PDA

View Full Version : drip irrigation

bacpacker
06-11-2014, 01:11 AM
I am looking into setting up a couple of drip irrigation system. I have zero experience with them and was hoping someone on here does. I'm looking for vendor's, kits, cost, basically any information you might have to share. Here is one place I've been looking at, but there are lots of companies that carry various stuff.

www.dripdepot.com

mitunnelrat
06-11-2014, 01:49 AM
I ran that tiny system a couple years ago, and it worked well, but I can't recall details off the top of my head. I bought a kit and a timer from my local hardware store.

Sniper-T
06-11-2014, 01:16 PM
I've been contemplating this for a while now, especially with some of my more remote gardens. But without power, I would have to rely on solar, which I'm not set up to do just yet.

The other thing I'm thinking about is a simple elevated water system to gravity feed into a sprinkler hose, which for now would be manually controlled, but quicker and easier than dipping a watering can into barrels 20 times.

Tagged for interest.

bacpacker
06-11-2014, 04:18 PM
I read though their installation guide and there system can be set to use with a gravity feed system. Lots of options to build you own or several style kits available. A kit for 4 raised beds is only $127. I think it will work great for the lady's bed I gonna build. One thing is mentions up front. Plan your setup well and life is much h easier and works as intended.