PDA

View Full Version : Surplus PV-14 on the market

Daca102090
10-30-2014, 10:45 PM
I don't know just what condition these are in but last night I came across a company with surplus/used PV-14 monoculars they are selling for $799.95.

While that is still not cheap, it is much lower than a new unit so I just wanted to let others know.

https://apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/141/products_id/4507

Mounts for the scopes

https://apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/products_id/4533

izzyscout21
10-31-2014, 01:08 AM
dang it. now I need to find that money tree

Sniper-T
10-31-2014, 01:19 AM
its in the bedroom Izzy, growing from the piles of cash under the mattress!

Damn, I hate our border issues!

jamesneuen
10-31-2014, 01:36 AM
Need a straw buyer Sniper? lol

Stormfeather
11-05-2014, 07:18 AM
Heck Sniper, just buy it and ship it to my house, and stop by whenever you get in the area and I will let you play with it!

ElevenBravo
11-05-2014, 11:33 PM
Id give my left testicle (Im not using them much anyway...) for a set of PVS7... Its what I used last, liked them pretty good. Dont know much about the 14's, hafta google that.
EB

robsdak
11-06-2014, 12:05 PM
Id give my left testicle (Im not using them much anyway...) for a set of PVS7... Its what I used last, liked them pretty good. Dont know much about the 14's, hafta google that.
EB

EB, if it makes you feel any better, i would give your left testicle for a set as well. :)

cwconnertx
11-06-2014, 09:16 PM
I don't know just what condition these are in but last night I came across a company with surplus/used PV-14 monoculars they are selling for $799.95.

While that is still not cheap, it is much lower than a new unit so I just wanted to let others know.

https://apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/141/products_id/4507

Mounts for the scopes

https://apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/products_id/4533

so very tempted, I fly back and forth to work and would love to just leave one in my remote location and not fly back and forth with it all the time.

bacpacker
11-06-2014, 10:58 PM
Wish I had 800 bucks I could turn loose of. I REAL want some good NV optics.

ElevenBravo
11-06-2014, 11:06 PM
I REAL want some good NV optics.
You, and everyone here... plus a million others we dont know about... :-)
EB

helomech
11-07-2014, 01:05 AM
I am trying to hold out for some thermal. I got a cheap (less than 500) night vision sight, and it works okay, but not great for sure.

cwconnertx
11-07-2014, 01:26 AM
I am trying to hold out for some thermal. I got a cheap (less than 500) night vision sight, and it works okay, but not great for sure.

I got a seek thermal camera for my smartphone, its pretty decent for spotting things, and checking doors and windows for leaks, but obviously not a weapon sight.

I have a PVS 14 and its fantastic. I really want an equivalent thermal unit, and as I said earlier, a second PVS 14.

mitunnelrat
11-07-2014, 02:59 AM
EB, if it makes you feel any better, i would give your left testicle for a set as well. :)

Why, you little man whore! Lol. Do what you like, but I personally will not hold another man's testicle for material gain.

ElevenBravo
11-07-2014, 03:30 AM
I could put my testicle in a zip loc bag for you...

then you would have....

wait for it...

my nut sack.

Ba da bing.

robsdak
11-07-2014, 03:39 PM
Why, you little man whore! Lol. Do what you like, but I personally will not hold another man's testicle for material gain.

I could put my testicle in a zip loc bag for you...

then you would have....

wait for it...

my nut sack.

Ba da bing.

SLOW YOUR ROLL, Fellas.... there was NOT a word about me 'holding' 'touching' or even wanting to be close to EB's testicle. just thought since he was 'offering' 1 up for NVG's, why not take advantage? :)

jamesneuen
11-07-2014, 05:38 PM
anybody know anything about the PVS-400's?

ElevenBravo
11-07-2014, 09:08 PM
Rob, I see your missed call on my phone, I assume you were following up on the offer to trade my test for some NVG. As we mentioned before, yes... you can examine my junk prior to trade. Sorry I missed your call, please call again to schedule a meeting.

:-)
EB

bacpacker
11-07-2014, 10:30 PM
Holy shit!!!

BTW CW, care to share the smartphone app? That sounds like a decent one.

mitunnelrat
11-07-2014, 11:14 PM
So, um, yeah... Lol.

This didn't get really weird. Not at all.

Perhaps we should keep the private deals private? Lol

ElevenBravo
11-07-2014, 11:57 PM
BTW CW, care to share the smartphone app?

Its not an app..

http://obtain.thermal.com/category-s/1818.htm

Its hardware, with an app...

Cool...
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=search_videos&search_query=seek+thermal+camera&search_sort=relevance&search_category=0&page=

Stormfeather
11-08-2014, 09:06 AM
SLOW YOUR ROLL, Fellas.... there was NOT a word about me 'holding' 'touching' or even wanting to be close to EB's testicle. just thought since he was 'offering' 1 up for NVG's, why not take advantage? :)

Backpedal much?

I see your point that you was trying to make, and yes, I too was contemplating using EB's left testicle for payment of a personally owned set of NVG's if he wasnt planning on using them. I mean, why not right?

robsdak
11-08-2014, 10:20 AM
Rob, I see your missed call on my phone, I assume you were following up on the offer to trade my test for some NVG. As we mentioned before, yes... you can examine my junk prior to trade. Sorry I missed your call, please call again to schedule a meeting.

:-)
EB

it wasn't my call you missed? sorry, i sent an e-mail wanting pictures, i have a guy here looking for a 'right testi' but with a pic to confirm size and shape, he said he would consider a 'left' one. :p

So, um, yeah... Lol.

This didn't get really weird. Not at all.

Perhaps we should keep the private deals private? Lol

NO SIR! i want this deal out in the open, so 'if' he even tries backing out, i have proof we had a solid deal.

Backpedal much?

I see your point that you was trying to make, and yes, I too was contemplating using EB's left testicle for payment of a personally owned set of NVG's if he wasnt planning on using them. I mean, why not right?

HUH? i didn't do no such thing.

i love you guys! your awesome! i needed this after the day i had.

Stormfeather
11-08-2014, 10:47 AM
As an aside. . .once we get past talking about 11B's nuts and all. . .

https://www.armasight.com/night-vision/night-vision-monoculars/armasight-spark-core/ is probably one of the best found on the market that I have bought and decided to keep at the pricepoint Ive been looking for. They run 70 LPI (Lines per inch) and have no side/edge distortion. While it obviously isnt a pvs-7/14, it probably comes the closest to it without spending a shit-ton of cash on it and yet is comparable in clarity. I would say these are probably by far the best purchase you can make for night vision if you want to get into the market and dont want to pay upwards of 1500 or more for NVG's. Ive used mine side by side in training out in the field with PVS-7's and 14's and I can see no difference whatsoever between the two. So to me, the bottom factor became, spend $500 .. or $1500?

Brownwater Riverrat 13
11-09-2014, 03:00 AM
Hoo-Yah, Brother I second that motion for I happen to own the same unit. Did you procure the long range illuminator as well? That is a big game changer, massive improvement. As for a weapon system I picked up this... the Vampire. https://www.armasight.com/night-vision/night-vision-weapon-sights/armasight-vampire-3x-core-iit/ As far as the visuals go I give it a "Damn Skippy" easy 300+ yds clarity and I have two witnesses. Izzy and Domeguy. We did a comparison with the Armasite Orion side by side. Long story but I happen to have both of them at the same time and we were able to do a a field test out in my front yard. My opinion............go with the blood sucker.

Here's the bad part, I haven't mounted it yet! Guess I'll be doing this pretty quick...........it's a quick release mount so do I mount it on the AR, SKS or M-21? WTF...................

izzyscout21
11-11-2014, 02:15 PM
Yeah, Riverrat's unit is nice. I like it a lot better than my Ghosthunter

Brownwater Riverrat 13
11-11-2014, 03:33 PM
Where you commenting on the scope or the monocular?

cwconnertx
11-13-2014, 01:41 AM
You need the hardware, but it is relatively cheap, $200 I think I paid including shipping

From there, download the good play app.

It works as advertised, I am able to see there the seals on my front door leak. I also was able to spot a rabbit in the yard that I could not see.

realist
11-15-2014, 12:59 PM
Can you guys tell me what the difference the PV 14 is to the PVS-14? I have used the PVS-14s a bunch but don't know about the PV.

Thanks in advance.