PDA

View Full Version : So what did Santa bring you?

realist
12-25-2014, 04:19 PM
I got a mint condition copy of Hatcher's 1935 book on rifles and pistols from my daughter. I got night sights for my Shield from my son. My wife gave me some taco (magazine pouches) which will go on my Brokos belt when it gets here. Not a bad Christmas. I hope everyone has a safe and very Merry Christmas.

helomech
12-25-2014, 05:02 PM
http://www.hornady.com/store/Lock-N-Load-Auto-Charge-dispenser/

ElevenBravo
12-25-2014, 05:19 PM
I got a home made dream catcher from my daughter, the steamers are made from 9mm brass.

I got $100 cash, will end up going to groceries and gas.

I got a $50 gift card to Gander, and they have nothing I want.

I got some little storage/organizer thingys from my wife with reloading in mind.

I got a pair of camo slippers my daughter picked out (No more cold feet when reloading in the basement, HA HA!)

and best of all,

My stepson got me some Knob Creek Smoked Maple (Which I am continuously sampling today), its delicious!!

EB

robsdak
12-25-2014, 05:25 PM
nothing as of yet. we haven't done christmas.

ak474u
12-25-2014, 05:34 PM
SOG fast hawk, 2 G17 mags, 5.11 hat, LED light for hat brim, leatherman, ammo, dash cam for my truck (I'll probably use it more for catching action video of my kid) clothes, 2 - 5.11 TDU belts, a pressure cooker, knife sharpening kit.

jamesneuen
12-25-2014, 11:34 PM
s&w 64-5 and colt detective special

bacpacker
12-26-2014, 01:00 AM
A nice pair of house shoes, roller stand to use with my saws when wood working, and some money. Most likely gonna use it for some tools and gardening supplies.
Merry Christmas to all.

robsdak
12-26-2014, 03:23 AM
well, everything slowed down here and we did Christmas at 7pm.

my haul included,

new house shoes
socks (standard fare)
underwear (standard fare)
a traveling shower kit (like i am going somewhere)
a movie 'Napoleon Dynomite' (silly, but a favorite of mine)
several can of flavored peanuts. (again a favorite of mine)
a custom knife. it's from a member on another forum, really a trade, i offered him a paracord belt for it. (my Christmas too me)
a stocking full of candies i am not suppose to have. LOL
i got too spend several hours here at the house alone, well with the puppies.

we don't really do a big Christmas here, we give through out the year to each other. i will be at a store and see something that mom or lil' sis would like too have and they get it. LOL i know, boring, but it's all good. since my diagnosis i live a life of 'no regrets'

the best present of all. was an email i got last night, didn't open till this morning. my buddy James and his girlfriend Danielle sent me a picture of the 3 of them(Bailey the dog) with Danielle holding sonogram pictures, informing me i was going to be an Uncle! greatest Christmas gift i could have asked for.

bacpacker
12-26-2014, 02:36 PM
Congrats on the uncle Rob. You get to spoil one now. 😅

Sniper-T
12-26-2014, 03:42 PM
A couple gift cards (cabelas)
Smoker pucks (misc)
New hunting boots
shirts
pants
Jalepino popper cooker
books

And now... some quit time curled up by the fire with my wife...

robsdak
12-26-2014, 04:51 PM
Congrats on the uncle Rob. You get to spoil one now. 

only problem with that... they are 3k miles away and just bought a house. since i don't fly, maybe plenty of face time on the I-40.

A couple gift cards (cabelas)
Smoker pucks (misc)
New hunting boots
shirts
pants
Jalepino popper cooker
books

And now... some quit time curled up by the fire with my wife...

i'll PM you my address, you have no need for the Jalapeno Popper Cooker. i hear they don't grow well in Canada. :) now the curled up by the fire sounds nice, if only i had a fireplace and a wife... :p

Sniper-T
12-26-2014, 10:44 PM
Oddly eough... I got two of the jalapino things, one that does 49 at a time. lol

Going to return that one, especially considering the wife doesn't like spicy food. lol

Vodin
12-26-2014, 11:10 PM
Dehydrator

mitunnelrat
12-27-2014, 03:46 AM
Being a once-again single fella again, with no kids, I actually made out better than expected with a Gander Mountain gift card and some winning scratch off ticket.

Other than that I bought myself a Stanley, no-spill coffee mug that slows me down and keeps my coffee hot. A winning combination.

eagle326
12-27-2014, 09:12 PM
Asked the Goddess why I didn't have any presents? Her words were!!
You have me darlin' what else could you ever want or need. :eek:

Ain't touching that one. Nope ; No way in Hell.

Gunfixr
12-30-2014, 03:05 PM
Got some cash, going to get a rimfire suppressor. Well, the tax stamp anyway, I'll just make it.

Getting my own reloading room, our son moved out Christmas.

The last time it was this quiet and we were home was when he was a baby, during nap time.

Other than that, got news my dad has cancer, which is a repeat of last year's Christmas.

I've had the last half of last week and will have this week off (daughter wants son's old room, it needed "sanitizing"), but I almost can't wait to get back to work to get some rest. I been busy as all get out.

Since me and the wife both work in retail, there hasn't been any curl up time.

Stormfeather
12-30-2014, 06:05 PM
Got a stocking filled with shaving cream, beer nuts, pistachios, new bbq tongs, and I was good to go with that. For some reason, cant seem to get my christmas cheer on like I used to, and I spend more time and energy trying to hide the fact for the kids sake that it becomes tiring. Will work on being a better Santa next year I think.

ElevenBravo
12-30-2014, 10:47 PM
I didnt even know that beer had nuts...

Gunfixr
01-01-2015, 02:18 PM
I haven't had the Christmas spirit in years. A lot of bad things have happened in November and December over the years, and I just lost it.

As far as I'm concerned, the day after Halloween could be Jan 2nd, and I'd be fine.

Willie51
01-01-2015, 03:31 PM
live bait box by Engel
LED chargeable spot light (from dear wife- she says I have a flashlight fetish. :-)
Fishing Tackle
Hobie Kayak
Gift cards

And best of all (like Robsdak) our son and sweet daughter-in-law showed us pictures of sonogram of our Grandchild due next July.

robsdak
01-02-2015, 05:41 AM
I haven't had the Christmas spirit in years. A lot of bad things have happened in November and December over the years, and I just lost it.

As far as I'm concerned, the day after Halloween could be Jan 2nd, and I'd be fine.

right there with you... wait, then hunting season would have to be extended. never mind, i don't hunt... :)

live bait box by Engel
LED chargeable spot light (from dear wife- she says I have a flashlight fetish. :-)
Fishing Tackle
Hobie Kayak
Gift cards

And best of all (like Robsdak) our son and sweet daughter-in-law showed us pictures of sonogram of our Grandchild due next July.

let me know how the bait box works for you. i want one, 'i think'.

as for son and sweet daughter-in-law, is his name James and live in Cali? they are due in July, as well. just asking... Congrats!!! GRAMPS!...

ladyhk13
01-07-2015, 10:41 PM
Pasta maker for my KitckenAid machine, manual pasta maker, pasta cutters, ravioli molds (both for machine and manual I think), book on artisan pastas, gift cards, bunny slippers with ears that pop up when ya walk, red KitckenAid ceramic knife set to match my kitchen, a handmade quilt from my mom, a beautiful mirror with chicken, emu, turkey, guinea (sp) feathers glued like a wreath all around it from a great friend who hatched my chicks for me...how wonderful.

Sniper-T
01-07-2015, 11:52 PM
Got some pics of the pasta machine/accessories?

I need a ravioli attachment for mine!

Willie51
01-08-2015, 12:38 AM
right there with you... wait, then hunting season would have to be extended. never mind, i don't hunt... :)

let me know how the bait box works for you. i want one, 'i think'.

as for son and sweet daughter-in-law, is his name James and live in Cali? they are due in July, as well. just asking... Congrats!!! GRAMPS!...

Thanks bud, we are excited about the little one on the way! As far as the Engle live bait box, it's the 19 quart model and is pretty cool but probably won't get to try it until March. Then I will let you know. Until then, I will use it as a little cooler or even a dry box.

Domeguy
01-08-2015, 08:37 AM
Santa brought me a chipped elbow bone and a ruptured tricep tendon. I went into the garage Christmas morning and bumped my elbow backwards into the corner of a 2x4 on the work bench, not hard, but hard enough. Later while I sliced the ham for dinner, after sharpening the knife, my thumb on fore mentioned injured arm slipped off of the ham and went into the knife. Only needed 5 stitches to close the wound. Lucky I married to a RN. Happy New Year!

bacpacker
01-08-2015, 01:01 PM
Well crap DG. What'd you go and do that for?

Domeguy
01-08-2015, 02:48 PM
Seemed like a good idea at the time!

bacpacker
01-08-2015, 04:50 PM
Hope you heal up quickly.

Domeguy
01-08-2015, 05:01 PM
Having surgery in a couple of hours. I heal quickly.

ladyhk13
01-08-2015, 05:42 PM
Got some pics of the pasta machine/accessories?

I need a ravioli attachment for mine!

Ok, I just got learned by BWRR. The attachment makes the sheets, then ya take a sheet, put your stuff onto it, put your next sheet over it and use the ravioli press to squish it together. I got both. I took a couple of pics and he is going to post them for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Having surgery in a couple of hours. I heal quickly.

Good luck brother, let us know if you need anything.

ladyhk13
01-08-2015, 05:53 PM
Oh, and I forgot that I also got 6 #10 cans of whole red wheat from my mom, a heavy duty winter parka from BWRR too!

Brownwater Riverrat 13
01-08-2015, 06:03 PM
As per her request, Ho, Ho, Ho!

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/sardog87008/102_7276_zps88c27a40.jpg (http://s85.photobucket.com/user/sardog87008/media/102_7276_zps88c27a40.jpg.html)

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/sardog87008/102_7275_zps6307fd7f.jpg (http://s85.photobucket.com/user/sardog87008/media/102_7275_zps6307fd7f.jpg.html)

Brownwater Riverrat 13
01-08-2015, 06:09 PM
I just got off the phone with Domeguy, we went over his procedure together. Once I bring him to, I'll let ya'll know how he's doing. But it's a simple thing really, knife, rubber band, super glue, staple gun, a little more super glue. WA LAH! Only one left over piece..............oh, uh....I meant to do that remember? Put your finger right there, I'll be back in a minute.............

Sniper-T
01-08-2015, 11:51 PM
Nice set up LH. I have that imperia too and LOVE it. I even use it to roll out my perogy dough!

There is a ravioli attachment for that as well, which is always on backorder around here (grrr), that's what I want.

I'm thinking we may need a fresh pasta thread for exchanging recipes...

- - - Updated - - -

I gotta find one of those hand crimper/cutters...

ladyhk13
01-09-2015, 04:22 AM
BWRR bought everything so he can tell you where he got the stuff. Hand crimper?

Sniper-T
01-09-2015, 11:49 AM
The GripEZ tool in the very front in the first picture

Domeguy
01-09-2015, 05:00 PM
I awoke last night to quite a CLUCK shock with BWRR standing over me. He had what looked like some CLUCK kind of a crimping tool in one hand, and a dead chicken in the other. Behind CLUCK him on a table was a wide variety of tools, rubber bands, and several large CLUCK tubes of super glue. I asked him how the surgery went, CLUCK ad he said the transplant had been a success. Transplant?.....transplant? It seems he replaced the tendon with a chicken tendon, and CLUCK Had made a few other changes. He said he was implementing his master plan to create a new kind of chicken...A super chicken......a super chicken soldier..........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f226/gantsum/19ec1841a24d9dc383ad35caf2cdb01d_zpscdccb969.jpg

Sniper-T
01-09-2015, 05:08 PM
lol...
did they up your pain medication again?
;)

ladyhk13
01-09-2015, 05:22 PM
The GripEZ tool in the very front in the first picture

Oh...ok...I jist thought it was fir if ya want straight noodles or squiggly ones! So much for reading directions ;) I actually haven't played with any of the stuff yet and have no idea how to make pasta. Saw them do it on tv and thought "how hard could it be?" We eat a lot of egg noodles.

Domeguy
01-09-2015, 05:45 PM
lol...
did they up your pain medication again?
;)

Now that you mention it...that does seem to make more sense. Cluck

Domeguy
01-15-2015, 06:27 PM
I saw the doc yesterday with good news. He changed the dressing, said things are healing well. Go back next week and will get the staples out and start therapy. But he said it seems I may never be able to get pregnant.

bacpacker
01-15-2015, 11:18 PM
Glad you got a good report DG. Too bad on not getting knocked up. I'm sure you was counting on that!

Sniper-T
01-16-2015, 12:49 AM
Doesn't mean you can't practice!!!

Glad you're doing well!

ladyhk13
01-20-2015, 03:41 AM
I saw the doc yesterday with good news. He changed the dressing, said things are healing well. Go back next week and will get the staples out and start therapy. But he said it seems I may never be able to get pregnant.

There's always the ol turkey baster. ��

Katrina
01-20-2015, 04:42 AM
Glad it was a good Christmas. I got a beautiful tablecloth from DIL1 who got my name (I got hers)and some oven mitts, DIL2 got me some more awesome oven mitts and a big spatula for non stick pans. The sons got me Gift Cards and The Art of Klingon Warfare (book) Grandson 1 got me a giant pencil, He won it for me. Grand daughter 1 got me a DVD of Les Miz(musical) the other grand kids (son 2's) got me fancy cocoa and Godiva chocolates. DH got me a beautiful necklace set and a set of pictures. I have to explain, years ago my dad gave son 1 a wooden box, like a recipe box, full of negatives, told son they were pictures of ships and schematics , stuff like that. Well DH started looking thru it and found to his surprise a lot of family pictures we thought were lost. Me as a little girl, Mom and dad's wedding, grandparents and the great grands from both sides of the family, etc. He had a few printed up and put in frames for me, good thing he had me open them before family came, I was so surprised I started bawling, thanks to the step witch ALL of the family's photo albums and family pictures(and the movie reels) were destroyed. So we didn't have anything left from our childhood.Now I just have to scrape together enough money to get them on CD's for my siblings. There are over 200 negatives in this box so I'll have to ease up on the preps till I get those pix on the CD's. Oh and I'm going to NYC this March to help out DIL, She's working on a Starz show (accounting) and son 1's kids will be there for Spring break. Son 1 will be in LA working on the movie Message from the King. Originally, he was going to be done with the film and in NYC when the kids came but the picture's start got pushed back 2 -3 weeks , so I'm going out to watch the kids till DIL gets off work that Wed and then they are flying to LA to be with son 1 for the rest of the week and I will be flying home. I got some very nice gifts from my brokers too, Gift cards, more fancy cocoa, a Klingon Bird of Prey corkscrew,dinner and a movie from one of my"guys". So Christmas was pretty good for us this year. We had a 9yr old, 7yr old, TWO 4 yrs olds and TWO 1 year olds as well as all the usual family here for Christmas. My DILs and my niece decided this year to have some wine for gift opening with the goodies we usually put out , the grand kids got milk and sparkling grape juice and it was decided that we'll do that every year as we had a blast. Now I just have to get a few more bottles of the wine my brother in Las Vegas gave us for next year,good thing Family reunion will be there this year. Everybody liked the red and rose he and sil gave us when we were there in October.

Sniper-T
01-20-2015, 11:39 AM
...The Art of Klingon Warfare (book) ...

Kat, are you a trekkie? Post up a review on that book when you can, I've been thinking about ordering it. Have you seen this thread: http://www.shtfready.com/threads/4455-Ghob-ghiqtal/page2

...I just have to scrape together enough money to get them on CD's for my siblings. There are over 200 negatives in this box so I'll have to ease up on the preps till I get those pix on the CD's. ....

You can save yourself a whackload of cash by doing it yourself. buy one of these:

http://www.staples.ca/en/Muvi-3-MP-Slide-Negative-Scanner/product_194051_2-CA_1_20001?cid=CSE:SBD:SHOPBOT:194051

or higher end:

http://www.hookbag.ca/product/H3C0CW2NH?ref=shopbot.ca&p=1440

Katrina
01-22-2015, 11:53 PM
Thanks Sniper I'll check them out, just know I am BARELY in the 20th century with technology LOL.
AM I A Trekkie??? I am K'Hara grand niece to Kem'pek Chancellor of the Klingon High Council, who was murdered by the Duros family, Cha'dich to Lord Krug and his family.
Seriously, We (the group I belong to) kit out for charity events in the Detroit area. We raise money for a Special Needs Camp here and food, money for the local food banks. Yes I have ridges, a full uniform and gear and I have a blast!! Someday I'll have to find and post the picture of my alter ego ;)

Sniper-T
01-23-2015, 12:03 AM
Them Damn Duras' we shoulda killed them all when we had the opportunity!

If you don't want to post it, PM me a pic! Would love to see it!

Do you have bat'leth? pm me your height and mailing addy, and I might be able to get you one... if you want, of course. either show or real!

bacpacker
01-23-2015, 01:13 AM
bat'leth...either show or real!

T, you need to put up some pics in the weapons thread. Sounds like you've made these before?

Kat, we gotta see pics of you in costume.

Sniper-T
01-23-2015, 02:10 AM
BP... slide on up, and click on the link in this thread in post #46 (by me)

that'll take you to another thread I posted about a toy hanging in my garage...

Domeguy
01-23-2015, 02:48 AM
Thanks Sniper I'll check them out, just know I am BARELY in the 20th century with technology LOL.
AM I A Trekkie??? I am K'Hara grand niece to Kem'pek Chancellor of the Klingon High Council, who was murdered by the Duros family, Cha'dich to Lord Krug and his family.
Seriously, We (the group I belong to) kit out for charity events in the Detroit area. We raise money for a Special Needs Camp here and food, money for the local food banks. Yes I have ridges, a full uniform and gear and I have a blast!! Someday I'll have to find and post the picture of my alter ego ;)

I fellow SF nerd...welcome, as I am one too. I was even on the Board of Directors for about 10 science fiction conventions and one Worldcon in the 80's and 90's. Aren't we all a diverse group.

Katrina
01-24-2015, 02:26 PM
Sniper,
Enjoyed the book. It talks about Ancient principles of Ruthless Honor, Kahless and his struggles and give stories of other Honorable (and not so honorable) Klingons from the past as examples of the 10 precepts of Honor. Just went to site AWESOME Bat'leth.
Have my d'k tahg, been looking for the Bat'leth and ghItaq

- - - Updated - - -

Dome Guy
Ever make to the Dover Peace conference?

Domeguy
01-24-2015, 03:52 PM
I had never heard of the Dover Peace conference, but after researching it, it looks like something I would like to go see. I mostly stayed in the southern area at that time. I took my wife a couple of years ago to the 25th Libertycon, which a friend and I started in my house. My wife couldn't believe I used hang around people "like that". She didn't mean it in a bad way, she just didn't grow up with that nerd gene in her. She just couldn't grasp that people would dress in costumes in public, or have such devotion to movies or books an such. I was mostly interested in the visual aspect of SF and ran the art rooms. At the Worldcon, I slept in the art room at night for added security, with Whaelans' original "White Dragon" and others surrounding me. Unforgettable.

Katrina
01-25-2015, 03:28 AM
I didn't know it was back. Last time I attended was early 90's and the founder was shutting it down due to lack of space to hold it. My Lil brother does a con in Washington every year in April. His group runs the hospitality room. Due to theme this year, they are "resting" for this con and not hosting the room.Some day I may even get out west to attend it.Wish I had more time(and money) I really want to come to Liberty con AND Dragon con in Atlanta, Almost made it last year but family circumstances prevented me from attending. I do the Michigan Comic Con in Novi every year. I get to sit with some of the media stars and help them out. I have a blast every year.

realist
12-27-2015, 10:59 PM
Hey same question as last year what did the furry old guy or gal bring you?

I got a bunch of titanium camping cookware. a big Berkey, backpacking camp chair and a Ham radio.

Stormfeather
12-27-2015, 11:15 PM
Got a nice knife, razor blades, shaving creme, and other misc stuff that filled my stocking, best part was, I got the wife home for xmas!

ak474u
12-28-2015, 12:13 AM
Glock 43 mags, bx-25 mags for my 10-22, ammo, some gadgets I needed, several good lined fleece jackets, some garage stuff I wanted. The kid got pages 1-100 in the toys r us catalog. Lol

jamesneuen
12-28-2015, 02:59 AM
I actually sold a gun I had listed at the demand of the wife, never thought I would get what I was asking. Now I'm sad but I'll be getting a Glock 34 to make up for it, also got some old knives to recondition, and the 200 anniversary knife from Remington.

realist
12-28-2015, 04:44 AM
Hey Stormfeather there is nothing better than having family home again, enjoy the time together.

bacpacker
12-28-2015, 11:59 AM
Got a chain saw sharpening grinder. Makes doing blades quick, easy, and perfect. Also got an Armed Forces survival manual, 1881 Morgan silver dollar, some new shoes, and some cash. Great weekend.

And it wasn't for Christmas, but timing was right. Found and got another 08 Tundra. Almost a perfect match for my totalled one.

Gunfixr
12-28-2015, 01:35 PM
Told my wife not to get me anything, I'm sure you guys remember the automag, figured that and it's accessories was more than enough.
But, got a couple of interesting multi tools. Got a copy of "The American Patriot's Almanac". Don't know when I'll get to read it.

First Christmas since son moved out, he wasn't there.
First Christmas without dad.

Katrina
12-29-2015, 03:26 AM
well this year I got Light's out by Ted Koppel from my nephew (he had my name) A two book set, Ayn Rand, a couple of Blue Ray DVDs of movies and the player from my grand children and sons, DIL's. Well the player was for both of us. A sweater (I picked out ;)) from Dahubs AND a Gift cert to my favorite hair salon. It was hilarious I had just been there day before and the owner and friend kept laughing about something. Now I know DaHubs had gone there a couple of days before and picked up the Cert. Oldest and family couldn't come this year but sent an I-Pad to we could Skype when we opened gifts. IT was a fantastic time I gave DaHubs a new set of knives for the kitchen, supposedly these are NOT supposed to rust or need sharpening and a new watch, his is 20-25 years old and REALLY needed to be replaced. It hasn't been keeping good time. 2 yr old grand daughter just about died when she opened the Hello Kitty car and her older brother went nuts over the ride on truck, it was Star Wars!! IT had a Millennium Falcon with it and a pile of Legos to build on the truck. But as with all kids they played with the boxes all night long.I got son 1's name but they got the packages today, so they Skyped and we watched them open their presents. There is another package , from aunts and uncles coming this Friday . The kids are ecstatic 3 days of presents.
Hope all had a good holiday Gun Know the feeling , since Pop died. It's gotten harder to be in the "Holiday Spirit" and with half the family not here for Christmas, DaHubs and I had a hard time keeping positive. OOH Forgot my brokers were very generous this year . I got a Bat'leth letter opener from one of my guys, don't know where he finds the Star Trek stuff but last year he gave me the NCC-1701 Pizza cutter for Christmas. NO I don't use it ,it's too nice to use on messy pizza.

robsdak
12-29-2015, 03:27 AM
wasn't too bad. had a few days away from the world... much needed! Santa Clause brought me a Mossy 500 .410, socks and underwear a Bigfoot Call. i don't think it 'works' none have responded. i got lil sister a HDTV and a BluRay player, with the option to get her a flat top stove. my health is improving, always thankful of that.

mitunnelrat
12-29-2015, 04:34 AM
I got a set of standard ratcheting wrenches from "Santa", and a set of metric from my uncle. Somebody obviously paid attention to what I did, and did not have, and I'm still smiling.

Sister gave me a gift card to the theater, because I mentioned going to see the new Star Wars. I did that today, but wrong cinema, so any current movie recommendations?

bacpacker
12-29-2015, 11:56 AM
Folks mentioning folks not being around for the holidays. My wifes family is in Mich, mi e is in Tn, so we split thanksgiving and Christmas every year. So always missing half of them.
I lost a cousin. Last year and another 10 days before Christmas this year. Strange not having them around.

realist
12-30-2015, 03:20 PM
Holidays are nice when everyone makes it. The problem is when one of your loved ones are missing it brings everything down a notch. One thing I have a hard time is when the kids leave, there is an emptiness. So for all of you with that void, here is hoping it can be filled, but not replaced.

eagle326
12-30-2015, 03:50 PM
Between the wife & daughter I got :

9 mm ammo for my 2 FM model 90 hi powered 9mm's
3 smoke grenades
house slippers
boots
loggerhead wrench
lined leather gloves
and a pair of sweet denim blue low cut Converse All Star tenny runners. Haven't had a pair since my teen days.:cool:

Other presents I got thru out the year as is our custom.
tire changer for full sized tires
tire changer for 8" and smaller
3 1/2 cubic foot cement mixer
Kreg pocket hole kit

Didn't do too bad. :)

bacpacker
12-30-2015, 04:03 PM
Those Kreg tools are awesome. My dad has one and it is extremely precise. I forgot you were a wood worker.

eagle326
12-30-2015, 05:38 PM
Those Kreg tools are awesome. My dad has one and it is extremely precise. I forgot you were a wood worker.

That they are. And the cement mixer is great for making shoe molds ; No no I mean sidewalks and such.

bacpacker
12-30-2015, 05:45 PM
Does a great job mix g soil miss for starting seedlings.

eagle326
12-30-2015, 06:04 PM
And for making mixed drinks for a small party. ;)

realist
12-31-2015, 02:28 PM
Between the wife & daughter I got :

9 mm ammo for my 2 FM model 90 hi powered 9mm's
3 smoke grenades
house slippers
boots
loggerhead wrench
lined leather gloves
and a pair of sweet denim blue low cut Converse All Star tenny runners. Haven't had a pair since my teen days.:cool:

Other presents I got thru out the year as is our custom.
tire changer for full sized tires
tire changer for 8" and smaller
3 1/2 yard cement mixer
Kreg pocket hole kit

Didn't do too bad. :)

3 1/2 yard cement mixer? That thing is huge. Is that trailer mounted or truck mounted?

eagle326
12-31-2015, 03:01 PM
3 1/2 yard cement mixer? That thing is huge. Is that trailer mounted or truck mounted?

Damn! Sorry guys ; meant 31/2 cu. ft. mixer. Good catch Realist. Went back and fixed it. It's those damn fingers on my right hand. They always try to sabotage me because I'm a lefty and they're jealous.

realist
01-01-2016, 01:53 AM
Hey I was just jealous I would love to have one that big. I've got to buy a mixer this spring.

eagle326
01-01-2016, 02:00 PM
Hey I was just jealous I would love to have one that big. I've got to buy a mixer this spring.

The one I got came from Harbor Freight on sale $189.00 Checked out all the reviews and you tube videos.
I've done 2- 80# bags at a time and it worked great without breaking stride. Assembly was easy and only took about an hour working by myself.
Don't know what you're looking for but this one might be worth your time to check out.

Sniper-T
01-07-2016, 11:33 PM
Got a chain saw sharpening grinder. ....

Brand? link?

Kreg pocket hole kit

specifics?

I got the usual... Cabelas cards, socks and smoker wood.

neat idea for the cement mixer... will have to try that this spring!

eagle326
01-08-2016, 01:39 AM
Brand? link?

specifics?

I got the usual... Cabelas cards, socks and smoker wood.

neat idea for the cement mixer... will have to try that this spring!

Yep ; mix up a batch of what you like to drink in a large volume and have at it. Even if company doesn't like it very much they'll drink it just so you don't have it all to yourself. :p

bacpacker
01-08-2016, 02:10 AM
Here is the sharpener I got.

http://www.harborfreight.com/electric-chain-saw-sharpener-61613.html

Not sure exactly what Kreg unit Eagle got, but here is one model. This is the JIG.

https://www.kregtool.com/store/c13/kreg-jigsreg/p169/kreg-jigreg-r3/

Here is the kit.

https://www.kregtool.com/store/c22/kreg-jigreg-accessories/p168/quick-change-pocket-hole-kit/

ElevenBravo
01-08-2016, 03:10 AM
I like Kreg, I got a kit buy them years ago, Id have to look it up, but I love it!!

Sniper-T
01-08-2016, 12:15 PM
wow! great prices for power tools at that Harbour Freight. Are they decent quality?

I need to replace my angle grinder.

bacpacker
01-08-2016, 01:38 PM
Some things are fair quality, some not so much. Price is better than quality for sure. Most is chi Com made. Really depends on how much and how hard you expect to use the stuff. It is not professional AL grade, but is good for filling in a set or rarely used stuff. Angle grinders looked decent.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
01-18-2016, 01:51 PM
I had one of those "Chicago" 4 1/2" angle grinders that I bought back around 96. I replaced the brushes in it once. I bought a Milwaukee last year after that one died. I used the piss out of that thing, fabricated a lot of parts, etc. It finally just died, but I'd say for $20 I got my money's worth. Got one of those little Chop saws (miter) and it still working, it's just as old and great for small trim jobs. So overall they aren't bad, now having said that. Those were the tools of the 90's........what are they like today?

Yet I have a Makita Drywall/screw gun that I've had since 82. I've hung and swung 1000's of doors and hardware. (before Navy) 100's of sheets of drywall and I've replaced the brushes once. I re-broke my nose with it once too. (another story) I threw it after that.....yeah it's still working today.

But I do like Harbor freight, they have a lot of good stuff there.......and I buy it

OH! They have media tumblers there too! I'll be looking at those next trip, That way I can tumble two batches of brass at the same time! They got big ones!

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=tumbler