PDA

View Full Version : Uniformed soldier shot at war memorial

Sniper-T
10-22-2014, 02:29 PM
This just happened!
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/uniformed-canadian-soldier-shot-at-ottawa-war-memorial-140825845.html

and this was yesterday:
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybrew/terror-linked-attack-in-st-jean-sur-richelieu-should-203221509.html

wtf???

realist
10-22-2014, 03:10 PM
All it takes is one or two incidents to have things shut down or some people overreact. The term "large weapon" is troubling making it sound more ominous. When I think of a large weapon I think of artillery. I'm surprised Canada does not have more of these incidents, then again they may just be stopping over to come south.

bacpacker
10-22-2014, 11:39 PM
I heard about these. Pretty disturbing. Thing that gets me, there wasnt a peep on the news about the car running the guys down, until they added it into the shooting today.
T, will the gov spin this as not being a muslim terrorist attack like our administration would?

Sniper-T
10-23-2014, 12:36 AM
The latest update is that it is TERRORISM! ISIS related as a response to our sending troops to Iraq.

follow up: awaiting details, but maybe another shooting at a local hotel (Ottawa), and at a mall (Ottawa).

Oh, and if you can spare a heart... The injured soldier died of his injuries. RIP

Remembrance day just got current here. :(

bacpacker
10-23-2014, 12:49 AM
Rest in peace to all the killed. Glad to hear your gov is calling it right as opposed to workplace violence.

Caveman Survival
10-23-2014, 07:34 AM
Harper has been looking for a reason to restrict us... So yeah it was automatically labelled as terrorism, instead of what it really is... Criminals who can't make it in this life so they cling to any ideal that will justify their existence (both were recent -within a year- muslim converts).

Like really... This guy has been busted 5 or 6 times for pot and pcp, robberies and minor shit like that. He's just a loser that couldn't cut it...

Stormfeather
10-24-2014, 04:45 AM
Had Firefighters in my AO calling me in regards to the first incident and then a few hours later the second incident happened, seems that Depts in our area even had alerts going on the day after it happened, so while it may seem like nobody was paying attention, trust me, they are. This kind of stuff even has small depts on edge.