PDA

View Full Version : Got lucky on a deer lease

piranha2
07-11-2011, 02:39 AM
OK, long story short, I got lucky on a deer lease in Georgia. Too good to pass up. Me and the SIL combined pennies for it. Going up Wednesday to check out a camper on site that is for sale cheap. Be up there til the weekend. It is not primitive camping, but it ain't a Holiday Inn. Lots of planted pines, I know, not conducive to good deer numbers, but sounds good and we are gonna go for it. I will post results. It can be a 365 day BOL. No restrictions on time at the site. Might be my new home. The rules that are posted are thus:

Rule #1 - Do not infringe on another member or their belongings or tree stands or feeders.
Rule #2 - Do what you want
Rule #3 - Do it when you want
Rule #4 - Do not infringe on another member or their belongings or tree stands or feeders.
Rule #5 - What happens in this camp, stays in this camp. (unless the wives are here.)

Looking for feedback.

RedJohn
07-11-2011, 10:57 AM
I like the rules.

piranha2
07-12-2011, 11:47 PM
Tomorrow is the day - me and the SIL are gonna go check out the aforementioned camper. I guess a couple other members are gonna meet us up there. Should be fun.

RedJohn
07-12-2011, 11:59 PM
Please bring pictures.

piranha2
07-13-2011, 12:27 AM
I will. I will make the camera take pics suitable for the site.

piranha2
07-16-2011, 10:42 PM
What a wasted trip. $158 dollars in gas out the tailpipe. The camper will probably fall down in the next couple weeks. What a POS. The back end is ...well.....falling off. Forgot the camera, but will be going back in the next 2 or 3 weeks. Found a camper here that I want, so I will be get it Monday. The SIL is buying a 4 wheeler. Soon as these two deals are done, we are heading back up. Anybody got an air card for internet? What recommendations do you have? I have Verizon phone, but am not that picky. I would like to have internet, to report in. I will be staying at this site for quite some time.

izzyscout21
07-17-2011, 08:36 PM
ive got one of the verizon mobile hotspots.
Set Your Location (http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=5535&deviceCategoryId=13)

i have yet to be anywhere that i can't get service.

RedJohn
07-17-2011, 09:21 PM
OK, the camper was a bad idea. But is the place there OK? With dear potential?

piranha2
07-18-2011, 12:23 AM
The property is awesome. Lots of potential. We saw a lot of tracks, one being a big buck. Several scrapes alongside the road. Saw two small flocks of turkey. Looking for a camper now to drag up there. Hope to be moved in before Labor Day.

piranha2
07-18-2011, 12:25 AM
ive got one of the verizon mobile hotspots.
Set Your Location (http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=5535&deviceCategoryId=13)

i have yet to be anywhere that i can't get service.

Verizon phone works well up there. Am I to understand that this phone is an internet device?

LUNCHBOX
07-18-2011, 01:21 AM
I run the Verizon 4G on my laptop and it works good. My Droid has internet also and can link the laptop woth Hotspot. It costs about the same either way (Droid internet-$29.99, Hotspot-$19.99 and 4G USB-$49.99) Just drop in and see which one you like, they get about the same coverage.

piranha2
07-18-2011, 02:06 AM
I will check with them tomorrow. Thanks

izzyscout21
07-18-2011, 12:34 PM
Verizon phone works well up there. Am I to understand that this phone is an internet device?

its not a phone. It's a mobile hotspot. I run all my household internet off of it.