PDA

View Full Version : Scenario: Kill em all

2die4
07-07-2014, 10:09 PM
I submitted this scenario on behalf of the Colony to the creators of the Survivor game Conflicted (Click on the Banner with the guy in the gas mask). Hopefully we see this in the next round of cards.

How do you handle a Prepper with a kill them all and let God sort them out mentality?

The easy answer of "know your people in your group" is out. Vetting people in your group during pre-SHTF time can only go so far. What if their attitude changes or a new addition to your group post SHTF has this mentality?

ElevenBravo
07-07-2014, 10:25 PM
That right there bub, has no easy answer..

You could talk to them, but chances are psycos do what psycos do..
You could expel him/her, at which case they may give you a midnight visit..
You could expel him/her and move camp, at which case they might hunt you down and give you a midnight visit..
You could do the Ol' Yeller and be done with it..

Im interested in what others may add, because this very situation could easily arise...
EB

bacpacker
07-07-2014, 11:03 PM
This scenario is not that far out IMO. Phycos are very adept at covering themselves and this makes them hard to spot. If you find yourself in this situation, I think old yeller is the most appropriate in a SHTF scenario. You don't want them coming back once you have evicted them.

2die4
07-07-2014, 11:36 PM
This scenario is not that far out IMO. Phycos are very adept at covering themselves and this makes them hard to spot. .

Very true. Wish they were easier to spot.
http://s28.postimg.org/i5sq5loi5/the_silence_lambs_buffalo_bill_77547.jpg

bacpacker
07-08-2014, 01:46 AM
Trust your gut. It amazes me how often it proves to be right.

Sniper-T
07-08-2014, 10:53 AM
just keep in mind that others in your group may be looking at you with fear in their hearts and 'old yeller' on their minds...

Stormfeather
07-08-2014, 07:22 PM
"Old Yeller" gets my vote.

ElevenBravo
07-08-2014, 10:42 PM
Whatever you do, do it before you find yourself in this scenario...

http://www.moviequotesandmore.com/image-files/pulp-fiction-quotes-23.jpg

Gunfixr
07-10-2014, 12:32 AM
Another vote for Old Yeller.

It may need some discussion with the rest of the group, or at least an explanation as to what and why.
May ease their minds some.

Fact of the matter is, there will at times necessitate a decision that will not be easy, and really has no "right" answer, only the lesser of two "wrong" answers. All you can do is make them carefully, to be as sure as you can that you are not making them in error.

cwconnertx
07-13-2014, 08:49 PM
If you can't direct that pyscho energy into a positive direction, Old Yeller

But the thing is, with the right motivation, a psychopath can be a good tool to have in your toolbox. Point them in the right direction and they might get something useful done before getting killed. Of course that assumes there is some threat to use them against.

2die4
07-14-2014, 09:29 PM
If you can't direct that pyscho energy into a positive direction, Old Yeller

But the thing is, with the right motivation, a psychopath can be a good tool to have in your toolbox. Point them in the right direction and they might get something useful done before getting killed. Of course that assumes there is some threat to use them against.

Can you really direct psychotic energy into something useful? That would be like asking a swarm of locust to only eat the weeds that are growing in a farmer's field. Just not possible.