PDA

View Full Version : Day Of Wrath by William Forstchen

Willie51
10-24-2014, 05:26 PM
Hey folks, a new book out by William Forstchen who wrote One Second After called Day Of Wrath. It's brand new and a must read! It will make you mad and hurt when you read it! It's a story about ISIS coming to America and that's all I'll say for now.

It's $6.29 for paperback and $3.99 for kindle version on Amazon. I think that's the only place you can find it since it's so new. He says it's a book that he did not want to write, but had to, to wake up folks to how evil and barbaric these sub-humans really are and what could be in store for us.

It's a short book and fiction. I read it in two nights (and I'm not a fast reader).

bacpacker
10-24-2014, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I will order it tonight for the Kindle.

Willie51
10-24-2014, 11:58 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I will order it tonight for the Kindle.

You won't regret it. I thought I knew what these demons were about, but this book opened my eyes even wider about a lot of things! Let us know what you think when done reading.

bacpacker
10-25-2014, 01:16 AM
Will do.

ElevenBravo
10-25-2014, 01:24 AM
I hope to get the paperback soon... I really liked one second after.
EB

Willie51
10-29-2014, 03:27 AM
I hope to get the paperback soon... I really liked one second after.
EB

EB, this is different, but well written and you will appreciate the read. Like I said though, it will upset you alot while reading, but the last chapter (chapter 14) is the most upsetting to me. I won't tell anymore, but can't wait to hear comments from those who read it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm actually thinking about ordering a few extra copies and passing them around to family and friends.

Sniper-T
10-29-2014, 11:53 AM
anyone find a .pdf?

ElevenBravo
10-29-2014, 09:33 PM
I did a search, the only thing I found were Trojans in any of the downloads. ;-)

I dont expect the book to be "like" OSA, I was saying I liked OSA and think I can count on DOW being a good book too since I liked the Author's writing.

Come payday, Ill get a paper copy...
http://www.amazon.com/Day-Wrath-William-R-Forstchen/dp/1625781547/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414618385&sr=8-1&keywords=day+of+wrath

EB

Sniper-T
10-30-2014, 02:30 AM
Thanks EB. our amazon sucks up here, esp for American goods. I will buy a paper copy when avail, but am looking for a pdf for a pre-read.

bacpacker
10-30-2014, 11:45 AM
I got it downloaded but haven't had time to read it yet.

idahobob
10-30-2014, 01:50 PM
I've got it. Read it in one sitting.

It is extremely intense and very graphic. I would not recommend that kids read it. The reality of it is very disturbing.

It's coming, get ready.

Bob
III

Sniper-T
10-30-2014, 07:43 PM
And yet you wouldn't read mine Bob, makes me think that it is kinda mellow. lol

Willie51
10-31-2014, 02:45 AM
I've got it. Read it in one sitting.

It is extremely intense and very graphic. I would not recommend that kids read it. The reality of it is very disturbing.

It's coming, get ready.

Bob
III

Hey Bob,

Without saying too much, what did you think of the last chapter (14)? I wasn't expecting it and I'm afraid it's all too real. We can give a few more days or weeks and then discuss it more.

And, You nailed it, it is intense and graphic!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks EB. our amazon sucks up here, esp for American goods. I will buy a paper copy when avail, but am looking for a pdf for a pre-read.

Sniper, what are the issues with you getting a paper back version from Amazon? I would be glad to mail you one of mine (I just ordered 3 more copies from Amazon) although it might take 3 months to cross the border. :confused:

Sniper-T
10-31-2014, 10:45 AM
That's the biggest thing, it takes so damn long to receive, and then it is searched by customs, and then they tax it, blah blah blah.

It finally popped up on Canadian Amazon, here:

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_12/177-1766930-0897400?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=day%20of%20wrath&sprefix=Day+of+Wrath%2Caps%2C171

Notice the small print below the paperback....

"Usually ships in 1 to 3 months"

:rolleyes:

Willie51
10-31-2014, 11:58 PM
That's the biggest thing, it takes so damn long to receive, and then it is searched by customs, and then they tax it, blah blah blah.

It finally popped up on Canadian Amazon, here:

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_12/177-1766930-0897400?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=day%20of%20wrath&sprefix=Day+of+Wrath%2Caps%2C171

Notice the small print below the paperback....

"Usually ships in 1 to 3 months"

:rolleyes:

I saw the 1-3 months statement. That is crazy! If you were into the Ipad or Kindle version, I guess you could get it immediately like we do in the U.S.. I have an Ipad, and tried an ebook once, but I'm old and I still like the simple life....I like to hold a book, not a piece of metal, glass, and plastic. Besides when I go to bed and read, sometimes I fall asleep and I don't like it when the Ipad hits me between the eyes! :(

ElevenBravo
11-01-2014, 12:26 AM
I read all my books on a classic white screen/paper screen Kindle. One good overnight charge and its good for a week's reading. Its more durable than my ol' lady and shuts it's self off too... Best $50 I spent on Craig$list.

EB

bacpacker
11-01-2014, 12:54 AM
I too read a lot on my kindle, but sometimes I would much prefer paperback. Something i really want to keep an I go for hardback, suchas reference material.

ElevenBravo
11-01-2014, 02:11 AM
I agree! Manuals, reference, etc.. MUST be paper! EMP proof for sure!! Never needs batteries.

Ive also got several stories in paper form.

However.. Some stuff (JDY, TOM, Etc) that I can download off the web, I convert to TXT format and just upload to my Kindle's ebook (I think it is...) directory and voila!

EB

Sniper-T
11-03-2014, 12:42 AM
Yeah, I'm old school... I like my paper.

Sniper-T
11-04-2014, 12:12 PM
Found out why Amazon takes so long...

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt140/Sniper-T/the-amazing-amazon-box_zpseafcth0j.gif (http://s605.photobucket.com/user/Sniper-T/media/the-amazing-amazon-box_zpseafcth0j.gif.html)

Willie51
11-04-2014, 11:21 PM
Found out why Amazon takes so long...

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt140/Sniper-T/the-amazing-amazon-box_zpseafcth0j.gif (http://s605.photobucket.com/user/Sniper-T/media/the-amazing-amazon-box_zpseafcth0j.gif.html)

HA! Good one ST! :rolleyes:

Brownwater Riverrat 13
11-05-2014, 04:46 AM
Wish it was in hardback LadyHK and I have an extensive library. We love to turn pages as well, looks like ours will be here on the 10th. Really looking forward to it but I have to finish another Clive Cussler I'm in the middle of. I see James Wesley Rawles has another one out "Liberators" but it's not getting to good of reviews. I still haven't read Expatriates yet so I'll have to grab that one. Anyone read "How to Survive the End of the World as we Know it?"

Willie51
11-06-2014, 03:05 AM
Wish it was in hardback LadyHK and I have an extensive library. We love to turn pages as well, looks like ours will be here on the 10th. Really looking forward to it but I have to finish another Clive Cussler I'm in the middle of. I see James Wesley Rawles has another one out "Liberators" but it's not getting to good of reviews. I still haven't read Expatriates yet so I'll have to grab that one. Anyone read "How to Survive the End of the World as we Know it?"

BWRR, glad to hear you got Day of Wrath coming. Depending on where you are in the Clive Cussler book, you may want to take a break and read Day of Wrath when you get it on the 10th since it's such a quick read. It gets moving quick and draws you into the story. My new ones I ordered came in already on Monday and I'm passing them out to some family and friends to read.

As far as Rawles books, I have not read any of his others after Patriots. Seems most others have not gotten good reviews after he wrote Patriots.
How to Survive the End of the World as we Know it looks interesting though, so might have to order that one.

idahobob
11-06-2014, 11:46 AM
Hey Bob,

Without saying too much, what did you think of the last chapter (14)? I wasn't expecting it and I'm afraid it's all too real. We can give a few more days or weeks and then discuss it more.

And, You nailed it, it is intense and graphic!

- - - Updated - - -

Sniper, what are the issues with you getting a paper back version from Amazon? I would be glad to mail you one of mine (I just ordered 3 more copies from Amazon) although it might take 3 months to cross the border. :confused:

I will just say that the last chapter is predictable and is just what TPTB would do.

Bob
III

Brownwater Riverrat 13
11-07-2014, 05:14 PM
Willie, I thought his second two were good reads as well. Everyone has opinions, it's up to you ya know? Bout the only time I get to read is when I have to go to appts. But sometimes I get a book that I can't put down and you know the rest of the story.

Now as for Bob........... "What mean "TPTB" Rambo?"

ElevenBravo
11-07-2014, 09:05 PM
"What mean "TPTB" Rambo?"

Rat, your google fu is weak little grasshopper...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=TPTB

HTH,
EB

idahobob
11-08-2014, 01:20 PM
Willie, I thought his second two were good reads as well. Everyone has opinions, it's up to you ya know? Bout the only time I get to read is when I have to go to appts. But sometimes I get a book that I can't put down and you know the rest of the story.

Now as for Bob........... "What mean "TPTB" Rambo?"

TPTB = The Powers That Be.

Rambo, I am not.

Bob
III

Brownwater Riverrat 13
11-09-2014, 02:13 AM
Well thank you for the education gents. Due to the constant change in definitions and alphabet soup acronyms are like tornados. Same letters different meanings. So I have to ask these young soldiers and sailors as they spew things at me nowadays with their "experiences" in the world. JUST WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

As Bob Dylan said....."For the times they are a changin"

Brownwater Riverrat 13
11-11-2014, 03:39 PM
Just Finished it! Two days....scenario HIGHLY probable! Heavy sigh........recommendations buy it, read it! Sensory overload for some, prepper over drive for others, just read the damn thing! Whew, Chapter 14 just what I would expect him to do that fuck!

ElevenBravo
11-11-2014, 10:18 PM
Chapter 14 to do, what?

I still need to get the book.
EB

Brownwater Riverrat 13
11-11-2014, 10:26 PM
Read the book.........think about who's in office and you just know he'd screw us over, my take CH 14 would result in civil war.

realist
11-15-2014, 01:20 PM
Okay now you guys have got my interest. So I just got and won't get anything done today now..........

realist
11-15-2014, 04:57 PM
The book is a quick read I finished it since my last post. It is unusual since I normally would not just drop everything and start reading a new book. It held my interest and was up setting at times. Having read "Terror at Beslan" and attended several speakers on the subject this book hits home. I used to work for a company which trained tactical teams. The guy who I worked for would always say this is what we are training for. It is similar to those scenarios which we ran through before 9/11 regarding airplanes. All we can do is respond the best we can and hope for the best. I truly believe, as it has shown in the past, someone standing up against this type of group, being in the right place at the right time with the right equipment can make a difference.

"The lack of transparency will allow us to get it through easier."

I certainly hope not.................

Vodin
11-16-2014, 01:11 AM
I really had an eyeopening with OSA. It was well written. DOW is definitely on my to get ASAP list.

izzyscout21
11-24-2014, 12:34 PM
I still need to read this

Willie51
11-25-2014, 09:29 PM
I still need to read this

I have an extra copy and will be glad to send your way....just let me know. I just sent a copy to my prepper buddy in south Florida and he loved it and is passing his copy to friends at the EMC in his county to read.

Alas Babylon
01-27-2015, 05:29 PM
I just read this book. Started Sunday evening, finished Monday. Went home very sad and depressed. Thought about it as I drove my daily commute down the interstate. Really made me think. My son is in 1st grade, ended up spending the night in his room with him.
How do you prep for something like that? Like OSA, just far too real, and far too possible.
As for the ending, I would not put it past the current "leadership", but if it lasted more than a week, I think there would be major civil unrest.
I am now lending my copy to friends and coworkers.

bacpacker
07-04-2015, 02:31 AM
Finally got around to reading this tonight. Extremely likely scenario IMO. Chapter 14, I think he's just waiting on such an opportunity.

I'll leave this to others to decide so as not to spoil the book for folks who have not read this yet, but I would like to see a discussion of this entire book on the forum. I think there are several lessons to be learned.

Kesephist
07-04-2015, 05:04 PM
Read the book.........think about who's in office and you just know he'd screw us over, my take CH 14 would result in civil war.

It is my opinion that, given their conduct to date, this regime in general, and BHO in particular, would do anything if they thought it furthered their ends.

Including declaration of martial law, and use of weapons of mass destruction against American civilians.

jbraden37
07-24-2015, 10:38 PM
I read the eBook in one evening. The shortest book he's written yet. I think it could have been longer and opened up into a much better story than it did. It left me kind of hanging...I was actually surprised it ended so abruptly.

It was a good read though and was as if I was reading things ripped from the headlines of the daily news.....especially when you consider the Radical Islamist that just shot up all those military members at the recruiting stations in Tennessee!

As a Iraq war veteran with 14 years service and currently in law enforcement, it really hit home with me.

Although a short read, it was well worth it.

I highly suggest it to anyone.

The book I'm REALLY looking forward to reading by this author is his sequel to "One Second After", entitled "One Year After". It's out now.

bacpacker
07-25-2015, 01:18 AM
I agree with you, it was very short and could of had substainally more added. Didn't know he had sequel out. I'll have to get it as well. I like his writing style and he brings up extremely valid points that are relative.

Check our the thread on here for introduction. Introduce yourself. There are some good folks on here.
Thank you for your service.

Kesephist
11-28-2015, 07:40 PM
Finally gave in and gave my info to Amazon, got a copy on their cloud. Gotta figure out how to get it out of the cloud and into my thumbdrive.

Not QUITE physically ill, but damn close.

And, as I surmised, Ch. 14 is exactly what that SOB would do.

And the ****er has 13 months left in which to do it, as of this writing.

The appropriate section of US Code:

TITLE 18 / PART I / CHAPTER 115 / ยง 2381

http://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid:USC-prelim-title18-section2381&num=0&edition=prelim

So, no innocents except for fellow jihadis and their families, and the jihadis may do with infidels anything they wish, and the slate is wiped clean under jihad.

And the FRENCH and the RUSSIANS are the only folks out of the theater of operations launching into these bastards.

Did anyone who read this NOT think, even for a second, "We're screwed"?

Kesephist

bacpacker
11-28-2015, 09:48 PM
We've been screwed for a long time now. This book certainly showed one more way in which its happening.