phone lines and internet cables, hmmmm, for where and what? Does it call the cops and the electric company when something happens? Maybe they should use ADT huh? But they never reported it to the public for this long and it took 27 days to repair. (good to know, now everyone knows) But there are some other key components to...........OK let's not give away too much information here. But, it was maybe a trial run. I don't think they were as "great a bubba unit" as they said they were though. But not raising public awareness, not informing us of the attack on the substation is and was wrong!

Kodiak
02-16-2014, 11:58 AM
They cut internet cables!? What in the world are we gonna do without internet!?:p

Fidel MD
02-16-2014, 01:29 PM
They cut internet cables!? What in the world are we gonna do without internet!?:p

No ATM's, no bank withdrawals, no food orders for grocery stores, no gasoline sales on plastic and no reorders, need I go on?

LUNCHBOX
02-28-2014, 01:01 AM
Fidel MD, l think Kodiak was joking. Although your reply could be exactly why it was done.

TroubleShooter
03-03-2014, 07:23 AM
The EPA regs are creating unintended consequences. ....The power stations are becoming easier to shutdown.....