PDA

View Full Version : "ROAD TRIP" Tennessee to Nevada in June.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
04-08-2014, 11:57 PM
Looks like LadyHK, the killer "mutts" and I are planning a road trip around the end of June. We are going to make two routes a northern and a southern. I plan on running I-70 on the northern route to 50 and 80 and into Reno.

The southern route will be on I-40 hitting the Winslow Crater, Roswell, NM, Boulder Dam, Going to hate going through Vegas. That will be the only shit hole on the whole route. I could run either way going back and forth. I haven't done the northern route.

But if there are any "Ants" out there along the way please feel free to chime in and maybe we can meet up. We would love to meet up with you and "exchange pleasantries"........I'm sure the Lady will be adding to this soon.

eagle326
04-09-2014, 03:29 PM
Wow!!
Lady K is taking you out in public on a road trip? Now that's one strong mental woman. But then again with the cattle prod and various other implements I'm sure you're gonna behave yourself for the most part. Of course knowing you ; you like some pain so you'll piss her off just enough to get a pick up jolt from the cattle prod. :eek:

Now you two have a safe and fun trip so you can regale us with your adventures when you get back. Maybe we need to start a fund to bail your Navy butt out because we all know how sailors are on dry land. My two sons are ex navy so I know a little bit about you fellas. ;)

Brownwater Riverrat 13
04-09-2014, 03:49 PM
Well the good part is that I can navigate on land as well as at sea and I don't have to worry about running aground. I don't use those new fang dangled electronic charts either. The problem is that there are way too many contacts that i have to avoid a collision with and these "captains" do not follow the rules of the road. The other good part is that I don't have to worry about being relieved of my Command........I think. Oh, this is going to be an adventure alright!

Blunder busts, Falcons, full broad sides?..........gee which ones do I bring? PREPARE TO REPEL BOARDERS!

Oh.....we're crossing the continent.....right, got it. Hmmmmm, gotta rethink this one.

Stormfeather
04-10-2014, 03:08 AM
Blunder busts, Falcons, full broad sides?..........gee which ones do I bring? PREPARE TO REPEL BOARDERS!

Oh.....we're crossing the continent.....right, got it. Hmmmmm, gotta rethink this one.

Silly Pirate. . . ya bring them all!

ladyhk13
04-10-2014, 06:07 AM
Can anyone say road rage? I have to bring things to keep me occupied so I don't have to watch what he's doing....and Valium helps too. Guess there aren't any ants along the way we can meet up with on the way. Too bad, would have been nice to say hello.

Stormfeather
04-11-2014, 05:23 AM
Are you guys on the road yet?

- - - Updated - - -

oh duh. . .not til June!

ladyhk13
04-11-2014, 05:39 AM
Are you guys on the road yet?

- - - Updated - - -

oh duh. . .not til June!

Siwwy wabbit. Are you taking little blue pills too? ;)

4suchatimeasthis
04-13-2014, 04:00 PM
Well I work in Nashville pretty much 6 days a week. I don't know how well that works with your road trip, but I would LOVE too meet up and give Lady a hug someday!!! Okay, Rat, you "might could" get one too ;-).

eagle326
04-13-2014, 08:46 PM
Well I work in Nashville pretty much 6 days a week. I don't know how well that works with your road trip, but I would LOVE too meet up and give Lady a hug someday!!! Okay, Rat, you "might could" get one too ;-).

Careful 4- such ; My sons were Navy and if a woman hugged them they were like an octopus. ;) But we all know River Rat is a fine ( cough - cough ) gentleman. Has had and is continuing to have a right fine up bringin' from Lady 13. :p

Just on the slight chance he has an off day ; Just bring a Rat Tail file to smooth out the rough edges. Remember river Rat LOVES pain.

No need to thank me River Rat, I do what I can for you Bro. :D

Brownwater Riverrat 13
04-14-2014, 03:07 PM
Thank you for the fine compliments Eagle. Pain is just your body's way of letting you know you're still alive. By the way, I like my rough edges.........;) As far as the prepping for the trip goes, I'm still monitoring Nevada's situation. I don't think they are done out there yet.

bacpacker
04-14-2014, 05:06 PM
Not by a long way.

eagle326
04-14-2014, 11:30 PM
Thank you for the fine compliments Eagle. Pain is just your body's way of letting you know you're still alive. By the way, I like my rough edges.........;) As far as the prepping for the trip goes, I'm still monitoring Nevada's situation. I don't think they are done out there yet.

That's one of the reasons I got married besides loving her. A wife can inflict more pain ; suffering and fear than any drill sergeant I ever had. So whenever I get to feeling a little soft around the edges I just piss momma off to the degree of how much pain and suffering I need to get my edge back in line. :D

In my world they aren't finished by a long shot. It's a tactical retreat for the moment. I bet there are hidden devices somewhere on that land to monitor . Of course I could just be paranoid. Plus eyes in the sky. If everyone leaves you can bet your sweet biffy they'll have a hard time getting back in.

This just an old man's opinion.
Oh and I do what I can for you compliment wise as you're a very deserving fellow ant.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
04-15-2014, 12:29 AM
Well as far as that situation goes I'm sure we are being monitored by our "moderators" so we'll have to keep the comments to a minimum to this being political in nature. But it is also preppertory in nature as well. For you see if this continues to escalate we will surely be inthe shit sooner than we think. There is another "meeting" scheduled in DC on the 16th of May. One to be watching for all so I'll discuss but everyone needs to look it up and monitor it for themselves. Now I will shut up.

eagle326
04-15-2014, 12:51 PM
I agree on point #1 and a brother of mine from Nam lives about 2 hours from D.C. He and a group were there for the government shut down and kept me updated as they could. He'll also be there on May 16th. I told him about it awhile back and they checked it out and decided to go.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
04-15-2014, 01:06 PM
To bad you live so far away. If we "all" make it through the spring maybe you and the little lady should try to make it to our annual "grip and grin" Hell everyone on the site should try to make it to the annual "grip and grin" it's in the middle of the US for Pete's sake!

As for your brother "God Speed", not sure how this one's going to turn out either. This NV thing ain't done yet. I have my whole family just north up there in Reno. Little bro has an eye on it. Mom's turned into quite the prepper, surprised the shit outta me! I'd tell ya what she's up to but I'll keep a lid on that. I'll just say this, she has two grown men (my brothers) fighting up in the mountains over how things have to be done. I'm surprised one of them ain't dead yet. They have called on us to come up and help numerous times, uh uh, no fucking way, I'd beat the shit outta both of them and we'd be flyin home within a week. It's the the nature of the beast man. Sure Ma if you sent us up there by ourselves, maybe, but not with the brothers.................there be buzzards circling for sure.

eagle326
04-15-2014, 02:41 PM
If sweet - thang can finish getting us pretty debt free ; 2 large medical bills done and now we'll be paying off my hernia operation scheduled for April 28th.
But once she gets things down to where she has 3 to $500.00 extra a month the hunt begins for a new fixer upper shack on the CHEAP side that we can re-do. then the grip & grin will be up close. Right now her health doesn't permit long trips but hopefully we can change that.

My roots lie in Pickens South Carolina until they moved up to yankee land. Working to get back home to the beloved south as soon as possible.

I know what you mean about siblings. out of 3 boys ; 3 girls there's 5 left . 1 brother deceased ; 1 brother ; 1 sister I talk with. The other 2 have been dis owned.

Stormfeather
06-04-2014, 03:49 PM
That's one of the reasons I got married besides loving her. A wife can inflict more pain ; suffering and fear than any drill sergeant I ever had. So whenever I get to feeling a little soft around the edges I just piss momma off to the degree of how much pain and suffering I need to get my edge back in line. :D

In my world they aren't finished by a long shot. It's a tactical retreat for the moment. I bet there are hidden devices somewhere on that land to monitor . Of course I could just be paranoid. Plus eyes in the sky. If everyone leaves you can bet your sweet biffy they'll have a hard time getting back in.

This just an old man's opinion.
Oh and I do what I can for you compliment wise as you're a very deserving fellow ant.

Why is it, I see the total rationality of this. . . .it sounds so familiar. . .

Sniper-T
06-12-2014, 04:31 PM
Too bad your Northern route wasn't a little more Northern. :(

But in the meantime... do you need someone to watch out for the cats whilst you are away?

:rolleyes:

Brownwater Riverrat 13
06-12-2014, 08:00 PM
Yes, it is too bad because I would love to drop in on your sorry butt. See how life is on the other side of the border so to speak. Besides, you'd be need'n some southern fried kitten I imagine, eh?

eagle326
06-12-2014, 08:44 PM
OH YEA !!
nothing like batter dipped deep fried kitty. :D

Katrina
06-13-2014, 04:52 AM
Hope you have a good visit.Too bad it isn't in October. DH and I are going to CA for 40th anniversary. I wanna go to Disneyland,never been,thought it would be cool to see original mouse house and we're going to Vegas to visit my brother. Could have met up with ya.