PDA

View Full Version : Enemies

The Stig
07-25-2011, 11:54 PM
This will probably be a difficult thread to discuss but I'll give it a shot.

Do you have any enemies? Likely most of us are sitting here with our hands up. Put them down, you look stupid.

Do you have any enemies that are unstable enough to try to exact revenge during a SHTF event like a hurricane or worse?

Have you thought through how they might come at you? Have you made any plans for dealing with same (above and beyond your normal self-defense planning).

Have you tried reaching out to these shitbirds in an attempt to reconcile? In most cases I'm guessing not since they are likely total garbage but an interesting aspect to explore.

I'm not suggesting we sit around like paranoid maniacs, but it would be worthwhile to have some situational awareness and identify which dirtbags might try something fishy if given the opportunity and prepare accordingly.

Fatty
07-26-2011, 01:12 AM
I'd have the same feeling dealing with them as I would anyone else...

Recoil.

LUNCHBOX
07-26-2011, 04:31 AM
I think I have one or two......lol. With my work we get threats all the time, if it is one I deem truthful we file intimidation charges so if I have to use Fatty's technique its previously documented. C.Y.A. as best as you can for now...later on who gives a rats ass. I think in any bad situation someone like the members here would step up their sense of security and perform at their best. I think in a bad scenario it would be best to identify your neighbouring threats first and consider all outside area contact as threats until proven otherwise.

RedJohn
07-26-2011, 08:33 AM
If you make it thru life without making enemies, then you probably have not done much in your life.

With my past occupations, i have made a few real bad ones that wowed my demise in court while they were being judged. I am expecting to see one pop up at any time. An SHTF event will not be a special circumstance. I am prepared for it.

TroubleShooter
07-26-2011, 05:48 PM
I think CommonSense applies, sure we all have enemies. I think you just gauge the people around you and make those decisions beforehand. The cool thing about vocal enemies , you already know how they feel.......But those of us who quietly just fade away and mentally make a list, waiting for the right time to discuss it again are different creatures.

mitunnelrat
07-26-2011, 08:15 PM
Its not the ones I know about that worry me... ;) lol

piranha2
07-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Its not the ones I know about that worry me... ;) lol

What he said, I am prepared for the ones I know about.

mitunnelrat
07-27-2011, 03:58 AM
I had added more in an edit, but timed out and ran out of time to post again altogether until now. I had expanded to say that I only know of one person that might want to come at me in a shtf event. Until recently I was watching over my shoulder even on a daily basis, but resolved things well enough I can even make small talk with him again. In an emergency where he feels desperate though, all bets are off. Its a one-time, long time friend who knows my mindset and enough of my assets that he used to joke he'd get them from me one way or another. The flip side to that is I know enough about him I was able to adjust as needed, and he'll play hell even finding me, let alone any physical asset he'll find of value.

He did teach me a bit of a lesson in observation though. How many of us actively watch for anybody tailing us in traffic? I can't say he hasn't found my current home since I don't take great pains to hide that, but once upon a time he was stalking someone else and showed me a rattle can paintjob he did on his car (spur of the moment) to throw off his target's recognition. It obviously wan't perfect, but from 20 feet at 20 mph it was more than passable. I've seen worse paint jobs where people took their time in a garage than what he did quickly in a parking lot. It sounds like the stuff of spy novels, but I'll be damned if he didn't show me how sneaky even average people can get under the right circumstances. I'm much more watchful while driving around than I used to be.

Stormfeather
09-22-2011, 05:43 AM
I try to keep the amount of people pissed off at me to a minimum. As far as enemies, none in this area im at. Those that I would consider enemies are pretty much left back on the west coast with little opportunity to get at me. Im a pretty happy go lucky guy who tries to make nicee nicee wherever I go. But as the old proverb goes, dont mistake my kindness for weakness!

dragon5126
09-24-2011, 03:47 AM
Thanks to our professions, both the wife and I deal with the unstable regularly. Dealing with them is a daily issue for the most part, since it becomes a matter of practice and habit. For us it's actually a non issue. But for most people it's a good time to start practicing the skills to developing them for when they are needed. Simple observation games. "did you see the guy with the pin sock?" type games we used to play as kids are all that it takes to start, and then polish the level of observation. Take your driving skills to the next level. Never pull so close to the car infront of you when at a stop sign or light that you actually cut off the room you need to pull out of a traffic jam...

AquaHull
09-24-2011, 01:16 PM
I had added more in an edit, but timed out and ran out of time to post again altogether until now. I had expanded to say that I only know of one person that might want to come at me in a shtf event. Until recently I was watching over my shoulder even on a daily basis, but resolved things well enough I can even make small talk with him again. In an emergency where he feels desperate though, all bets are off. Its a one-time, long time friend who knows my mindset and enough of my assets that he used to joke he'd get them from me one way or another. The flip side to that is I know enough about him I was able to adjust as needed, and he'll play hell even finding me, let alone any physical asset he'll find of value.

He did teach me a bit of a lesson in observation though. How many of us actively watch for anybody tailing us in traffic? I can't say he hasn't found my current home since I don't take great pains to hide that, but once upon a time he was stalking someone else and showed me a rattle can paintjob he did on his car (spur of the moment) to throw off his target's recognition. It obviously wan't perfect, but from 20 feet at 20 mph it was more than passable. I've seen worse paint jobs where people took their time in a garage than what he did quickly in a parking lot. It sounds like the stuff of spy novels, but I'll be damned if he didn't show me how sneaky even average people can get under the right circumstances. I'm much more watchful while driving around than I used to be.
I grew up in Detroit , so looking over my shoulder and defensive driving are ingrained permanently

Gunfixr
09-25-2011, 05:42 AM
I'm sure there are a few people who don't really like me, but none I can really think of who would actually come after me.
There are a couple whom certainly can if they feel froggy. The molester of my son, one of my wifes' exes who may think I took her away from him. I didn't, he abused her and she left him.

izzyscout21
09-25-2011, 06:03 PM
I've got a few, believe it or not. Just try to watch my family's back more, beef up the home security, and my improve family's situational awareness.