PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy your gear?

2die4
06-04-2014, 01:40 AM
When shopping for items other than groceries, where do you buy your items? I'm curious to see where people buy their supplies from. Point of this thread is to introduce each other to businesses we may have not heard about. Please answer the poll and feel free to chime in on your choice.

I rarely buy any big items from brick and mortar stores anymore. I price check through Amazon and usually end up buying most of my items from Amazon.

bacpacker
06-04-2014, 01:51 AM
I look long and hard for most anything I purchse. Although a good deal of my stuff comes from ebay or craigslist. I will pick up whatever I can where ever I find it. Sometimes hardware stores can hold some nice stuff. Antique stores as well.

ak474u
06-04-2014, 02:53 AM
I get stuff on the interwebs, and ifi can find it at a mom and pop, I'll get it there. I've taken stuff off people's hands that they weren't using or upgraded if it suits my needs. My group of people don't wear out tactical, and survival gear.

Stormfeather
06-04-2014, 04:20 PM
I will get mine anywhere that I can find it, I look around for the best price of course, but if they are all comparable, then I will get it where I can! Yard sales around here are particularly good due to the large amount of military and retired military that resides in the area, so gearwise, Im always lucking onto something!

NWPilgrim
06-08-2014, 08:56 AM
Bi-Mart, Sportsmans Warehouse, Fishermens Supply (guns and ammo too), Cabelas, Amazon, eBay, Coastal Farm Supply (better quality tools than Home Depot), tractor and farm implement stores are the nearest Stihl and Husqvarna full dealer shops around here, Home Depot, Lowes, Midway, Powder Valley, Wideners, then direct on the web from stores such us Ready Made Resources.

Gunfixr
06-13-2014, 04:16 AM
Wherever I can, mostly. I got some friends who no longer need some stuff, and got it from them. Get some from mom and pop shops, and get some from the 'net. Occasionally find stuff at the big name stores.

msomnipotent
06-13-2014, 05:46 AM
I get some things from Amazon because I get paid in gift certificates from survey sites. If paying with my own money, it is usually EE or places like Farm and Fleet. Things that pop up on craigslist are few and far between in my area, and anything relating to guns usually start off at list price or better, and then you have to sit there and reason with them. It usually doesn't work.

swamprat
06-14-2014, 02:27 AM
Online, wallyworld, garage sales, 10-2 distributors, amazon, and a few others. Mainly wherever I find the deals. I find if you act friendly and show your face two to three times a week you become a regular and treat the owner to some lunch and you usually gain a discount for being a friend.

2die4
07-01-2014, 11:55 AM
Usually the only thing I find off Craig's list are the white water containers with the metal grate on them. For some reason the name eludes me at the moment When I get settled in at my new duty location I want to do a rain water collection system. That is if it's not illegal.

izzyscout21
07-01-2014, 03:06 PM
I get gear form everywhere. A lot of my personal field gear has been custom made in the past. Other staples I pick up at Walmart, surplus shops, or EBAY.