PDA

View Full Version : Ebola now in the states

bacpacker
10-04-2014, 12:34 AM
I havent saw any threads on this yet and I'm sure most everyone has heard about the confirmed case in Dallas. Their has also been folks tested in Hawaii, Dc, and Utah. I haven't hesrd yet if they have been confirmed. There have been up to 100 folks in Dallas that sre being looked at that may have been exposed. At least 4 in quarrentine, under guard. And others being checked daily. Yet the CDC is touying thst We Have This Under Control.

Personally I'm just waiting on a bunch of them to be confirmed. And to start seeing more cases in other areas.

What is everyones thoughts and plans ready to go or already in place? For us, we are limiting where we are going, after this weekend to top off some supplies and finish cycling my fuel stores for the year, we will limit even further where we go for a period of time to come. I am also torn on making a few purchases online. There are a few things I want, but not sure i want to bring in stuff from around the country right now. Maybe make a purchase and leave the boxes in quarentine for a week or to without any handling.

Any thoughts on last minute or must have goods, besides the normal b,b,b?

helomech
10-04-2014, 01:28 AM
Glad I am off for the next 3 weeks. Gives me time to see how this plays out.

ak474u
10-04-2014, 02:06 AM
Not isolating yet, but limiting exposure to anything public. We are 19 minutes from ground zero here, and only have to take a left and a left to get there. Parents are in town, so I've had son out of preschool most of the week. Picked up extra bottled water today, but we're set for at least a month and a half just on the fridge and freezers with our pantry.

helomech
10-04-2014, 02:26 AM
It starts spreading much, and I will lock this place down. No one will come past my gate.

Willie51
10-04-2014, 04:07 AM
We are watching closely. Now a reporter has been confirmed from NBC. My first question was, HOW? I think there're not telling us everything. Since we live in rural area, we are staying away from the big cities and off any commercial flights. Stocked up on n95s if needed and essentials if we need to stay indoors for awhile.

Sniper-T
10-04-2014, 04:32 AM
just sneeze into your elbow... all will be fine... :rolleyes:

Fatty
10-04-2014, 01:08 PM
If it hits a border state of wisconsin, I told the wife she's giving her boss a 2 weeks notice. If it hits the state, I'm moving my family to a more rural location.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-05-2014, 03:35 AM
We are watching closely. Now a reporter has been confirmed from NBC. My first question was, HOW? I think there're not telling us everything. Since we live in rural area, we are staying away from the big cities and off any commercial flights. Stocked up on n95s if needed and essentials if we need to stay indoors for awhile.

Dang boy! I thought you fell off the planet. Good thing you are in your current location rather than your previous one. Trying to get out of FL would be a bitch if you wanted to egress. Welcome back Willie!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and as for us. I would rather we just sit and watch from the cheap seats and maneuver our pieces on the board as the situation dictates.

ladyhk13
10-05-2014, 04:15 AM
The person they were watching in DC is neg and released. There is another person nearby in MD under observation still. The guy from NBC was over in one of those countries and will be flown into the same hospital in Nebraska on Monday that one of the other docs was treated at. There is a person under observation in GA awaiting results, one in Hawaii as well. There was one in NJ but also neg and released.
The virus CAN be spread from all bodily fluids to include if an infected (symptomatic) person sneezes on you or if they have the virus on their hands and touch a surface and you touch it within 2-3 hours and you have a cut or put your hands in your mouth.
I'm taking an online course from Penn State right now on Infectious Diseases and pretty much anyone wants to talk about in the forums is the Ebola outbreak.

Sniper-T
10-05-2014, 04:18 AM
Welcome back Fatty, where ya been?

Fatty
10-05-2014, 01:06 PM
Lots of forced overtime this year. 6 or 7 days a week of 12hr shifts since may. Had a couple normal weeks in there but keepin' on.

Willie51
10-09-2014, 02:50 AM
Dang boy! I thought you fell off the planet. Good thing you are in your current location rather than your previous one. Trying to get out of FL would be a bitch if you wanted to egress. Welcome back Willie!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and as for us. I would rather we just sit and watch from the cheap seats and maneuver our pieces on the board as the situation
dictates.

Hey brother, yeah had to take some time off. This year was crazy busy for us. But I have been checking in trying to stay on top of things.
And I agree, glad we got out of south Florida and came back home to God's country.

As far as Ebola, let's just hope and pray it does not ever ever go airbourne! I still don't think the CDC and government is telling us everything as they don't want to cause a panic.

ladyhk13
10-09-2014, 08:20 AM
Here is a link to a study that was done to show that the Ebola virus could indeed be airborne. It is quite scientific but very interesting.

http://www.nature.com/srep/2012/121115/srep00811/full/srep00811.html

Hope the link works.

Willie51
10-12-2014, 03:40 PM
Here is a link to a study that was done to show that the Ebola virus could indeed be airborne. It is quite scientific but very interesting.

http://www.nature.com/srep/2012/121115/srep00811/full/srep00811.html

Hope the link works.

Yeah, I read a CNN report a while back about that same study and was going to look for it and post it here. Thank you Lady. :)

bacpacker
10-12-2014, 03:56 PM
Just read a report that one of the workers in the Dallas hospital where the original patient died has tested positive in a initial test. Supposedly they were suited up the entire time they had contact with him. Hopefully not a true case of it.

helomech
10-12-2014, 04:05 PM
The worker has tested positive.

Willie51
10-12-2014, 08:04 PM
Just read a report that one of the workers in the Dallas hospital where the original patient died has tested positive in a initial test. Supposedly they were suited up the entire time they had contact with him. Hopefully not a true case of it.

Yes I agree, hopefully not airborne. The million $ question is....how did the worker get it, just like the camera man and other cases popping up?

Willie51
10-13-2014, 01:27 PM
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/10/12/key-question-how-did-dallas-worker-contract-ebola/

This article out today brings up some hard questions. So, if this nurse had full protective gear with a helper, how did she contract Ebola? Also, if the virus is in the smallest of droplets, then at what point will it be float around in the air and be called airborne. They say airborne is unlikely, and I want to believe that.

Also, if many hospitals aren't prepared to handle this and since we can not control people who walk into emergency rooms sick (sneezing, coughing, vomiting) leaving germs everywhere, how can they say "not to worry"?

Scary to think how this could get out of control going into flu season.

bacpacker
10-13-2014, 02:08 PM
Combine it with flu set on and we have the makings of a shit storm of epic porport I'll ns.

Willie51
10-13-2014, 03:28 PM
Combine it with flu set on and we have the makings of a shit storm of epic porport I'll ns.

Agreed and exactly my point BP. They say that Ebola symptoms are just like flu symptoms. So, when folks go to the Dr. or emergency room and smear the germs all around waiting to be seen by a Dr., then it will be passed to others waiting just like other diseases..... and then it snowballs. I think it's going to be very complicated. Most hospitals are not equipped to handle it anyway.

Fatty
10-13-2014, 03:36 PM
For me, hospitals are off limits at this point. I'd rather give myself stitches with fishing line than to risk exposure in a place ill equipped to deal with Ebola to begin with.

ladyhk13
10-13-2014, 05:35 PM
Here is an article that gives info on how to protect yourself and give yourself a better chance of surviving Ebola. These are things you do now, not later...a lot of you probably already practice this or have access to these. http://www.naturalnews.com/047232_Ebola_natural_immunity_virus.html

ElevenBravo
10-13-2014, 09:28 PM
Nothing in that link will stop ebola... maybe the common cold, but not ebola.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/12/health/ebola/index.html

ladyhk13
10-13-2014, 11:03 PM
Nothing in that link will stop ebola... maybe the common cold, but not ebola.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/12/health/ebola/index.html

Are you referring to the link I posted? Not sure...if so, the point of the information was ways to beef up our immune systems and eat things that have natural anti viral properties so our bodies can fight the symptoms and complications that come with the disease. There is a 50% (give or take) mortality rate with this disease so if you can strengthen your immune system you will have a better chance of survival.

Vodin
10-14-2014, 01:45 AM
I drive a bunch and am in numerous buildings every day.

Some issues I foresee to be an issue/attack.

Elevators
Banisters
Vending Machines
Phones
Sinks in Bathrooms
Cell Phones
Door Knobs
Post office boxes
Mail
and money

Should someone from another country have issue with America what is to stop them from touching/sneezing/spitting on common touch points. Or work in a food industry.

I am not trying to cause an issue just wanting to point out if Ebola starts spreading keep that in mind.

bacpacker
10-14-2014, 01:52 AM
Thats a good list Vodin. How bout others adding to it. It'll give us plenty of things to consider down the road.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-14-2014, 02:01 AM
To answer your question.....nothing. There's not enough Clorox in the country to clean this place to prevent the epidemic. The wheels are already in motion. According to the Aircraft company that flies these infected people into the US there were more than just these 3 or 4. Turns out they have been flying in quite a few of them without telling Joe Citizen. Wouldn't want to cause a panic now would we? But hey the good news is I saw gas for $2.88 today! ...............why am I excited over that?

ladyhk13
10-14-2014, 02:45 AM
Vodin you are correct. From what I have been learning and reading the virus can survive on surfaces for about 3 hours. Imagine all of the things you touch just going to Walmart. Think about going to a restaurant with cooks who wipe their sweaty forehead with their hands and then touch your food. The list is endless if you really think about it and that's not even considering what a group like Isis could do here. No need for suicide bombers when they can infect themselves and fly right in.

Willie51
10-14-2014, 03:30 AM
Vodin you are correct. From what I have been learning and reading the virus can survive on surfaces for about 3 hours. Imagine all of the things you touch just going to Walmart. Think about going to a restaurant with cooks who wipe their sweaty forehead with their hands and then touch your food. The list is endless if you really think about it and that's not even considering what a group like Isis could do here. No need for suicide bombers when they can infect themselves and fly right in.

Songbird and I have been discussing that too. But I think the immediate threat right now is the unintentional spread by contact. Now the CDC is saying 70 staff members had contact with Duncan before died at the hospital. How many other patients have they now have contact with? How many family members and friends? How about the stores and mall and gas pumps? Scary stuff!!

BTW Lady, thanks for the post and link about building the immune system.

realist
10-14-2014, 02:28 PM
You know this is all sounding like a bad horror movie. "Washington: We have had a minor out break of a virus that has a mortality rate of only 70 to 80 percent but we have everything under control. Stay calm and don't worry."

They keep talking about they are prepared. We'll we did a survey of our local hospitals a while back on how many patients a hospital could treat in a nerve agent exposure, we were told five would overwhelm most hospitals. So what will it take for something like Ebola? We are definitely better off here then say Liberia. They were talking about the number of health care workers who have contracted the disease being upwards of 10%. It doesn't take long to become overly tired and start making mistakes.

We will have to see how this movie ends......

Caveman Survival
10-15-2014, 12:42 AM
The hospital worker that contracted Ebola from the patient that died did everything right. Took all precautions with the patient (as did up to 70 other HCAs that worked on him) from proper gear to disinfecting, etc etc etc. what they didn't do right was removing the gear. Turns out they did not follow proper protocol and now a suffering for their error in judgment

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-15-2014, 01:38 AM
Ebola MEDEVAC and the State Department’s Emergency Aeromedical Evacuation Services Contract Check out the video in the link, follow the links provided. See what your tax dollars are paying for............and you might get a bit pissed off.

http://my.firedoglake.com/cranestation/2014/09/13/ebola-medevac-and-the-state-departments-emergency-aeromedical-evacuation-services-contract/

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-15-2014, 03:22 PM
Govt. has a contract, we will not, nor will we ever know how many actual flights will be flown or have been flown, case closed. The only thing we will know is what they tell us. However I do find it suspect that they flew each infected person to strategic locations throughout the country. Forms a perfect triangle don't you think? 2nd Ebola victim announced in TX today, Hmmmm?

Check in with the CDC if you were on her flight??? WTF????

Vodin
10-15-2014, 09:52 PM
CNN medical experts admitted the Ebola virus can live up to 6 days on a surface.

Sadly what you hear or read is not reliable. The #'s keep changing but this is with CNN and they usually try to cover up truth :)

Been selecting floors in elevators with the elbow wearing long sleeves for a few weeks now. But if it survives 6 days...money would be an issue ;(

Hate to add more but:
Ebola is Airborne if you sneeze near an intake vent the air current will move to where ever it goes to. Another Apartment or Office?

And then I forget if I posted this statement on this site but.

How many times in the last few years has the news pumped your rear with info about issues while other issues flow into reality?

ElevenBravo
10-15-2014, 11:07 PM
CNN medical experts admitted the Ebola virus can live up to 6 days on a surface.

Sadly what you hear or read is not reliable. The #'s keep changing but this is with CNN and they usually try to cover up truth :)

So, its safe to assume, double what they say... maybe 12 daze then? Thats a possibility, right?

I think downplaying the numbers is a game they all want to play.

When Ebola patients are looking for food & water:
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130601123855/injusticegodsamongus/images/2/25/Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

:-)

Willie51
10-15-2014, 11:12 PM
The nurse is Amber Joy Vinson of Dallas — traveled by air Oct. 13, with a low-grade fever, a day before she showed up at the hospital reporting symptoms. So she was symptomatic and contagious!

The CDC is now reaching out to all passengers who flew on Frontier Airlines flight 1143 from Cleveland to Dallas/Fort Worth. The flight landed at 8:16 p.m. CT. So how many things did she touch in Cleveland, OH and while at the airport, etc.?

Oh, and get this. Why was she allowed to travel on a commercial airline when supposedly she was one of the health care workers being monitored. CNN reported that she knew she had a fever before getting on the flight and called the CDC several times and reported it. CDC told her it was okay to board the flight!!

Willie51
10-15-2014, 11:37 PM
If you want to get pissed read this. The Frontier airlines plane went on 5 more flights before getting sanitized. It went back to Cleveland and then down to Atlanta and Ft. Lauderdale.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/10/15/ebola-patient-traveled-day-before-diagnosis/

Sniper-T
10-16-2014, 12:02 AM
A good friend of mine is working on it here (our CDC equiv.), and he is under a STRICT gag order... I need to get him drunk.

ElevenBravo
10-16-2014, 12:27 AM
Drunk, no... Tie him to a chair and start drilling on his knee cap, he will talk.. soon. If you need help, let me know... though I claim no previous experience. ;-)

Sniper-T
10-16-2014, 12:31 AM
remember I said 'friend'... if drunk, he still refuses to share... then he is no longer my friend!
Head North EB, I'll tell you when to turn.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-16-2014, 12:40 AM
OK now you want to have some real fun? How about tracking the medivac flights? Would you all like to do that? HUH? Would ya? Well I've been doing a little bit of research and came across a few things. You've seen the contract I hope, but I have the tail numbers and a way to track their movements. One is N173PA, and the other is N163PA which seems to be their primaries and another is N184PA and PHA333 which is a twin turbo prop. The company has three aircraft equipped for handling such medical situations. I've been using Flightaware.com to track the aircraft's movements..........I'll bet you folks weren't aware of a flight from over there on 09OCT14 were ya? For instance, after leaving Germany my question is the pit stops in Gander, Newfoundland (gas would be my guess) then Bangor, Maine, Hmmmm? Who, what, where and why? 730 miles for a gas stop, I don't think so, they could have made the 2.5 hour flight to GA on that tank of gas easy. So why the stop right inside US territory? It ain't fuckin immigration that's for sure (got any theories on this one) so I'm looking for a link on this flight if anyone can find one. Right now I'm trying to track today's flight.........check out the site. You have enough intell to make you dangerous now, good luck...we're all counting on you. More to follow..............

Sniper-T
10-16-2014, 12:45 AM
I am willing to bet it is nothing but an immigration thing... yeah, seriously! Any flight coming in from Europe into the States is subject to a whole lotta shit. coming in from Canada, a portion of the shit. We are being used as a staging location, for an overseas flight, to make it look like it is continental, rather than TRANS-continental.

IMO

Willie51
10-16-2014, 03:05 AM
If that GulfstreamIII is contracted to the Fed gov., then why would it be an immigration thing? Seems like it would get clearance to come straight in. From what I read about this program, these flights are supposed to fly under the public's radar.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-16-2014, 04:00 AM
Did you guys check out the link and try running the numbers? Did you track them? I was being sarcastic about the immigration thing. The Newfounland gas stop makes sense but Bangor however did not. Did we pick up pax there? what? Still trying to figure out the 09OCT14 flight from over there, anyone? Bueller.......anyone......Bueller? What was this flight about?

ak474u
10-16-2014, 04:31 AM
One of the planes went to Hawaii too.

Willie51
10-17-2014, 12:20 AM
OK now you want to have some real fun? How about tracking the medivac flights? Would you all like to do that? HUH? Would ya? Well I've been doing a little bit of research and came across a few things. You've seen the contract I hope, but I have the tail numbers and a way to track their movements. One is N173PA, and the other is N163PA which seems to be their primaries and another is N184PA and PHA333 which is a twin turbo prop. The company has three aircraft equipped for handling such medical situations. I've been using Flightaware.com to track the aircraft's movements..........I'll bet you folks weren't aware of a flight from over there on 09OCT14 were ya? For instance, after leaving Germany my question is the pit stops in Gander, Newfoundland (gas would be my guess) then Bangor, Maine, Hmmmm? Who, what, where and why? 730 miles for a gas stop, I don't think so, they could have made the 2.5 hour flight to GA on that tank of gas easy. So why the stop right inside US territory? It ain't fuckin immigration that's for sure (got any theories on this one) so I'm looking for a link on this flight if anyone can find one. Right now I'm trying to track today's flight.........check out the site. You have enough intell to make you dangerous now, good luck...we're all counting on you. More to follow..............

I only found the flight from Bangor to Cartersville and what AK found, the flight to Hawaii on Oct. 11. Also, I knew what you meant about the immigration thing. :) I was responding to ST and wondered why immigration would be a factor since contracted to U.S. FED.

Twitchy
10-17-2014, 01:03 AM
Phoenix Air, the company that is contracted for ebola transportation services by the gov. has other medical transports... these are not dedicated aircraft just for BSL4 patients...

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-17-2014, 02:16 AM
I understand that Twitchy my Brother. I tracked the tail numbers to the specific aircraft's physical description "Gray Birds", then back tracked flight paths. I didn't just track all of them. Not being a know it all but I did kinda dabble in the intel gathering thing. "Be safe the night is your friend" The bird running to Hawaii flew from Sacramento. Don't know much after that. I'm showing nothing up to date on any of their aircraft now. My questions are based on flight plans, origin, stops, estimated range with a full cells, time and distance. Sure there's not much to question a flight plan in CONUS but when leaving the US and returning from the "dark continent" it becomes suspect.

That site is only one that I have found for tracking and Phoenix has 3 aircraft of that profile "Gray Birds" I've provided the three tail #'s. Now I wish that site was a bit more up to date but you guys need to play with it and you'll find it's pretty slick. Go push some buttons. You can track all Gulfstream III aircraft that are in the air at this moment, which ever airframe you want. It will give you all the specs on the airframe. Price at the pump at any given airport. It's a pretty good site. But.........I don't have a plane.........yet.

OK, one slightly unsatisfied customer so I guess I'll keep digging. :rolleyes:

OH......anyone find out anything happened on 09OCT14?

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-17-2014, 02:27 AM
I can tell you that the same aircraft N173PA that arrived on 09OCT14 left GA on the 11th and arrived in Sacramento and then bolted to Hawaii the same day.

bacpacker
10-17-2014, 06:29 PM
We sent 100 troops to Africa that day. Bet that's not what your looking g for though.

Sniper-T
10-17-2014, 07:30 PM
OH......anyone find out anything happened on 09OCT14?

That was exactly 5 days after my birthday, so I would guess that my liver breathed a huge sigh of relief and my sweat stopped smelling like rum....

eagle326
10-17-2014, 09:34 PM
Yea ;7 days after my B-day. Is it some kind of present for us Libra people? :p

Sniper-T
10-17-2014, 11:04 PM
Crap! ... Happy belated bro!

maybe we should check our mailboxes for ant presents...

bacpacker
10-17-2014, 11:35 PM
11 days before mine. US Libra got it working eh?

eagle326
10-18-2014, 12:25 AM
11 days before mine. US Libra got it working eh?

Yep ; Cause we're totally well balanced. ;)

bacpacker
10-18-2014, 12:42 AM
Oh yeah! Best time of the year.

Willie51
10-18-2014, 04:05 AM
.....and 16 days before mine. :-) Happy birthdays guys!!!

Willie51
10-18-2014, 04:13 AM
6 Reasons to Panic!

This is a must read! It is the best written article that I've seen yet, although scary as hell!

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/six-reasons-panic_816387.html?page=1#.VEEC4fhYTCs.mailto

realist
10-18-2014, 05:25 AM
Below is a link to the CDC checklist to get EMS prepared. Wether you trust them or not this is what EMS people nationwide are following. Hopefully the link below will work.

https://mail.aol.com/webmail/getPart?uid=31841961&partId=4&saveAs=ems-checklist-ebola-preparedness.pdf

Willie51
10-18-2014, 03:11 PM
Below is a link to the CDC checklist to get EMS prepared. Wether you trust them or not this is what EMS people nationwide are following. Hopefully the link below will work.

https://mail.aol.com/webmail/getPart?uid=31841961&partId=4&saveAs=ems-checklist-ebola-preparedness.pdf

The link would not work for me.

bacpacker
10-18-2014, 03:30 PM
Patient #3 is now on deck. This one had the intelligence to take a cruise with 4600+ of their closest friends after working on Duncan. Got sick and reported to the crew. The ship was suppose to dock in Belieze but have been turned away by them and by Mexico. Guess they will get a imposed quarrentine. I hope Huston, Miami, and Ft Laudrdale turns them out to.
How stupid can people be?

realist
10-18-2014, 05:49 PM
Here are a couple of better links to the CDC

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/hcp/interim-guidance-emergency-medical-services-systems-911-public-safety-answering-points-management-patients-known-suspected-united-states.html

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/pdf/ems-checklist-ebola-preparedness.pdf

bacpacker
10-19-2014, 01:30 AM
Good links buddy. Thanks

bacpacker
10-19-2014, 01:39 AM
I found this on another site while ago.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2014/10/obama-plans-let-ebola-infected-foreigners-u-s-treatment/

sounds like Obola wants to bring in non national infected people. What the hell else is he gonna try? That may be whats happening with BWRRs planes are doing?

ak474u
10-19-2014, 03:17 AM
I found this on another site while ago.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2014/10/obama-plans-let-ebola-infected-foreigners-u-s-treatment/

sounds like Obola wants to bring in non national infected people. What the hell else is he gonna try? That may be whats happening with BWRRs planes are doing?

And we thought losing our troops in wars for other countries that hate us was bad... Now we get to lose mom, and her Apple pie to Ebola.

bacpacker
10-19-2014, 03:40 AM
Idiots. Wish they would take them to thier house for a few weeks.

Sniper-T
10-19-2014, 02:02 PM
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/unbelievable-reactions-people-have-had-ebola-outbreak-180953056/?no-ist

bacpacker
10-19-2014, 04:19 PM
On a different note. I've seen some dixcussion of potential economic fallout from real or imagined Ebola cases. Some of the top things in my mind, nursing/medical staff rither from getting sick, or from the fear of contracting it or taking the virus home to their family. If they start staying home the healthcare system will grind to a halt.
transportation systems, trucking and flights in particular for freight. I could easily see mass transit coming to a halt if this crap speads to several cities. If trucking slows drastically, we will start seeing shortages quickly on most everything.
Retail stores. Walmart, how many of you would even go to Walmart if this spreads? Little on go to work there daily? Malls, grocery stores, even clothing or sporting goods stores. Shopping malls not gonna be pretty.
My point in all this, not only will it be a hardship on the country to get what they need, it will slso cause the largest economic crisis we hsve ever seen. On the bright side hopefully most of the infrastrucutre should survive.

Sniper-T
10-20-2014, 12:21 AM
I don't know if it is common down South, but around here it is amazing to see how many people (Asians in particular) wear 'dust' masks on a regular basis on transit, or in the malls. I could see that becoming more the norm, than the exception.

realist
10-20-2014, 05:15 AM
If you owned a bunch of airline stock then you have really seen a major drop in their price. So Bacpacker you are right about transportation.

You know just when gas was finely coming down and I had the time to take a trip.....guess not.

bacpacker
10-20-2014, 01:45 PM
Around here most folks that wear the mask do so while mowing. Not so much in public. I can see that starting to change should this start to spread over the country.

I also saw last night a report that the nurse on the cruise ship has tested negative. The ship docked in Galveston.

realist
10-20-2014, 01:49 PM
Ya everyone who was under quarantine was going to be released today. So all is well and we can go skipping off into the sunset. Why? Because we have an Ebola Czar who will save us from the boogie man according to our fearless leader...

bacpacker
10-20-2014, 02:39 PM
Gives me the warm fuzzies.

realist
10-20-2014, 08:21 PM
Yep everything is now under control we can all get back to normal.....what about Africa? Don't worry about them they will never make it over here.... Trust us...even if you don't trust us it is too far to swim anyways.

Willie51
10-21-2014, 12:51 AM
Here are a couple of better links to the CDC

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/hcp/interim-guidance-emergency-medical-services-systems-911-public-safety-answering-points-management-patients-known-suspected-united-states.html

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/pdf/ems-checklist-ebola-preparedness.pdf

Good info. As I was reading these links and saw where they talked about bats and primates that can pass Ebola, it reminded me of something a friend of mine and I were discussing last week. How about mosquitos? I'm sure the CDC knows, but they aren't saying. I have heard several different statement of how long the virus lives outside the body in bodily fluids and blood........from 3 days to 2 weeks. I don't know which is the truth, but seems that if mosquitos can carry it like they do other diseases, we're in trouble.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-22-2014, 04:15 AM
I guess I'm going to get a can of pepper spray and some "OFF" and we should be fine now. .....................I give up. When it gets here I'm just going to neutralize the contaminate, that's it.

Sniper-T
10-22-2014, 12:07 PM
A little more info:

http://www.gov.mb.ca/health/publichealth/diseases/ebola.html

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-22-2014, 12:19 PM
I'm glad to see your wonderful country did not make the list of infected countries Sniper! Yipee! Good intell brother Thanks!

realist
10-22-2014, 03:24 PM
We did make the recent list of EVD though. You know it is nice to be getting information from the perspective of our friends up north. Thanks sniper

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-23-2014, 02:48 AM
Then I come back in the door and the place gets shot up. WTFO? BUT..........no ebola.........yet. RIP to the fallen it's just fucked up and I'm trying to catch up. Be safe up there fellas.

Sniper-T
10-23-2014, 02:50 AM
locked and loaded

Caveman Survival
10-23-2014, 04:19 AM
Here in Winnipeg they have one of the world's leading virology lab, jam packed with all types of nasty goodies.... Including Ebola, which they have been researching to find cures, vaccines, blah blah blah.

In one of their studies they placed caged pigs under caged monkeys with a space in between the two so no direct contact could be made. They also put an air intake near the monkey cage so that all air would be sucked by the monkeys. They then 100% infected the pigs with Ebola. Results? Every monkey, without direct contact, became infected through aerosol transmission... Piggy sneezes.

They redid the test, this time with infect monkeys in cages over non infected monkeys. No transmission.

Take what you want from that.... Thought I would just throw it out there

bacpacker
10-24-2014, 11:32 AM
Confirmation ed case in New York city. Dr just returned from Africa went to hospital with a 103 fever. From what I saw he took 3 sure way lines and a taxi to get there. Went bowling the night before.
Are people really that insane?

eagle326
10-24-2014, 01:15 PM
Yep

Caveman Survival
10-24-2014, 01:57 PM
I know here in the west the chances of a serious outbreak are very slim due to our tech, science and infrastructure.... But none of that means squat when people (and the system) play fast and loose with it. It amazes me how I hear daily ,"wow, that Ebola, eh? It's crazy scary" then I see them touching hand rails, turning on the kardashians, and thinking 'it can't happen here'.

I can't even say that we have lost our vigilance, because I don't think we have ever had it. Sure as individuals some of us do, but as a societical collective we don't. We are reactive, and that apathy is what is going to kill us, not Ebola.